Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 AM

3 posts, read 59,664 times

Advertisements

I AM RE-OPENING THIS SUBJECT BECAUSE IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THE LAST THREAD (under this subject) HAD SEVERAL IRRELEVANT/UN-EDUCATED, BIASED POSTINGS FROM PEOPLE WHO OBVIOUSLY HAD NOT DONE MUCH TRAVELING! To make a fair analysis, one must combine personal-first-hand-experience with stats, and a SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME SPENT in areas which are included in the discussion.

I am seeking more EDUCATED/Well-informed black men (like myself) to join this forum! I am not here to insult anyone. Maybe you can correct me in some areas as well. I am very open-minded.

I am a young Professional Black Male (29) , born and raised in a Predominately Black Major City (which I chose not to mention). I’ve spent several years traveling the country, and the world (in the Military and school) and living in different cities from 90 day to 1year increments. I am (once again ) getting ready to relocate.

MY REASON FOR OPENING THIS SUBJECT: I am getting ready to move to a certain area and I am afraid that there may not be many attractive Single Black Females!

FIRST THINGS FIRST:

Although I currently live up North, I have to admit that there is not much comparison to the South. When I say South, I am referring to Urban MSA’s, ex:

Houston
Dallas
Atlanta
New Orleans
Charlotte

(you get the picture).

1. I've spent a lot of time in the Mid-West, up North, California, on the East Coast, The South-West, The Mid-West, and the Mid & South East.

I know that many people like to refer to stats alone, just for the sake of "winning a stupid debate" but I can only go based on Experience, stats, A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME SPENT IN SELECT AREA, and Personal Observation combined.

*For those of you who haven't spent a significant amount of time in each place, you really have no grounds for argument!

***OBESITY: If you think that this is mainly in the South, you are very Naive, and need to wake up. It's in the black community PERIOD! Stop reading Biased stats and Educate Yourself! The only reason that More Obesity was found in the South because the South has MORE BLACKS, PERIOD!!! They also included the large number of Blacks living in RURAL Areas, getting NO exercise!

REMEMBER, WE SHOULD BE DISCUSSING CITIES!!! Those Obesity studies of the South have included RURAL Areas. WE ARE TALKING CITIES, CITIES, CITIES!!! The word "CITY" is defined as an URBAN SOCIETY.

I will say this:

For generally nice-looking and more professional (independent) Black women:

NYC-North Jersey Area,
Chicago,
Baltimore-D.C. Area,
Atlanta,
Philly-South Jersey Area,
(not even a competition).
CA Bay Area (Although, not predominately Black
L.A. (Although, not predominately black)

Now, if you're talking about Simply beautiful black Women. I gotta say this: Having THEIR OWN beautiful LONG HAIR (not purchased), Coke Bottle shapes, Naturally SMOOTH SKIN (not made-up), Larger variety of skin Complexions, PEARLY WHITE TEETH (without crest-whitening strips), Feminine in Nature. This list is based on Time spent and PERSONAL OBSERVATION:

THE SIMPLY/NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMEN LIST:
URBAN AREAS, ONLY!!!

*Houston Area (SIMPLY at the top, although it’s not a predominately black city) Because of it’s HUGE SIZE and HUGE black POPULATION (America’s 4th Largest City), There are nearly a Million Blacks in this area! It’s hard to find an Un-Attractive black woman in Houston!
*Detroit (The only city in America with more than 80% Blacks)
*New Orleans-B.R.-South East Louisiana Area (This combined Area is 70% African American and the over-all population is more than 2 million with more than a million Blacks.
*Atlanta (again)
*Dallas-Ft.Worth Area
*HAMPTON ROADS AREA (VA)
*Charlotte
*Jackson, MS
*Baltimore (again)
*(BORDER-LINE) Oakland

I can't believe no one (in the previous forum) has thought to mention Jackson, MS. I've spent time in school there and that (mid-size small) city is raining with beautiful black women with Natural Smooth Skin (not made up), THEIR OWN LONG HAIR (not purchased), straight WHITE TEETH (without the help of Crest Whitening strips) and coke bottle shapes but you've had to have traveled to know this. If you don't leave your region and depend on STATS ALONE (Which are sometimes biased and published by young (in-experienced) college students (trying to impress their professors) , you shouldn't be in this forum!

LET’S HAVE SOME EDUCATED FUN WITH THIS ONE!!!

I am waiting for someone to mention or place special emphasis on a "certain area" because I'm a little nervous about going there!!!

PLEASE JOIN IN!!!

Last edited by Evangelistgreen; 08-10-2009 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: Grammar and choice of wording

Old 08-10-2009, 05:16 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times
Shreveport
Austin
Miami
San Antonio
St Louis

Old 08-10-2009, 06:09 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
From what I've seen:

- Atlanta
- NYC
- Los Angeles
- Seattle

Old 08-10-2009, 06:26 AM

815 posts, read 2,135,997 times
Atlanta
DC
Texas
Southern Cali

Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 AM

259 posts, read 454,531 times
ATL and the state of Texas are filled with obese sisters as is much of the deep south

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 06:46 AM..

Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 AM

355 posts, read 911,393 times
gotta have a nice a**, UR WELCOME

I'd say it depended on what ur looking for.

I'll state the cities I've been and spent time in

Chicago- This is a no brainer, very attractive proffessional women
Indy- my first GF was one of the most attractive black women I've seen and she was very professional. A few that I work with but unfortunatley it seems like in indy if a black women wants to succeed she has to "hide" or conceal some of her natural tendencies and try and fit in more.
Louisville- pretty hot women
Cleveland- not bad.

I'd say it really depends what you want, if you want a female making her own money and doing big things then you'll probably wanna look one place, if you want simply an attractive person and thats it youll be able to probably find someone anywhere.

Also good point about obesity very true from my experience

Old 08-10-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
ATL and the state of Texas are filled with obese sisters as is much of the deep south

HAHAHA, funny picture. But aren't you from NYC?? The black girls in NYC dont hold a candle to the black girls in Atlanta, Houston, or Dallas. Seriously bruh NYC isnt known for fine black women.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 AM

259 posts, read 454,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
HAHAHA, funny picture. But aren't you from NYC?? The black girls in NYC dont hold a candle to the black girls in Atlanta, Houston, or Dallas. Seriously bruh NYC isnt known for fine black women.
Sisters in Brooklyn ALONE crush the obese, poor feminine hygiene sisters in ATL. We dont even need to bring in the other boroughs. ATL doenst have the numbers to compete with NYC. Its a 2nd tier city.

There are far more Black people in NYC than ATL. Most of the sisters walk a lot hence the low rate of obesity which is an epidemic in the Black community all through the south.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
Sisters in Brooklyn ALONE crush the obese, poor feminine hygiene sisters in ATL. We dont even need to bring in the other boroughs. ATL doenst have the numbers to compete with NYC. Its a 2nd tier city.

There are far more Black people in NYC than ATL. Most of the sisters walk a lot hence the low rate of obesity which is an epidemic in the Black community all through the south.

Regardless of what teir Atlanta is on does not have anything to do with the caliber of black women in Atlanta compared to NYC. It seems you cats from NYC think that a women dressing nice means that she is fine, becuase thats all I saw in NYC, a bunch of well dressed, very average in the face to down right ugly black women. Once again NYC black females do not hold a candle to the black females in Atlanta. Just because a chick stays abreast of all the latest fashions and trends does not make her pretty. But you all seem to think different up there.

Last edited by youngMichaelJackson; 08-10-2009 at 07:41 AM..

Old 08-10-2009, 07:40 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Regardless of what teir Atlanta is on does not have anything to do with the caliber of women in Atlanta compared to NYC. It seems you cats from NYC think that a women dressing nice means that she is fine, becuase thats all I saw in NYC, a bunch of well dressed, very average in the face to down right ugly black women. Once again NYC black females do not hold a candle to the black females in Atlanta. Just because a chick stays abreast of all the latest fasions and trends does not make her pretty. But you all seem to think different up there.
I wouldn't bother arguing with him. He's trying to bait people. All you have to do is read his post and you can tell that he has no idea what he is talking about and is just throwing BS up against the wall to see what sticks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.