Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,582,113 times

Advertisements

What's going on in here? Are you guys really comparing a WRX to a Challenger?? They're two completely different cars that are marketed towards two completely different types of people. I really wonder how people can think stuff like this makes since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,967,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
My guess would be the uglier of the two.
You would be correct.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM

551 posts, read 1,121,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
What's going on in here? Are you guys really comparing a WRX to a Challenger?? They're two completely different cars that are marketed towards two completely different types of people. I really wonder how people can think stuff like this makes since.
thats what im saying

Old 05-30-2013, 05:21 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,967,633 times
Quote:
You ask how people think some stuff makes sense, and you don't even use the word "sense" in the right context. You're brilliant.

Also the point wasn't to specifically compare them, I just used the WRX as an example of a turbo 4 that outperforms an American muscle at its own game, straight line speed. Dodge dropped the ball, Ford did not.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,138,185 times
Oh geez. Comparing a Challenger to a WRX? I doubt these two are even cross shopped.

The WRX is a fantastic car, but its really the f-body of my generation given how many I see clapped out.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:13 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,582,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
You ask how people think some stuff makes sense, and you don't even use the word "sense" in the right context. You're brilliant.

Also the point wasn't to specifically compare them, I just used the WRX as an example of a turbo 4 that outperforms an American muscle at its own game, straight line speed. Dodge dropped the ball, Ford did not.
A grammar/spelling nazi is always the sign of someone who has no argument left.

It doesn't matter what your point is, the WRX is much smaller and has AWD which greatly helps off the line acceleration. If you really knew what American muscle was, you'd know that the Challenger is the best interpretation of that today. Large car minus two doors plus big V8 and comfortable to boot.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post

Dodge had the 2.4 Turbo 4 SRT-4 Neon they were pretty quick for there day and would run or our run a WRK due to less weight by not having AWD.

Dodge Neon SRT4 with 500+hp 1/4 Mile Tuning - YouTube

Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
Quote:
Nope. trying to explain why it does not really matter whether a car is super fast or super duper fast. Simply saying the type of driver, number of people in the car, conditions etc will matter more then whether one car is capable of .5 seconds faster 0-60. however some people are having a really difficult time understnading this concept.

What I am saying is at times a charger will beat WRX, and mustangs, and porsches and almost anyhting else. Why? becasue it matters more who is driving and that the conditions are than how fast the car is. Sure if it is a dog, it will make a difference. However if it is a fast car, it will sometimes whip a faster car. The WRX is an example simply because they are usually driven by children and near children who do not know how to drive. A 30 year old experienced driver in a Challenger will consitently beat a 16 year old driver in a WRX. That is really not hard to argue. Some one just got really defensive (probably a 16 year old with a WRX).

A charger is fast enough to have fun in. With a good and expereinced driver, it will occaisionally beat pretty much any other car, especially cars typically driven by inexperienced drivers. Faster does not make a car better or more fun by simple number calculations. For this reason it is posited a Challnger is fast enough. When you factor in it is more comfortable, better looking, more useful and practical - it is, for many people, a better car than many other cars that are faster (at least faster on paper).

I woudl enjoy owning a chllenger SRT8 (excpt that it is too small for my current needs). I woudl not enjoy and would not consider a WRX. A mustang is a bit better, but I would still prefer a challenger. It simply is not all about numbers on a piece of paper or on a comuter screen - at least not for a lto of people.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 PM

24,451 posts, read 25,987,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
thats what im saying
See whatcha started.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,814 times
The Dodge Challenger sure is a hot topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram