Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 PM

197 posts, read 181,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
People who would rather live in a great neighborhood of a true city, rather than the burb's
Actually I agree. But living in a suburb of a real city while connected 24/7 to the city, is much better than living in a middle of a mediocre city.
That explains why median price of house in White Plains is $800,000. Higher than in most Chicago nabs.

Last edited by take2; 08-27-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,628,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
You've been beaten like arented mule, buddy. Nice job, Osito.
wtf? Are you serious? I simply said I should lighten up on my comments about White Plains assessment. You are an odd one euros1.

And dementor... about the rented mule comment. pot.kettle.black. every single time I respond to you. You should know when to leave well-enough alone.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,746 times
These NYC posts are too childish to respond to anymore. I'm sorry I let myself be drawn in to begin with. Done.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
wtf? Are you serious? I simply said I should lighten up on my comments about White Plains assessment. You are an odd one euros1.

And dementor... about the rented mule comment. pot.kettle.black. every single time I respond to you. You should know when to leave well-enough alone.

Cupcake, you've been beaten and you know it. Don't play Blago and take it like a man

Old 08-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Cupcake, you've been beaten and you know it. Don't play Blago and take it like a man

You're a ****in' joke. And this Osito character is not much better -- with every single comment a lame, condescending, disparaging flame. Are you Osito too?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
You're a ****in' joke. And this Osito character is not much better -- with every single comment a lame, condescending, disparaging flame. Are you Osito too?
Hard to take the truth? Do you think the fact that the rich and famous ignore Chicago or that the media does it even to a larger extent is coincidental? Chicago is what it is, largely a local wonder with substandard infrastructure and second rate culture. Pretty much another boring yet overgrown Midwestern town.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Hard to take the truth? Do you think the fact that the rich and famous ignore Chicago or that the media does it even to a larger extent is coincidental? Chicago is what it is, largely a local wonder with substandard infrastructure and second rate culture. Pretty much another boring yet overgrown Midwestern town.
Do you ever have anything intelligent, worthwhile or mildy relevant to say? Even by mistake? You keep repeating the same ridiculous comments over and over and over. Does repeating the same things offer you comfort and self-assurance? Not even sure why I am wasting my time other than it's mindless fun to knock you around a bit. I do admire your tenacity (in small doses) but you are the definition of a one trick pony dementor... or, should I say "mule."

Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Do you ever have anything intelligent, worthwhile or mildy relevant to say? Even by mistake? You keep repeating the same ridiculous comments over and over and over. Does repeating the same things offer you comfort and self-assurance? Not even sure why I am wasting my time other than it's mindless fun to knock you around a bit. I do admire your tenacity (in small doses) but you are the definition of a one trick pony dementor... or, should I say "mule."

You trying to cover up your defeat by spewing more personal attacks. Very typical. I guess being bread to believe Chicago is the center of the universe and the source of all things urban makes it hard to comprehend that the world may see this city differently. Chicago for me it's a bizarro-world New York: pretentious, boring and uninspiring. Am I supposed to tell you that Chicago is a great city while nothing ever works here? Most initiatives by the corrupt local government are doomed at their inception (see the recent parking meter fiasco) yet the resigned constituents vote for the same people over and over again. The sad part is that Chicago is the third largest city in the largest economy in the world yet areas like public safety or government transparency are truly worthy of a third world country. Very sad and no number of insults is going to change that.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:19 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
You trying to cover up your defeat by spewing more personal attacks. Very typical.
What are you complaining about?

You've been banned at least three times already for the same reasons.

And who is this Osito character you made up?

Jeeze, it's like a virus taking over the board.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
You trying to cover up your defeat by spewing more personal attacks. Very typical. I guess being bread to believe Chicago is the center of the universe and the source of all things urban makes it hard to comprehend that the world may see this city differently. Chicago for me it's a bizarro-world New York: pretentious, boring and uninspiring. Am I supposed to tell you that Chicago is a great city while nothing ever works here? Most initiatives by the corrupt local government are doomed at their inception (see the recent parking meter fiasco) yet the resigned constituents vote for the same people over and over again. The sad part is that Chicago is the third largest city in the largest economy in the world yet areas like public safety or government transparency are truly worthy of a third world country. Very sad and no number of insults is going to change that.
dementor-- again...

wtf are you talking about? Defeat at what? I honestly have no idea what you are referencing? The only clear and crystal point I can take away from your posts is that you are unambiguously an idiot. Here's some advice for you...quit addressing me and I'll quit calling you out. How does that sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City