Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City Do You Prefer?
San Francisco. 264 55.81%
Philadelphia. 158 33.40%
Too close to call. 38 8.03%
I don't like either city. 13 2.75%
Voters: 473. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:28 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Even still-40 is more than ZERO.

Or is math different where you live?
LMAO

Quote:
And being crowded makes Philadelphia struggle to stand out and is constantly seen as being in NYs shadow-literally. Either that or DCs neighbor.

Basically Philadelphia is like Jan Brady. Blessed to be in a big family, but rarely gets attention.

San Francisco on the other hand has a sphere of influence that goes 300 miles south, 400 miles north and about 600 miles east. From that vantage point, its not shocking that SF should be so world famous.
Ouch! Jan Brady?! Lol that was brutal, but honest. I agree with all you have said here.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:31 PM

672 posts, read 1,788,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
You guys are like broken records, we all know your views, now stop hijacking the thread.
There's no hijacking being demonstrated here.

This poll has been and continues to be won by SF since page 1, despite the 3:1 - East coast:West coast ratio on these boards.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
The Bay Area is like one giant city. I live in the East Bay (15min south of Oakland), go to school at San Jose State in the South Bay (40min drive), and drive across the Bay to work in Palo Alto (Mid Pennisula). Then when I want to go out to the bars I drive into SF (about 35min away). I don't think people understand how connected the Bay Area is...all the areas are the same. Like I said it's like one giant city. New York and Philly are two very different cities, you can group SF,Oakland,SJ into one category so it's kinda crazy when people say The Bay Area has different metro areas.
This is exactly the way I have always looked at it. Not all sides are necessarily my neighborhood, but it is all part of my stomping grounds and familiar territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
Frisco we could argue about but I am 100% when I say NO ONE. I think my fellow Bay Area natives can back me up on this one lol.
I do! Not one native I have EVER known in my life has EVER called it San Fran.

Quote:
Frisco is what people in the hood call it. San Fran I've never ever heard a local call it. Only out of towners. Its annoying.
Agreed, and it is supremely annoying.

Quote:
Oh look, another East Coaster wants to try and tell us how things are where we live. How unexpected.

I'd bet money that place was opened up by a transplant.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexer View Post
San Francisco is a million times more sophisticated than Philly. It should win, hands down.
I concur!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:40 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
I mean really. Your delusion escalates with each new post.

No, there is not more integration between New York and Philadelphia than there is between San Francisco and San Jose--listen to yourself "The distance of Philly to NYC at its shortest point is about 68 miles".

68 Miles is still greater than Zero Miles. Zero Miles is The distance btwn the SF Urbanized Area and the San Jose Urbanized Area.

They totally and completely overlap and you cant tell by your surroundings that youve left one and entered the other.

NY is a different world from Philadelphia altogether.
I agree but NYC and Philly are only 45 miles apart at there closest points and their metros border, I've even seen some sources list them as one metro with over 30 million people.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 PM

672 posts, read 1,788,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I agree but NYC and Philly are only 45 miles apart at there closest points and their metros border, I've even seen some sources list them as one metro with over 30 million people.
Then isn't it a credit to Philadelphia that despite a mega-metro right at its own metro borders, it continues to have its own identity?

I think it is. But it doesn't make it right to detract from SF/SJ (Bay Area's) reality that it's 1 metro which is what a lot of people are trying to do, especially when there's no evidence but a flawed MSA determination by the census bureau, which is probably going to be fixed in the future at some point I predict.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
two are great cities, but my goes to Philadelphia. I do not know why people would vote for SF but yeah Philly wins this one.
Because its better. SF for the win!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:51 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
Then isn't it a credit to Philadelphia that despite a mega-metro right at its own metro borders, it continues to have its own identity?

I think it is. But it doesn't make it right to detract from the SF/SJ (Bay Area) reality that it's 1 metro which is what a lot of people are trying to do.
I agree, the Bay Area was always one metro to me .

Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
You guys are like broken records, we all know your views, now stop hijacking the thread.
You mean in the way that you're making quality additions to the discussion? Gems such as these:

Quote:
I choose Philadelphia however because I prefer to live in the Northeast and within close proximity to other major cities.
Quote:
This thread has become a joke. I still know Philly is the best and thats why I choose to live in the region.
Quote:
Stop all the argueing, I still prefer Philly and it gets my vote. East Coast Baby!!!!
Because we didn't hear your views the first time? You seem to know all about being a broken record. Take a look at yourself before you talk next time.

YouTube - ice cube - Check Yo Self (Remix) - Greatest Hits

Old 08-28-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
There's no hijacking being demonstrated here.

This poll has been and continues to be won by SF since page 1, despite the 3:1 - East coast:West coast ratio on these boards.
Impressive huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City