Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:34 PM

551 posts, read 1,125,126 times

Advertisements

Im considering having a Dodge Challenger as my first car. It looks grown up and cool at the same time. Its RWD and I want to know how it feels to drive that type of car. How is the backseat room BTW?

Would this be a good buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 01:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 29,399,783 times
I guess if you have the money and means to Purchase, Maintain, Insure and Fuel a Hemi Challenger as your first car then go for it dude.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:05 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,243,289 times
Back seat if pretty big. But I'm not sure why you would ask that question as opposed to sitting in one yourself. Have you actually driven one? That is really the first thing you are going to want to do. Maybe you find you don't like it. Save yourself some trouble by figuring that out first.

What do you mean by "is it a good buy"? It was a great buy for me. I love mine. I have no clue if it would be a good buy for you.

And what Challenger are you considering? Base/RT/SRT? That can also make a massive difference.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Back seat if pretty big. But I'm not sure why you would ask that question as opposed to sitting in one yourself. Have you actually driven one? That is really the first thing you are going to want to do. Maybe you find you don't like it. Save yourself some trouble by figuring that out first.

What do you mean by "is it a good buy"? It was a great buy for me. I love mine. I have no clue if it would be a good buy for you.

And what Challenger are you considering? Base/RT/SRT? That can also make a massive difference.
Most likely a base. I want the one thats lightest on gas. And no I havent been in one, thats why im asking.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:47 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,157,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
Im considering having a Dodge Challenger as my first car. It looks grown up and cool at the same time. Its RWD and I want to know how it feels to drive that type of car. How is the backseat room BTW?

Would this be a good buy?
Well... I wouldn't say it's "grown up" at all. The interior on those cars is incredibly cheap. (I have not sat in the SRT model, so that one may use higher quality material.) The base and R/T though, have so much cheap plastic it feels like a kid's first cheap economy car. Since it's your first car you won't know the difference.

Exterior styling is great, that's really the most positive aspect of it. Visibility from the driver's seat is poor/fair.

Overall I was not impressed, but for throwback styling, it beats the Camaro and Mustang IMO. Go drive one and see if you like it.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:04 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,572,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
It looks grown up and cool at the same time.
It is neither of those things. It was cobbled together with parts from a 15 year old Mercedes E class (w210). Its over sized, over weight, has ridiculously small windows and a cartoonish profile.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 AM

929 posts, read 2,732,572 times
Default Dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I guess if you have the money and means to Purchase, Maintain, Insure and Fuel a Hemi Challenger as your first car then go for it dude.

I agree, I have driven a DC for about 4 K miles.
Loved it, A lot of room, pleanty of leg room for tall drivers,
fast , but decent on fuel if you drive easy.

AND I have a good DCJ dealer close by. Thats key IMO.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
I agree, I have driven a DC for about 4 K miles.
Loved it, A lot of room, pleanty of leg room for tall drivers,
fast , but decent on fuel if you drive easy.

AND I have a good DCJ dealer close by. Thats key IMO.
lol well what do you count as driving easy? I would rarely speed ever. Also I am 6'/ 6'1" 180+lbs.. thats cool? lol

Old 05-26-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
It is neither of those things. It was cobbled together with parts from a 15 year old Mercedes E class (w210). Its over sized, over weight, has ridiculously small windows and a cartoonish profile.
Well isn't that the thing with all american muscle cars? Heavy,oversized, below average handling. Thats why I didnt like American cars at first and i am still debating on getting a Subaru. Im really scatter brained on what car to get in the future. The Challenger isn't like everything else on the street and i like that.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Well... I wouldn't say it's "grown up" at all. The interior on those cars is incredibly cheap. (I have not sat in the SRT model, so that one may use higher quality material.) The base and R/T though, have so much cheap plastic it feels like a kid's first cheap economy car. Since it's your first car you won't know the difference.

Exterior styling is great, that's really the most positive aspect of it. Visibility from the driver's seat is poor/fair.

Overall I was not impressed, but for throwback styling, it beats the Camaro and Mustang IMO. Go drive one and see if you like it.
I dont really care for interior, thats the least of my concern. As long as a radio/navi could be installed im good. I care about style, reliability, engine sound, just basic stuff. Plus its RWD and I have yet to drive one of those, I hear its fun.

My safety concern is visibility. Make note that I haven't ever driven anything outside of an SUV or "crossover" vehicle. However, at the NY Auto Show I sat in a Subaru BRZ before I had any driving experience. I grew uncertain about how good of a driver I would be because it was low and like I was in a cave. Was I overreacting or is this something you can agree with? If so, how can I overcome this uncertainty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram