Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 09:08 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
....You are also forgetting that ridiculous thing you said in post #200 about Adam being created in Chapter one, but not really existing until chapter two. I made it clear that chapter two is simply going back and zeroing in on the creation of Adam that was previously mentioned in chapter one.
Everything is first created spiritually before it is created physically, this planet being no exception. The plan, the thought, comes before the deed.

"And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all things, of which I have spoken, spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth. For I, the Lord God, had not caused it to rain upon the face of the earth. And I, the Lord God, had created all the children of men; and not yet a man to till the ground; for in heaven created I them; and there was not yet flesh upon the earth, neither in the water, neither in the air;" Moses 3: 5

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/moses/3/5#5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 09:21 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Everything is first created spiritually before it is created physically, this planet being no exception.
Last I checked, God formed man and then "breathed" life into his spirit.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 PM

127 posts, read 149,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

That was in chapter 2. He created man in chapter 1.
The second verse in chapter 2 states that “God ended His work”

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made. And He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.

But Adam’s physical body was yet to be formed.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
It is my understanding that God the Father created/organized the first man and the first woman to get the species started on this planet. After creating Adam's physical body he put into that body Adam's spirit.

But from that point on it is physical bodies male and female that create the physical bodies of God's children on earth. In a process I don't think any of us yet understands completely, a spirit body created/organized by God the Father in His own image and likeness enters the physical body and remains with it until its death. Because of the atonement of Jesus Christ, every person born on this planet will eventually be resurrected, the spirit body again entering vital elements of the physical body it once animated, never again to separate.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:23 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
I have provided sufficient proof, sufficient information. I am not going to waste any more time on someone who doesn't want to be convinced. You will have to research it if you have any interest in finding the truth of the matter.
I've already told you that you don't have to respond to me, but that I will keep preaching against what I believe to be false teaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So you want to believe that but admit that that is not what scripture states?

Truly beyond that is the thought that God/Holy spirit does not have an ego and therefore rejection of them hardly makes a difference to them right? You will see in the passages that speak of this that people were saying that the power of the holy spirit was demonic in nature... that is the blasphemy not that they rejected the word of God but that they attributed it to something else....
No, I do not admit that isn't what scriptures states, but you have given me enough to study it and see if my belief is wrong. Thank you.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I've already told you that you don't have to respond to me, but that I will keep preaching against what I believe to be false teaching.

No, I do not admit that isn't what scriptures states, but you have given me enough to study it and see if my belief is wrong. Thank you.
Well at least it was helpful...

Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Why do people believe that "accepting", "repenting", "confessing", "being baptized", etc are works, but that "believing" is not? That has never made any sense to me. There is still something we have "to do", even when you believe all we have to do is "believe".
I've often wondered the same thing. I've also often thought it strange that people don't stop to think how closely the words "faith" and "faithful" are related. How can a person claim to have "faith in Christ" without recognizing that faith in Christ requires him to be "faithful to Christ"?

Old 11-28-2009, 12:08 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgy1961 View Post
That was in chapter 2. He created man in chapter 1.
The second verse in chapter 2 states that “God ended His work”

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made. And He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.

But Adam’s physical body was yet to be formed.
Genesis 1:1 thru 2:3 is an overview.

Gen 2:4 onward is a more detailed look at the creation events.

Gen 2:5 - Now no shrub of the field was yet in the earth, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted, for the LORD God had not sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Actually, I used the NASV for Phil 2:6, and the KJV for verses 7 and 8.
So what you're saying is that if one version of the bible doesn't fit into your box of beliefs you shop other versions and translations to locate something that fits better?

Old 11-28-2009, 07:53 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I've often wondered the same thing. I've also often thought it strange that people don't stop to think how closely the words "faith" and "faithful" are related. How can a person claim to have "faith in Christ" without recognizing that faith in Christ requires him to be "faithful to Christ"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity