Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 11:52 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
^ I hope thats sarcasm lol.
See there you go hating on the Boise. Its a really nice city you know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 03:15 PM

245 posts, read 712,345 times
I take these rankings as seriously as I do those coin-op fortune telling machines. They're just for entertainment purposes. I live in LA and I am not gasping for air. A lot of big cities have these problems. LA is just unfortunate enough to be on top of the worst air pollutions list. Does this make much clinical difference if we compare the health of residents of LA vs. other major cities that are also in the 10 worst air pollution list? There may be slight differences, but certainly not enough to say it is the worst city to live in. Besides, when did air pollution become a factor in relocating? On the planet Earth, nothing is perfect and the author completely ignores other factors that makes a good city. I'm surprised this is the best he can do to put LA on the list.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:07 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
See there you go hating on the Boise. Its a really nice city you know
Lol, I'm sure it is nice .

Old 08-09-2010, 12:26 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,022 times
I'm looking at this list and actually wondering why Phoenix is on this list. I can understand the part about the foreclosures, but overall? And I did not know Phoenix air quality was that bad. I'm also wondering why Washington DC is not on this list. Sure, the historical and downtown areas are nice, but that's only a few sections of the city. Otherwise, DC is known for having a high amount of violent crime. And about Los Angeles, no I don't think it is bad enough to be on this list. Sure the air quality and traffic are issues to deal with but those factors alone shouldn't make a place one of the worst to live in.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 PM

11 posts, read 20,551 times
I grew up in El Centro and this list is totally ridiculous. It's not the most exciting little town, but to put a town with maybe 45,000 people on a list with metropolitan areas isn't even fair. The unemployment numbers have been grossly exaggerated - we are an agricultural area and workers come in from out of town to work during the farming seasons, and when they leave or when the season ends they unfairly count that as part of the unemployment. Everyone I know back home works. During the winter time El Centro has an influx of visitors who stay for the entire season to take in the amazing weather.

I'm so sick and tired of writers bashing El Centro when it's clear they have never visited and just copy and paste from other articles.

Is El Centro the greatest town ever? No. Does it have it's problems? Yes.

But is it the freaking worst place to live?? Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City