Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,593,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
unless they r raped or threatened to have sex they are practicing homosexuality and i seriously doubt those men could relate well to a woman on release----do not buy the any port--god gave us free will and constraint---and supposedly the ability to think and make moral choices---but since they t in prison obviously the moral choices part is not functioning!
Well then you would be wrong. I have dealt with individuals who have been released from jail and they are not gay at all and do relate quite well to women.

As for thinking from a Christian perspective, you are thinking from your Christian perspective, not all Christian's. I certainly do not believe in the condemnation of gays & lesbians as other's do and I am definitely Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 06:01 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,110,728 times
My words in blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
You know Alan, weren't you the one who was preachin on the subject of women being submissive to their husbands on another thread?

Yes, a wife must submit to her husband as onto her Lord.
This is the duty of the Christian wife.
as long as such submission does not take a path that violates the written Word, she has no excuse not to submit.

How in the world would you expect your wife to submit to you when you talk like this?

The truly submissive Christian wife will submit as onto the Lord regardless of the ability to speak of her husband....thats the first best answer to your question.

But I must ask what I have said here that you think is in error?

My point is...it goes both ways. You need to be a Godly man and stop walkin in the flesh and be an example before people on this thread will ever take you seriously, especially about the submission subject,

First, I have no delusion that I need to convince anyone of anything...Im not their teacher , they are not in my Sunday school class.

2nd, a person can not control the thoughts of actions of another in a marriage.
I do not sit on the fence waiting for my wife to act like a good Christian wife before I act like a good Christian husband.
The same is true for my wife, she does not sit on the fence waiting for me to act like a good husband before she submits to my leadership.

You do what you are to do, regardless of the actions or thoughts of your spouse.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,671,408 times
Holiday Warning

Think of all the closeted gays you may be hugging this time of year. If you attend a lot of Christmas parties, by New Year's Day, you could become a full fledged homosexual. Ironically, they call it "the most wonderful time of the year."

Old 12-22-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Holiday Warning

Think of all the closeted gays you may be hugging this time of year. If you attend a lot of Christmas parties, by New Year's Day, you could become a full fledged homosexual. Ironically, they call it "the most wonderful time of the year."
"don we now our gay apparel"????....

But seriously, you dont catch "gay" by contact, or by breathing the same air as the Gays.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:28 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,257,377 times
first this chick is bat crap crazy - about all that needs to be said there

2nd - without a real dog in the fight, a simple observation that I find kind funny

all the people who say the moment you engage in a gay sex act you are automatically gay

spend your whole life attracted to and being intimate with the opposite gender, but go opposite once then you are full fledged, 100% gay

what if I feel it goes the other way - you can have someone who is obviously a homosexual, but for some reason or another decides to have sex with the opposite sex .... are they then at that point straight

of course not - they are deviants!

whatever, if you want the act to be the lead of all else, then let it stand in a vacuum and cut both ways

you'll get twisted up pretty quickly though because life just isn't that cut and dry

Old 12-22-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

spend your whole life attracted to and being intimate with the opposite gender, but go opposite once then you are full fledged, 100% gay
Yes
Yes,I believe that if you are doing gay sex you are fully 100 gay!
you do not accidently unzip......

You do not accidentally suggest that you and your buddies at work knock-off early for the day and head over to the gay bath house and do a litle experimenting....

Just does not happen....

No guy ever tried to explain getting caught by his wife and children in the middle of performing a sex at on another guy by saying, "Oh, dont worry, Im not gay I just needed to pay him back for helping me fix the car's breaks"...

That excuse is just not going to fly with anyone....we all know better.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 AM

so what does that guy become when he is having sex with his wife

if he's having sex with a woman then he's obviously straight right?

i mean if a man having sex with a man = gay

then a man having sex with a woman must = straight

it's really basic logic if sex acts lead sexuality

i'm also curious as to why the sex in these scenarios is between men - notice that I didn't include any specific gender at all in my post .... yet you immediately threw out a specific scenario involving men

that is another thing I find interesting from a pure observational standpoint

Old 12-22-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
yet you immediately threw out a specific scenario involving men
In the Text, many times when we see the word "man" or "men" we are to understand it as talking about "people in general"

I do the same thing many times myself.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
so what does that guy become when he is having sex with his wife
a good way to understand this issue is in this example:

You get a gun and walk into a local bank and rob it.
You are in every way possible a "Bank Robber"

There is no defense that "It was only the one bank", or "It was my first time"
The Fact is that you went into a bank with a gun and robbed it, thus you are now known as a 100% bank robber.

Now later that day you walk back into that same bank and try to deposit some cash into your account.

Just because you can still act in a very normal manner as a valid bank customer does not change the fact that you are still a 100% bank robber and will be changed with that no matter how normal you try to act later....

Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 AM

so it's only because you deem it a deviant or criminal type behaviour

however, homosexuality is not a crime (well, unless you live in uganda or some such 3rd world country) and your analogy holds little weight due to this

so once again, if the act defines the mere fact that they have sex with the opposite sex makes them straight as much as having sex with the same sex makes them gay

unless of course, there is more to it than that

but if that's the case things get too messy and people need to actually think and stuff

much easier to do a quick and dirty judge and label and be done with it ... put everyone in their proper group and try to keep things as clean and separated as possible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity