Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem22 View Post
I live in Chicago..
and i was wondering what is the difference between Chicago and NY?
Is it safer,cleaner,lower crime rate

The reason i ask is because im looking to make a move from Chicago to Ny hopefully.
New York would be much better, Chicago is dangerous..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 PM

197 posts, read 181,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
dementor-- again...

wtf are you talking about? Defeat at what? I honestly have no idea what you are referencing? The only clear and crystal point I can take away from your posts is that you are unambiguously an idiot. Here's some advice for you...quit addressing me and I'll quit calling you out. How does that sound?
That's what I mean, you can't even take defeat like a man.
Typical Chicago "tough guy"....

Old 08-27-2009, 10:28 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Take2 and Osito are the same poster.

Way to congratulate yourself genius.

Guess its boring out there as a young adult in the burbs.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 PM

398 posts, read 1,040,266 times
I guess you're out of arguments, Gtownoe??

Check the IPs.

Maybe it's you who are posting under different names? I can't imagine there are too many people who would claim the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is in Chicago.

You have no argument, so claim that everyone who doesn't buy your crap must all be the same poster!

Face it, the Fly-Over-Middle cannot compete with NYC. Chicago is a decent city, but cannot be compared with first-tier global cities.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Take2 and Osito are the same poster.

Way to congratulate yourself genius.

Guess its boring out there as a young adult in the burbs.
Yes, all the people who don't care for Chicago are one and the same person, most media are biased against Chicago and American cultural elites are either too stupid or intoixicated to see Chicago's supremacy. Denial is happiness, isn't it?

PS I am from Brooklyn, kid. For the past 400 years that's more urban than Chicago will ever be.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:11 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I think I speak for most Chicagoans and New Yorkers when I say that most of the time we're so engulfed in our city that we don't look for day or weekend trips to getaway.

If we want a vacation, we take one. Yea its convenient to have places nearby, but you can get to most of the country with a cheap plane ticket.

As far as actual cities, yes, thats what I want to discuss.

New York is more affluent, more artsy, and more urban. Now lets get to how these cities are different and why you feel that NYC is better than Chicago for YOU and vice versa.
I'd agree with this... when I want a vacation or weekend getaway...I pay 2 bucks, get on the blue line to ohare and fly to california/fl/mexico/vegas/wherever... but most of the time in Chicago, or if I was in NYC, I wouldn't be leaving on the weekend to get away unless it is middle of winter...
personally for outdoor stuff I prefer west coast stuff, the east coast and the midwest can't really compare... I'd rather just fly jetblue to oakland rent a car and go to yosemite/redwoods/etc or denver and the same than bother with the stuff over here. If I want to beach, I wouldn't bother going to beaches in Chicago or NYC... I'd fly into miami or mexico... weekend partying, vegas from both locations.

Last edited by grapico; 08-28-2009 at 03:19 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I'd agree with this... when I want a vacation or weekend getaway...I pay 2 bucks, get on the blue line to ohare and fly to california/fl/mexico/vegas/wherever... but most of the time in Chicago, or if I was in NYC, I wouldn't be leaving on the weekend to get away unless it is middle of winter...
Why waste a few hours of your time in the airport and on the plane if you can drive to places like Long Island or Jersey Shore, Poconos, Catskills, Atlantic City in less time than it takes to fly there from O'Hare? Vacations are vacations but weekend getaways offer great leisure inbetween. Not to mention that to take a family of four to Cancun you are looking at considerable amount of money just for plane tickets alone... You are only saying this cause there is nowhere to drive from Chicago...

Last edited by take2; 08-28-2009 at 03:34 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM

787 posts, read 1,696,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
Why waste a few hours of your time in the airport and on the plane if you can drive to places like Long Island or Jersey Shore, Poconos, Catskills, Atlantic City in less time than it takes to fly there from O'Hare? Vacations are vacations but weekend getaways offer great leisure inbetween. Not to mention that to take a family of four to Cancun you are looking at considerable amount of money just for plane tickets alone... You are only saying this cause there is nowhere to drive from Chicago...

Yet people from Chicago drive all the time to a variety of places, just like (gasp) anywhere else. How could 9 million + people have nowhere to vacation?

Do you even sound logical?

Let me answer that for you...no, you don't.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakal View Post
Yet people from Chicago drive all the time to a variety of places, just like (gasp) anywhere else. How could 9 million + people have nowhere to vacation?

Do you even sound logical?

Let me answer that for you...no, you don't.
LOL, What's the point of talking to you if you ask and then asnwer your own questions. Most people do not externalize their inner dialogue, though. LOL

Old 08-28-2009, 05:46 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
Because Long Island or the Jersey Shore is not Miami. Because Atlantic City is not Las Vegas. It is not expensive at all for a round-trip flight to these places (even for a weekend).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City