Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
1. El Centro, CA
2. Cleveland, OH
3. Detroit, MI
4. Las Vegas, NV
5. Oklahoma City, OK
6. Los Angeles, CA
7. Phoenix, AZ
8. Miami. FL
9. Newark, NJ
10. Memphis, TN

10 Worst Places to Live
How typical ... just more bashing of Cleveland! At least "some of us" actually realize just how tremendously beautiful and vital of a city that it
IS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
That author is an first class A$$ hole. "Where do we start with one of the worst cities in America" (Newark)- When will people open there eyes already, it's not 1996 anymore. It also says Newark is like Detroit... What the hell? Not even close! Newark is growing, it has a strong job market, and it's making strides Detroit is in desperate need of.
Someone has obviously never stepped a foot away from the Newark Airport if all it's mentioning in the article is Newark's industrial market.

And I will admit, the city can is a complete eyesore around the shipping ports- But of course- highways, the airport, and numerous trains/PATH lines go by the infamous industrial area for many to see, and for some, it's all they will see. It's not like anyone lives, shops, or dines there, it's where thousands are employed.

Los Angeles?!?!?!? OKAY - The list is definitely worthy of a flush down the toilet.

Last edited by BPerone201; 08-05-2010 at 08:21 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,610 times
I didn't read this, but usually OKC is on the worst places to live because of weather. Is that what this talked about?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,139,218 times
The author is simply an idiot, or rather simple-minded. Forget the fact that he obviously doesn't understand that the majority of Americans support Arizona's need to do something about the illegal immigration issue, and yes, it is the illegal immigration issue, not the immigration issue. He also obviously does not understand that Arizona is made up of people from all over the country both conservative and liberal, and while being a fiscally conservative state, it is actually pretty socially liberal here.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:58 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,748 times
El Centro is a desert town that is located about 115 miles or so east of San Diego close to the Arizona border.

LA has smog yes, but it is not the worst place to live. the positives far outweight the negatives. Why do you think the population is so high and keeps getting higher? Obviously people want to live there

Phoenix may be in the middle of the desert but it is a great town in my opinion and is not the worst. that is simply not true. This list sucks.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:07 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,892,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
El Centro is a desert town that is located about 115 miles or so east of San Diego close to the Arizona border.

LA has smog yes, but it is not the worst place to live. the positives far outweight the negatives. Why do you think the population is so high and keeps getting higher? Obviously people want to live there

Phoenix may be in the middle of the desert but it is a great town in my opinion and is not the worst. that is simply not true. This list sucks.
Oddly you like and agree with lists where they are rated high

Old 08-05-2010, 09:09 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,748 times
Are you a stalker? jk

Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,892,470 times
Quote:
Are you a stalker? jk

No, just bored, finished some work and watched the Phillies win another game

you were just the unlucky person i just read two posts in different threads from

carry on

Old 08-05-2010, 10:19 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,548,187 times
Quote:
Are you a stalker? jk
You added "jk." For a second I was thinking if a person were a stalker would they say yes? Well maybe, stalkers can be weird, but it struck me odd.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,913,974 times
I agree that the positives far outweigh the negatives for parts of the Los Angeles area. I dont think LA should have been on that list. But Los Angeles does have air and water pollution problems.

The other cities on the list, I agree with though for some of the most miserable/depressing places to live in the USA, but maybe not Miami.

This list is a good example that sunny+hot temperatures doesnt = happiness, such as with EL Centro, Phoenix, and Las Vegas. Sunny and warm weather can be nice but theres so much more to life than just that. El Centro, Yuma, Phoenix, and Las Vegas seem like very depressing places to me, even though I can like sunshine and warm temperatures. I feel like I get enough sunny and moderate/ warm temperatures where I live right now in Seattle/Pacific Northwest.

Arizona and Nevada are also ranked in the top 5 for most depressed, most suicidal, and most crime out of all states in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City