Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which "big" city in the Southeast is the friendliest?
Atlanta, GA 25 32.89%
Orlando, FL 2 2.63%
Raleigh-Durham, NC 13 17.11%
Mobile, AL 14 18.42%
Miami, FL 6 7.89%
Charlotte, NC 16 21.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:59 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
^^^LOL. OK! I'm not going to argue anymore as people who actually live here disagree with you completely, but keep on believing that!
It's my experiences in Orlando, and MY opinion. You living there doesn't mean anything to me as far as what I've seen and what I know of the city. Okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
No city in 2009 is culturally as southern as it once was. People associate progress, wealth, and diversity with the South. But anyway...

I wasn't trying to rag on you or anything...sorry if it came across that way.
No not at all. I'm just saying, for example, ATL is progressive, diverse, wealthy, so on and so forth, but you can STILL see the Southern culture in a GOOD portion of it's population and monuments. Same can't be said for Orlando(there are exceptions). I'm not mad. I know it's all good-hearted.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,572,931 times
Orlando before the advent of Mickey Mouse was a beautiful sleepy southern crossroad town with its lakes and orange groves.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:17 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Orlando before the advent of Mickey Mouse was a beautiful sleepy southern crossroad town with its lakes and orange groves.

Yeah, it was.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
It's my experiences in Orlando, and MY opinion. You living there doesn't mean anything to me as far as what I've seen and what I know of the city. Okay?
First it's "my opinion." Then you say a few threads later that (emphatically), "Orlando IS Southern." Now it's back to your opinion again. I think we have ran this Orlando is/isnt Southern thing into the ground now. But anyhow, this thread is about how friendly the cities are, and Orlando is tied with Miami for last place.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
First it's "my opinion." Then you say a few threads later that (emphatically), "Orlando IS Southern." Now it's back to your opinion again. I think we have ran this Orlando is/isnt Southern thing into the ground now. But anyhow, this thread is about how friendly the cities are, and Orlando is tied with Miami for last place.
For future reference, anything that I post without clarifying or citing a reference is my opinion - whether I state it as such or not. Who else's opinion would it be?

So? Orlando isn't very friendly...that doesn't make it less southern. Friendliness isn't limited to the South. Being in last place in a friendliness contest is nothing to be proud of.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:28 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,615,189 times
Atlanta

Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 AM

[quote=DeaconJ;11527972]For future reference, anything that I post without clarifying or citing a reference is my opinion - whether I state it as such or not. Who else's opinion would it be? It's your opinion, so I guess there's no reason for you to say it either, huh?

So? Orlando isn't very friendly...that doesn't make it less southern. Orlando isnt southern. Friendliness isn't limited to the South. Of course not. Never said it was. Being in last place in a friendliness contest is nothing to be proud of. This is true. I knew before I started the poll that Orlando and Miami would be in last place.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 AM

23,450 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was.
Not to mention one of the most beautiful small cities I had ever seen. I would credit the profusion of lakes and large, moss-laden oaks to large degree.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:44 PM

[quote=ComSense;11533803]
Quote:
For future reference, anything that I post without clarifying or citing a reference is my opinion - whether I state it as such or not. Who else's opinion would it be? It's your opinion, so I guess there's no reason for you to say it either, huh?

So? Orlando isn't very friendly...that doesn't make it less southern. Orlando isnt southern. Friendliness isn't limited to the South. Of course not. Never said it was. Being in last place in a friendliness contest is nothing to be proud of. This is true. I knew before I started the poll that Orlando and Miami would be in last place.
What? That doesn't even make sense. Why are you trying to argue with me? Because I'm saying your city is southern? Good Lord, it's not a criticism...but it's obvious that you take it that way. How different of you. Once again...IN MY OPINION (which may differ from yours)...Orlando is very southern.

Congratulations! Miami and Orlando are in last place. I guess you "win".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City