Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM

16 posts, read 19,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
NO. How can she be my sister if we don't even have the same gospel, we do not edify one another, she is as alien to me as Jehovah Witnesses.She is a universalist. I don't consider universalists to be Christian. That doesn't mean she is not saved.
Wow that's interesting. So who are sisters and brothers to you?? Only those who profess your particular doctrine? Baptists?? Catholics?? Anyone who calls themselves Christian?? (certainly there are caveats?). And with that cleared up, I wonder what you intended to convey in saying she is not a sister (such a bland, broad, non-specific statement that seems so clearly to be from spite - in essence a statement that says, "you're not family". And if you don't mean she's not a sister in Christ, what on EARTH DID you mean, sir?? How can she possibly be saved and NOt be a sister in Christ?? Boy oh boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
So you think I don't love Jesus?
Christy......I am sure you love Jesus just like JW and Mormons do too

Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,965 times
Quote:
I am not going there, that is my opinion-you don't agree-fine, so let's leave it at that.
No....you can't run away now Fundy....answer the questions that have been posed to you.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubywilds View Post
Wow that's interesting. So who are sisters and brothers to you?? Only those who profess your particular doctrine? Baptists?? Catholics?? Anyone who calls themselves Christian?? (certainly there are caveats?). And with that cleared up, I wonder what you intended to convey in saying she is not a sister (such a bland, broad, non-specific statement that seems so clearly to be from spite - in essence a statement that says, "you're not family". And if you don't mean she's not a sister in Christ, what on EARTH DID you mean, sir?? How can she possibly be saved and NOt be a sister in Christ?? Boy oh boy.
What do you want Ruby? blood? or do you want me to lie? I base this off scripture. I didn't take it lightly. I have told you the truth, you don't agree with it, fine but do not bash me because your opinions conflict.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
NO. How can she be my sister if we don't even have the same gospel, we do not edify one another, she is as alien to me as Jehovah Witnesses.She is a universalist. I don't consider universalists to be Christian. That doesn't mean she is not saved.

So, here's the meat - according to your judgments, a person can be saved but not be a Christian. Wow. Didn't expect to ear that! Surely you want to restate what you really mean??

Old 10-23-2009, 11:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
lmao

Old 10-23-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Christy......I am sure you love Jesus just like JW and Mormons do too
Then the only difference between me and you is "your" doctrine...correct?

I love Jesus, I am saved and I will reap the same benefits you do when this life is over....so other than the man made doctrine that separates us because I choose to believe the best of God...you don't consider me a Christian or your sister....correct?

Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Then the only difference between me and you is "your" doctrine...correct?

I love Jesus, I am saved and I will reap the same benefits you do when this life is over....so other than the man made doctrine that separates us because I choose to believe the best of God...you don't consider me a Christian or your sister....correct?
Christygirl that is all they have doctrine and traditions of man . It's a "Doctrine Club" , to be considered a member you have to swear allegiance to all they believe .

Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Christygirl that is all they have doctrine and traditions of man . It's a "Doctrine Club" , to be considered a member you have to swear allegiance to all they believe .
That's not happening in this lifetime!

Old 10-23-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
If you say I am judging you, then you just made a judgment call that I judged you therefore you judged me.
I have a brain and don't use it to chase my tail (or yours) as you go round and round. We are sharing our ideas about judgment and you are escaping responding with tail chasing and finger pointing. Sorry but I am going to leave you to that too. If you look closely I have made no judgments at all, at leasst non like calling a Christ loving person not part of the family of God. I keep my judgments and assessments to what I can see, touch, feel, hear - what you have said in other words, not your soul, or your heart (except in how it is shown in what you have written, and then I am mostly clear to say "seems to be", leaving you room to correct me, and back up that correction). I have no idea what God will say to you in the end nor do I consider it my business. . . . I like the conversation about judgment. You are right, an awful lot of it is in the world - wars have be started because of it's rampant overuse. Many have died in it's wake. Likely many of them innocent. Again and again I say, why not leave the big jobs to the Bossman?? Leave us to quibble over what little we can wrap out brains around - like what we see and hear, and leave the unseen (hearts and souls) to the Big Guy?? Seems prudent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity