Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:08 PM

30 posts, read 85,766 times

Advertisements

I will be attending there this fall from WA and I really need opinions of which area and which apt complex are the best to live in.

Anywhere near
2540 Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH
would be great.

If it's within walking distance, it would even be better so I don't have to drive my car across from america.

thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 09:33 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
depends on what you are looking for. that is an easy part of cincinnati to live in without a car, so i don't think you'll have any problems there. at the higher end of the budget might be some of the new condos and apartments on calhoun (university park apartments). i always liked riddle road. it will be a longer (15 minute) walk, but there are nice pockets in there with a residential feel. there are also some new apartments on stratford (don't know what those are called). those are also nice. iirc there are some quiet streets southwest of campus, but i wouldn't recommend choosing anything there without getting a feel for the neighborhood first.

i think if you give use your budget and the vibe you are looking for we can be more help

Old 05-17-2010, 11:22 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,973,579 times
Id definately recommend leaving your car as there are plenty of options in the CLifton area where you could rent and then walk to class easily.

G Man

Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 PM

Thanks guys, can you let me know which cross roads you are talking about?

Also is it dangerous to walk around if I walk home at night?

I heard the campus is really unsafe.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM

64 posts, read 142,669 times
im bad with street names but rohs, chickasaw, stratford. right across the street from the business college is a decent area of apartments and stuff. riddle but dont go past riddle street market. the gaslight is the best area imo.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM

I also concerned if there are Bank of Americas, Starbucks, or grocery stores within walking distance?

Any freshdirect or pea-pod type of service in Cincy?

Old 05-17-2010, 08:02 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Clifton Gaslight is a fabulous area!

Old 05-17-2010, 08:46 PM

64 posts, read 142,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniofcincy View Post
I also concerned if there are Bank of Americas, Starbucks, or grocery stores within walking distance?

Any freshdirect or pea-pod type of service in Cincy?
there is a kroger and IGA grocery stores nearby. starbucks is on the campus. BW3s, chipotle, subway, jimmie johns, arbys, papa Ds, Potbelly sandwiches. there is banks. they also got greek food, gyros, penn staton, and some fast food on campus.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
im bad with street names but rohs, chickasaw, stratford. right across the street from the business college is a decent area of apartments and stuff. riddle but dont go past riddle street market. the gaslight is the best area imo.

Thanks! How far is gaslight from campus walking?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
there is a kroger and IGA grocery stores nearby. starbucks is on the campus. BW3s, chipotle, subway, jimmie johns, arbys, papa Ds, Potbelly sandwiches. there is banks. they also got greek food, gyros, penn staton, and some fast food on campus.

wow! is this all within walking distance?

I am just really lost right now as I am going there for grad school and security has been on my mind for the longest time ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati