Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 12:03 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,935,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yes; Canada has some very beautiful women. I know this one girl from Vancouver or Calgary [one of them] and GOD DAMN!

She calls me creepy because I'm always complimenting her.
Canada has some dimes. I thought I was the only one that noticed this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
This just shows how information can be so misunderstood. If your talking about the inordinate % of murder victims in TO being young black men you are drawing the wrong conclusions about that. It's like I said before an immigrant problem mostly. Some of the Jamacian immigrants bring the gang culture here to this country. It creates a lot of problems for them and everyone else. It's not that they are black at all but gang members. We have the exact same problem on the west coast with Asian gangs. It's not because they are Asians that they are getting killed it's because they are gang members.
As I said before, things are not that bad but there are issues and the situation is far from perfect.

Toronto's 1st Africentric school set to open - Toronto - CBC News

Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 PM

92 posts, read 155,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Fot the most part the problems that black folks have in Canada are immigrant related. Just about all immigrant cultures have some problems fitting in for the first generation or so. I'm well aware of race problems of the past but thank God we are mostly past that now.
I love it when pompous white Canadians try to shovel their crime issues on the immigrant, especially the Jamaican community.

The majority of these young men who are gunned down in Toronto are either Canadian born to immigrant parents or moved to Toronto when they were young and probably could not even tell you where they are exactly from in Jamaica. These black kids learnt how to be gangsta's not in Jamaica but in their crime riddled poverty stricken neighborhoods in Toronto. Did they learn this on their family vacation to yard for 2 weeks a year? NO. So do not bring your bigotry here.

Toronto is not a suitable place for black people to prosper. 1/3rd of all blacks in Toronto live in poverty, 89% of the gun victims last year were black, black children also possess the largest performance gap of any race in 3rd and 6th grade studies in Math, English and Science.

The US despite its well documented racial issues is home the the most prosperous black population in the world. Check the numbers; blacks in the US out-earn their counterparts in Canada by a wide margin. But of course people like you like to put your head in the sand and deny any issues.

And in conclusion if your grandchildren are not aware of what race they are then you need to educate them on their history better. I would never allow my child/grandchild to go through life without any knowledge of self.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:02 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,863,820 times
Wow, are lists like these still being produced???

Old 03-18-2011, 02:41 PM

355 posts, read 911,570 times
Are the black people who are moving/migrating to different areas of the country upper/middle/lower class? Obviously with previous great migrations the people were coming from poor farming areas to dense cities and trying to make it from there (similar to the path of immigrants). Now are the people who are moving generally higher up socially. Seems that most poor folks tend to stay where there at?

Also how did Indianapolis make the top of a list earlier and not this one.

Edit, I see now It was a list for how diverse the city was not how successful one could be.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:22 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,154,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Wow, are lists like these still being produced???
Apparently so.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:38 PM

358 posts, read 1,056,726 times
I don't get it. I think Western Washington would be a great place to raise African American families. Sure, the other areas have larger populations of African Americans, both in percentage and in numbers; however, many of those areas on that list, I've read over the years including on city-data, still has a lot of racism. Racism is very minimal in Western Washington.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:22 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,151 times
L
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorjason View Post
I don't get it. I think Western Washington would be a great place to raise African American families. Sure, the other areas have larger populations of African Americans, both in percentage and in numbers; however, many of those areas on that list, I've read over the years including on city-data, still has a lot of racism. Racism is very minimal in Western Washington.
Are you talking about Wahington State? because there's no such thing as a western Washington in Washington DC. there's a section of the City thats called (NW North West) Washington, but not just Western. maybe thats why you dont get it.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM

358 posts, read 1,056,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
LAre you talking about Wahington State? because there's no such thing as a western Washington in Washington DC. there's a section of the City thats called (NW North West) Washington, but not just Western. maybe thats why you dont get it.
Yes, Washington State.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorjason View Post
Yes, Washington State.
Ohh okay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City