Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jersey City VS New Orleans
Jersey City 51 48.11%
New Orleans 55 51.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:28 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,098,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
We've had this discussion before. It's all in your head, because when you're in Jersey City, you are aware of the fact that you're in another state. Fact is, Jersey City has more of a NYC feel than MANY (most?) parts of Queens, especially the more suburban spots. What about Howard Beach makes you feel like you're in NYC...or ANY city for that matter? It's the burbs. Where in Staten Island does one feel like they're in any city, let alone NYC? At least in Jersey City you feel like you're in a city. This is because it's closer to manhattan than the outer stretches of the boroughs. Urbanization spreads out...the further you are from a city's center, or "downtown", the more suburbanized it gets. Jersey City is not "trying" to be anything it's not. But it has a very brownstoney, NYC look to it. Quite frankly, it looks very much like the more historic parts of Brooklyn.

I think you are exemplifying the NY attitude. This is why many of us can't stand you guys. You honestly and truly think the world revolves around you.

And the Bronx? Please. At the very least, I can say that my neighborhood in JERSEY CITY is much more desirable from a real estate perspective than your neighborhood is. But, you're in the REAL NYC, so...
I knew it was coming. I dont live in the ghetto if thats what your implying i live in a nice gated community. And i'll take the good parts of the bronx trillion times over jersey city. Come see riverdale if you think that, pelham, country club etc. Jersey City is a wannabe new york, full of wannabe new yorkers. Yes im in the real new york and my borough is better and more famous than your city. What is jersey city known for? The only reason ya breathe is because of nyc and you gonna sit here and compare it to a city that holds its own on its own. ...CK outta here

Jersey city does not have more of a new york feel than any borough or any part of a borough, thats the thing ya cant get across ya heads. New york is new york. If your in a suburb in queens or brooklyn, its still new york because its filled with real new yorkers. U going to sit here and say jersey city is more new york than bensonhurst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 07:33 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,321,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.o.n.y View Post
i knew it was coming. I dont live in the ghetto if thats what your implying i live in a nice gated community. And i'll take the good parts of the bronx trillion times over jersey city. Come see riverdale if you think that, pelham, country club etc. Jersey city is a wannabe new york, full of wannabe new yorkers. Yes im in the real new york and my borough is better and more famous than your city. What is jersey city known for? The only reason ya breathe is because of nyc and you gonna sit here and compare it to a city that holds its own on its own. ...ck outta here

jersey city does not have more of a new york feel than any borough or any part of a borough, thats the thing ya cant get across ya heads. New york is new york. If your in a suburb in queens or brooklyn, its still new york because its filled with real new yorkers. U going to sit here and say jersey city is more new york than bensonhurst
dam!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:44 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,853,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I knew it was coming. I dont live in the ghetto if thats what your implying i live in a nice gated community. And i'll take the good parts of the bronx trillion times over jersey city. Come see riverdale if you think that, pelham, country club etc. Jersey City is a wannabe new york, full of wannabe new yorkers. Yes im in the real new york and my borough is better and more famous than your city. What is jersey city known for? The only reason ya breathe is because of nyc and you gonna sit here and compare it to a city that holds its own on its own. ...CK outta here

Jersey city does not have more of a new york feel than any borough or any part of a borough, thats the thing ya cant get across ya heads. New york is new york. If your in a suburb in queens or brooklyn, its still new york because its filled with real new yorkers. U going to sit here and say jersey city is more new york than bensonhurst
I agree with alot of what you say, but why so angry?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:47 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,830,420 times
Quote:

Jersey city is wanna be NYers?
To your point of your ignorant view maybe. JC is so close to NYC. Just because it has one of the best skyline of its size, and many people have accents, and the older architecture is similar to Nyc makes them wannabes? I don't get how anything decent the Jersey side has NY brings it down in any way shape or form, and its pathetic. JC is its own, it's a friggen hop over the river from NYC, what do you expect? It's own accent, no skyline, and no diversity?
your an idiot.
I'm pretty sure the people born and raised in Jersey City say they're from JC and are fine and dandy with it. It gives them more of a character i think.. meaning, i'm sure everyone experienced meeting the overly proud NYer many many many times, it's nothing special if you havn't noticed.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Jersey city is wanna be NYers?
To your point of your ignorant view maybe. JC is so close to NYC. Just because it has one of the best skyline of its size, and many people have accents, and the older architecture is similar to Nyc makes them wannabes? I don't get how anything decent the Jersey side has NY brings it down in any way shape or form, and its pathetic. JC is its own, it's a friggen hop over the river from NYC, what do you expect? It's own accent, no skyline, and no diversity?
your an idiot.
I'm pretty sure the people born and raised in Jersey City say they're from JC and are fine and dandy with it. It gives them more of a character i think.. meaning, i'm sure everyone experienced meeting the overly proud NYer many many many time, it's nothing special if you havn't noticed.
im not even talking about that. This argument proves my point enough. Dont they have some kinds sign in JC calling it the "sixth borough" lmao. proof is in the pudding

And to LAmexican the reason i got heated because he tried to disrespect the bronx. Dont dis an actual part of nyc, i dont care if its staten island. When you sitting here "looking like half of a wannabe new yorker"

Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,830,420 times
Quote:
im not even talking about that. This argument proves my point enough. Dont they have some kinds sign in JC calling it the "sixth borough" lmao. proof is in the pudding

And to LAmexican the reason i got heated because he tried to disrespect the bronx
your not making sense, just quit
The 6th borough in the sense of similarity.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:

And to LAmexican the reason i got heated because he tried to disrespect the bronx
Then I'm with you..I love the Bronx.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:00 PM

37,236 posts, read 39,519,313 times
Quote:
the bronx was also apart of new york county so what are you saying? I understand manhattan is the main attraction, i dont feel sour about it as it is in my city. But the other boroughs have venues that are world class and visited by millions from around the world aswell.
What are some world class venues in Staten Island and Queens? I'm not picking on them--I'm just curious. I like Flushing Meadows Park, Old Richmondtown, and I think a lot of the houses in St. George are gorgeous, but I haven't seen too much in terms of world class venues in either borough. The Bronx and Brooklyn are pretty awesome though.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 PM

Queens- mets baseball, museums, corona park host of world fairs, jamaica ave, home to alot of cultural resturantes annd entertainment. Most diverse county in america. Home of the US open

Old 06-04-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
What are some world class venues in Staten Island and Queens? I'm not picking on them--I'm just curious. I like Flushing Meadows Park, Old Richmondtown, and I think a lot of the houses in St. George are gorgeous, but I haven't seen too much in terms of world class venues in either borough. The Bronx and Brooklyn are pretty awesome though.
Queens is the most diverse county in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City