Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:33 PM

610 posts, read 796,817 times

Advertisements

FYI... they have an official website now:

FC Cincinnati | USL Professional Soccer Team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 05:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
I just checked out their webpage and it looks good. I look forward to supporting FC Cincinnati.

Hopefully they can draw the numbers they need to be successful. Apparently Cincinnati has one of the highest school and club participation rates for soccer in the country.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:54 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,863,541 times
While the OP made an incorrect statement in saying that the USL is just one tier below the MLS (it is two tiers below. The NASL is one tier below), this is a huge announcement for Cincinnati sports. Soccer's popularity is increasing at a rapid rate in the US, particularly with 18-35 year old males, and with the area's growing hispanic population, there's no reason why this new club can't thrive for the long haul.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:32 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,547,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
While the OP made an incorrect statement in saying that the USL is just one tier below the MLS (it is two tiers below. The NASL is one tier below), this is a huge announcement for Cincinnati sports. Soccer's popularity is increasing at a rapid rate in the US, particularly with 18-35 year old males, and with the area's growing hispanic population, there's no reason why this new club can't thrive for the long haul.
My thoughts as well - soccer is becoming more and more popular with Americans who were previously rarely exposed to it, and with new residents from other countries/diverse backgrounds who follow soccer preferentially, this could do very well.

Seems like the Linders are a very good family for supporting athletic and Cincinnati issues, and its nice that they've done this in such a way that it should be good for all.

Not currently much of a soccer fan, but if the ticket prices are affordable, we may have to check it out.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:05 AM

I wanted to bring back this thread since FC Cincinnati have started playing preseason games.

First home game is April 9th at Nippert. I plan on being there. Single game tickets range from $5 (for students) to $25. Most of the club suites have sold out. They have sold over 4,200 season tickets which apparently is one of the highest in the league.

Article on sales: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...ium-sales.html

Tickets: Tickets | FC Cincinnati

Last edited by cincydave8; 03-16-2016 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-16-2016, 12:26 PM

236 posts, read 319,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
I wanted to bring back this thread since FC Cincinnati have started playing preseason games.

First home game is April 9th at Nippert. I plan on being there. Single game tickets range from $5 (for students) to $25. Most of the club suites have sold out. They have sold over 4,200 season tickets which apparently is one of the highest in the league.

Article on sales: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...ium-sales.html

Tickets: Tickets | FC Cincinnati

Hopefully they draw well. If the interest is there, the ownership seems committed to building a good team. 4,200 is pretty impressive for it only being the first season. If they can tack on another 2-3 thousand of walk ups they'll be positioning themselves well for MLS.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:28 PM

3,866 posts, read 3,142,994 times
I was just flipping through the TV channels and caught the tail end of the Cincy - Pitt game in High Definition broadcast. Pretty exciting game with a win for Cincy. Four Cincinnati Bengal players ( Pac-Man, Peko, Giovani Bernard, and Kevin Huber) were there on hand to serve as honorary captains for FC Cincinnati. It was announced that 23,375 people were at the game setting an attendance record.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:24 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
I was just flipping through the TV channels and caught the tail end of the Cincy - Pitt game in High Definition broadcast. Pretty exciting game with a win for Cincy. Four Cincinnati Bengal players ( Pac-Man, Peko, Giovani Bernard, and Kevin Huber) were there on hand to serve as honorary captains for FC Cincinnati. It was announced that 23,375 people were at the game setting an attendance record.
I was at the game with my wife and baby today. It was a really good time.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 AM

It's even more impressive when you look at MLS attendance this weekend. FCC beat out 8 of 9 MLS games in terms of attendance only Toronto had more people at 24,748.

Columbus only had 15,023 for their game.

If you haven't gone to a game you need to go. Lance McAlister and Paul Daughtry talk about it:
FC Cincinnati: There is something happening here | Lance McAlister | ESPN 1530
and
Doc: FC Cincy fan experience top notch

Old 05-16-2016, 07:26 AM

183 posts, read 196,980 times
I was at the game as well. It was absolutely brilliant! I'm a member of Die Innenstadt, one of the two supporter's groups. The reaction we get marching to the game from just random people on the street really shows how much soccer and this team in particular has captured the spirit of this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati