Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,117,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
let's take it a step further and look at sexual perverts (your term, btw)

i
"Sexual Perverts" is not really my term.
It is the correct term as given in the different Bible translations I have both listed and supplied a link to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
you also completely ignored my questions about virgins
asking about virgins is a bit off-topic and I dont want my posts cleared...

start a topic about that question or send me a private message and I will be gay....no, I mean I will be "happy" to talk to you on that issue.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,302,345 times
it's the one you quoted and used in your arguements ... that makes it yours in this context

so, i'm still awaiting your thoughts on the actions of sex outside marriage, sex for non-reproductive means

also, i'm still waiting on your thought on virgins - those without deeds

it looks like that is the only way you can deem what is in their heart - it's a very basic premise that you've embraced this whole time ... the act defines the individual be it homosexual activity, bank robbery or aldultry

so what about those without an action ... can they be either homosexual or heterosexual?

Can someone be gay if they've never had gay sex?

Can someone be straight if they've never had straight sex?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
asking about virgins is a bit off-topic
not really - a branch of this topic is what defines sexuality and/or sexual orientation

you are clearly in the camp that the actions are the defining factor

as such, i'm curious to see your logic when there are no actions .... can a virgin be either straight or gay?

Old 12-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Being Gay is a sin.
Being attracted to members of the same sex, is a sin.
Having sex with a member of the same sex is a sin.
All sinners need to repent.

A virgin has not sinned, so has no need to repent of a sexual sin.
Now the virgin might be a bank robber, or a saint, so there may or may not be a need to repent of other sins.

But a virgin does not need to repent of a sexual activity outside the one type allowed by God, (marriage)

This is why abstinence-only as a sex-ed class is required under Christian morals.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:

you are clearly in the camp that the actions are the defining factor
If it looks like a duck.
acts like a duck
quacks like a duck...

its a duck.

might have feathers like a chicken
might be as heavy as a toaster
might be the same hight as a football

but it's a duck.

when you rob a bank, you are known from then on as a bank robber.
Yes, you might still have a valid bank account at the bank,
Yes, you might still want to walk into that bank and put some money into your account...
Yes you may even think that robbing just the one bank the one time should not make you forever known as a bank robber....

But thats too bad!

you are a bank robber...just as having sex with another guy makes you 100% flaming-Gay, even if its only the one time.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Being Gay is a sin.
Being attracted to members of the same sex, is a sin.
Having sex with a member of the same sex is a sin.
All sinners need to repent.

A virgin has not sinned, so has no need to repent of a sexual sin.
So now you are potentially conflicting yourself ... what if the virgin is attracted to the same sex, but just doesn't act on it and remains celibate

Quote:
If it looks like a duck.
acts like a duck
quacks like a duck...

its a duck.

might have feathers like a chicken
might be as heavy as a toaster
might be the same hight as a football

but it's a duck.

when you rob a bank, you are known from then on as a bank robber.
Yes, you might still have a valid bank account at the bank,
Yes, you might still want to walk into that bank and put some money into your account...
Yes you may even think that robbing just the one bank the one time should not make you forever known as a bank robber....

But thats too bad!

you are a bank robber...just as having sex with another guy makes you 100% flaming-Gay, even if its only the one time.
so we can also agree that using birth control, giving/receiving oral sex or having sexual relations outside the context of marriage would all be a form of perversion which in essence would make them no different from homosexuality .... besides, sexual actions outside the very narrow allowable framework are sexual actions outside of the very narrow allowable framework - no matter how it quacks ....... even masterbation could be viewed much the same (especially if you believe in sin of the mind/thought - which follows the logic that being attracted to men and not acting is a form of perversion, then being turned on by the thought of oral sex and not acting would also be a perversion)

Old 12-22-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
So now you are potentially conflicting yourself ... what if the virgin ...
as I said, the virgin does NOT have to repent of an sexual sin,(being still a virgin and pure)

However the virgin might still be all error about all kinds of other things (like being a bank robber, etc) and therefore in need of repenting.

Being a virgin does not mean yo are free for all sin.
It just means you have not committed any sexual sin and are pure.

However in keeping with this topic: men that have had sex with another man (even just once) are guilty of sexual sin and need to repent.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 PM

You stated being attracted to someone of the same sex is a "sin" .... i'm going to switch that to perversion just so we don't get sidetracked into a semantics debate

attraction comes from the mind

a virgin can have that attraction without action, correct?

If so how does that balance with your other statements of virgins being free from sexual "perversions"

Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
You stated being attracted to someone of the same sex is a "sin" ....
Yes,
As I said a while ago...out of the heart come deeds.
This is why Jesus holds us to account not only for our deeds, but also for the thoughts that gave rise to our deeds.

One must however be careful not to consider being tempted as the same as sinning because Jesus was totally without sin, yet he truly was tempted.

So as I said, out of the heart flows the deeds of man..
This is why I think its a joke when someone says that having gay sex does not mean that were also gay....lol..THATS A JOKE!

Trust me, if you have had gay sex, you are gay and need to repent and be cleaned...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity