Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,236,463 times

Advertisements

except now you are starting to peel the onion back a little bit .... bear with my a while longer and you may actually start to think a little more logically

so lets stick with what appears to be a new agreed premise - that thought can also be a part of sexuality and orientation?

and if you agree to that would you say that someone who has a gay thought is definitely 100% gay?

(btw, i could really care about biblical stances on homosexuality, sins, and all that other stuff .... the headline drew me in from the main page and trying to figure out the logic keeps me here ..... the logical path regardless of subject - just doesn't seem to be well thought out or consistent)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

and if you agree to that would you say that someone who has a gay thought is definitely 100% gay?
as I said before...
Out of the heart springs forth the deeds of sinful men.
This is why there is no such thing as "accidentally" having gay sex.
This is also why there is no such thing as the stupid defense made by some in denial- "Im not gay , it was only the one time!"

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,....its a duck.
Trust me, if you have had gay sex, you are gay...

Case closed!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:29 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,236,463 times
well this is going nowhere....

you are incapable of logical thought and unwilling to explore this

if you are unable to give a clear cut answer there is no point.

It's not a difficult questions for a straight answer

Without a "deed" does having a homosexual thought make one gay? Don't give that from the heart BS either.

You say on one hand that the action leads.

Then you seem to be implying that if they have the thought they will have the action.

However, i'm saying that they will never have the action under this scenario.

Think of losing your temper and getting really angry - you want to just choke the person across from you and those thoughts flood your mind ...... you end up showing restraint and just walking away and never acting ..... does that make you someone who chokes?

If you have a gay thought but never engage in a gay sex act, are you gay?

Old 12-23-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

Without a "deed" does having a homosexual thought make one gay?....
as I have said many times already...
The answer we get from the text is that out of the heart of the person flows the deeds that are sinful.

This is why there is no such thing as "Accidentally gay", or thinking you are not "all that gay" when you know full well you have had sex with a person of your own sex.
Trust me, if a guy has already had sex with another guy, even the one time, he is Gay!
there is no need to debate the question...he is Gay.
So keep that in mind that having gay sex makes you gay. (You dont get a free one that dont count...LOL)

What of temptations?

We must at the same time always to also keep in mind that we can have temptations to do evil that are not considered a sin.
This fits in with the fact that the Bible tells us that even Jesus was tempted to do evil....

So there is no sin in being tempted.
The sin come when we allow the mental temptation to grow roots in our minds and become our mindset, rather than rejecting the mental temptation right away as Christ did.

\

Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Is being tempted a sin?

The answer is no.

The question you seem to be struggling with Finger Laker, deals with the natural human mental tendency to be tempted to do evil.
You seem to want to know what I believe is a sin or not a sin ab0out being tempted?

My answer is the answer we get from the text.
That being:...That even our Lord was tempted, yet was without sin.
So this clearly teaches us that there is NO SIN in being tempted.

Yet the Bible also teaches that unpure thoughts are just as evil in God's eyes as the resulting sinfull deeds.

The teaching of the text is that all of us can face a temptation, but it is in how we answer this time of testing that we are judged if we have sinned or not.

Jesus answered his temptation by totally rejecting the temptation and responding with the Word of God.

This should be our example on how to act when we are tempted too!

So, be it a sexual temptation as is in this topic, or be it about some other form of temptation, we have to remember that just being tempted to do evil is not a sin.
Rather the sin comes when we begin to entertain that temptation rather than rejecting it as Jesus taught us to do.

If we dwell on the temptation, if we start to explore it with our minds, if we find room for the temptation in our hearts,
If we dont deal with it and get rid of it quickly , this is where the temptation turns to sin...

-------------------
all of the above is in agreement with the Bible and is the best , wise answer to your question I have to share.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:45 AM

any questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity