Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 04:26 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times

Advertisements

The 1960 and 1978 photos are my favorites, as they trigger great personal memories.

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/life-...d-in-snow.html

It will be sad when Greater Cleveland kids no longer build snowmen, frequent the local sledding hill, play snow football, or experience snowball battles.

As an adult, I would most miss hiking local Metropark trails on a sunny winter day amid a snow- and ice-covered wonderland, or being able to walk far offshore on a frozen Lake Erie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 02:47 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
If you like snow, its not too late to stop the Ethane Cracker plants planned for Eastern Ohio along the Ohio River. In this article is a web site address where you can email in your opinions.

http://www.theintelligencer.net/news...elmont-county/

Old 01-30-2019, 02:04 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,492 times
Sure seems balmy in NEO these days. Bring on global warming..

Old 01-30-2019, 02:23 PM
on3

498 posts, read 383,859 times
-1 in CLE....that global warming though...

Old 01-30-2019, 03:52 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,041,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Sure seems balmy in NEO these days. Bring on global warming..
It'll be here this Sunday.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:42 PM

I realize the diff between climate and weather. However, every time we get hotter than usual temps, or droughts, the climate change nuts wont let a good tragedy go to waste and amplify the hot/dry weather to support their cause.

In that light, where are the global warming freaks now? Freezing to death in their parents basements?

Next time we get hot/dry weather, and they roll out their "see I told you about Global Warming" crap next time, I'll be using this text to rebute.

This might be the coldest Polar Vortex event in our lifetimes.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:24 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,041,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I realize the diff between climate and weather. However, every time we get hotter than usual temps, or droughts, the climate change nuts wont let a good tragedy go to waste and amplify the hot/dry weather to support their cause.

In that light, where are the global warming freaks now? Freezing to death in their parents basements?

Next time we get hot/dry weather, and they roll out their "see I told you about Global Warming" crap next time, I'll be using this text to rebute.

Don't let a moronic debate fueled by radio pundits get in the way of science. Let's not call it global warming or climate change. Call it nothing, forgetaboutit. Think about this:

Do you think pollution is getting better or worse?
Do you think mankind can cause widespread environmental damage like the killing of Lake Erie or the dust bowl?
Do you think the pollution in China and India is real and getting better or worse?
Do you think we can always depend upon a reliable source of drinking water? Or food?

If your answer is negative to any of those questions, you might want to think about what things will look like in 50 years - assuming you'll still be living at that time.

BTW, this is by no means the coldest polar vortex in my lifetime, I measured a -22F air temp, -60F windchill back in the early 90s - while living in Cleve Hts.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:20 AM

Coldest temps ever recorded in Chicago:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01...-in-chicago-2/

Global cooling? Maybe all the pollution is blocking out the Sun and eating up the ozone layer.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:19 AM

183 posts, read 196,877 times
Quote:
Coldest temps ever recorded in Chicago:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01...-in-chicago-2/

Global cooling? Maybe all the pollution is blocking out the Sun and eating up the ozone layer.

That's a misunderstanding of climate versus weather. The changing climate is destabilizing weather patterns across the globe, which directly leads to an increase in extreme weather of all types, polar vortex included. More concerning, is the damage being caused to ecosystems worldwide. Sampling of insect populations across the planet, but most notably in Puerto Rico and Germany have declined precipitously over the past three decades. Plummeting by 70-80% during that period. My concern is that all of this silly back and forth arguing over demonstrated scientific fact is already decades too late, and we are going to see a total ecosystem collapse over the next few hundred years.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...nderstand-why/

Old 01-31-2019, 07:13 AM

194 posts, read 191,108 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland