Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,764,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
But dont you see, this right here is an example of why people have such a poor vision of Texas.

Arrogance at its finest.
How am I arrogant??????????????

2,023 posts, read 4,188,234 times
Quote:
But dont you see, this right here is an example of why people have such a poor vision of Texas.

Arrogance at its finest.
Ah, we're better than all of them anyway. JK! JK!

1,854 posts, read 4,922,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
As many people on this thread (and in real life) have stated that Texas has a bad reputation on the West Coast, and yet so many people from California are flooding into Houston? What gives? Do they just have no where else to go or are there also a lot of Californians who like Texas?
I'd say 80% of the reason is the economy. Texas = jobs and low cost of living.

The other 20% is people thinking that Dallas and Houston will allow them an escape from sprawl, crowds, claustrophobia, smog, traffic, etc.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:59 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Yes because everyone in Texas has a gun and big belt buckle at all times and we all have a picture of George Bush hanging on they're mantle. I know your just stating the stereotype, but I think it's funny that so many people perceive a state of 25 million people to be just like this. It's like saying everyone from California is a surfer or everyone from New Jersey is a Guido.
whoa wait...they're not?

Old 01-13-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
whoa wait...they're not?
haha! I think this is why New Jersey people hate the show Jersey Shore. If it wasn't before, that's become the official stereotype of New Jersey.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Many people on this thread (and in real life) have stated that Texas has a bad reputation on the West Coast, and yet so many people from California are flooding into Houston? What gives? Do they just have no where else to go or are there also a lot of Californians who like Texas?
Actually I think they are going to get a better deal on housing-that to me is reason number 1. If their bungalow in the ghetto of LA is equivalent to a sprawling mini-mansion in Sugar Land with change left over for a few cars and some money in the bank, can you blame them for wanting to move?

I certainly don't.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Actually I think they are going to get a better deal on housing-that to me is reason number 1. If their bungalow in the ghetto of LA is equivalent to a sprawling mini-mansion in Sugar Land with change left over for a few cars and some money in the bank, can you blame them for wanting to move?

I certainly don't.
wow is the LA real estate that bad? The massive Sugarland houses don't come cheep so I couldn't image a ghetto bungalow in LA costing that much. I guess that would be a good motivation to choose Houston over LA.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:

Arrogance at its finest.
Either way, Texans will still be depicted as arrogant and backwards. There is really no way to change the mind of someone who has been brainwashed to the point of hopelessness.

If people have actually been to Texas and took the time to talk to Texans; the pride and Bush BS goes out the window. Those stereotypes are really only played out by the older Texans.

It's sad we are one of the most progressive states in the country, but yet we are judged and criticized because of Bush. Presidents like Lyndon B. Johnson are usually ignored because no one ever likes to speak on the positives and the good that Texas has done. Everything great we've done is consistently shot down.

It's best just to ignore ignorance.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:20 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
I think your right I dont think anyone doesnt like the cities Its the Texas forumers on city data that they dont like.....
I could say the same about Atlanta, New York, LA, and other posters. Lets not all point fingers at Texans; others on here are suffering from the same superiority complex that you and others accuse Texans of.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's sad we are one of the most progressive states in the country, but yet we are judged and criticized because of Bush. Presidents like Lyndon B. Johnson are usually ignored because no one ever likes to speak on the positives and the good that Texas has done. Everything great we've done is consistently shot down.
That's why. Texas constantly poses as threat to other areas that are growing and has proven that it can hang in there with the greatest of the great. As long as Texas as seen as competition they will always find a reason to bring it back down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City