Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:47 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Jesus came in AD 70?

omg i missed it!
Yes, you did! You miss it because you do not understand the nature of His coming and falsely believe it to be in literal clouds, physical, and visible to all. That was not the nature of His coming. He "came" in judgment against those reprobate Jews of His day whom He charged with all the righteous blood shed on the earth (Mat. 23). Every eye of those of that day saw the evidence of that judgment coming in the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem. Christ came in the same fashion which the Lord came in the OT--in figurative clouds of judgment.

Do not be so quick to ridicule that which you have not studied and do not understand.

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 05:59 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Jesus came in AD 70?

omg i missed it!
Yeah, according to some, and somehow I missed it too! And ALL things has been fullfilled already, so I'm sitting here waiting to see my mom again in her resurrected body and she's yet to show herself, oh, maybe she's been reincarnated as ant? Maybe she's one of the many that comes under the garage door? Or maybe as the lizard that ran inside last night? Mom, is that you? Sound absurd? Well, so is telling people Christ had already come and fulfilled ALL things! Really!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yeah, according to some, and somehow I missed it too! And ALL things has been fullfilled already, so I'm sitting here waiting to see my mom again in her resurrected body and she's yet to show herself, oh, maybe she's been reincarnated as ant? Maybe she's one of the many that comes under the garage door? Or maybe as the lizard that ran inside last night? Mom, is that you? Sound absurd? Well, so is telling people Christ had already come and fulfilled ALL things! Really!
Betsey Lane: You do not understand the nature of the judgment and the resurrection and that is why you stoop to ridicule those who do. If the judgment has not come and if the resurrection has not been accomplished, those who die in Christ must still go to the paradise area of Hades and wait for those things to be fulfilled. When Christ came in A. D. 70 He destroyed Hades and cast it into the lake of fire. He led the captives free, gave them their resurrection bodies fitted for heaven, and brought them to Himself where they forever remain. All who have died in the Lord since that time go immediately into His presence, being given their resurrection bodies (real, actual, spiritual bodies prepared by God and fitted for heaven). That is our blessed hope--living and never dying; dying and yet living. Paul himself taught that in his day there was about to be a resurrection and there was about to be a judgment (see Acts 17 and 24). Felix became frightened because of his words.

Acts 17:31 (Paul to the Athenians) ""because He has appointed a day on which He is about to judge the world in righteousness."

Acts 24:15, 25: (Paul to Felix, the governor) "there is about to be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust" (vs. 15). Later and again before Felix, Paul said: "Now as he [Paul] reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment about to come . . . ."

There is not some coming great resurrection when everyone throughout all time are resurrected at the same time. The conditions for the resurrection of all believers has been accomplished. That is what Jesus meant in Luke 21 when He told His disciples to look up because their redemption drew near. The conditions having been fulfilled, all who die in the Lord go immediately to be with Him in their resurrection bodies. This is an individual event not a corporate event. The judgment also was not a time when all people everywhere throughout all time were to be judged together. When Christ returned and fully established His kingdom and the Church, the new Israel of God, having abolished the Old, He made the eternal determination of all--the righteous go immediately into His presence in their resurrection bodies; the unrighteous go immediately to hell, eternally separated from Him. Upon that past determination of judgment, the disposition of all who die is determined.

Why should you see your mother in her resurrected body now? She is in that place where Christ dwells! You will not see her until you also leave your physical body behind and are given your resurrection body.

Please do not ridicule what you do not understand. There would be a lot less ridicule if those who so vehemently oppose the biblical teachings of preterism took the time to understand it.

Preterist

Old 11-10-2008, 06:28 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,934 times
lol

humor me and please answer this question

Why would Angels tell the people that Jesus will come back in the same fashion he left in the sky?

Why would the Apostles speak about the 2nd coming?

What you're saying is REALLY FAR FETCHED, and it's definitely perverted doctrine, but believe what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Yes, you did! You miss it because you do not understand the nature of His coming and falsely believe it to be in literal clouds, physical, and visible to all. That was not the nature of His coming. He "came" in judgment against those reprobate Jews of His day whom He charged with all the righteous blood shed on the earth (Mat. 23). Every eye of those of that day saw the evidence of that judgment coming in the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem. Christ came in the same fashion which the Lord came in the OT--in figurative clouds of judgment.

Do not be so quick to ridicule that which you have not studied and do not understand.

Preterist

Old 11-10-2008, 06:29 PM

lol I know.

You dont understand so please dont act you like do lol

btw i want to let you know that you're wrong lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 PM

talk about using ONE verse out of a WHOLE passage to twist the Word of God.

You haven't proven that he came in AD 70.

BTW what is your affiliation?

Quote:
Betsey Lane: You do not understand the nature of the judgment and the resurrection and that is why you stoop to ridicule those who do. If the judgment has not come and if the resurrection has not been accomplished, those who die in Christ must still go to the paradise area of Hades and wait for those things to be fulfilled. When Christ came in A. D. 70 He destroyed Hades and cast it into the lake of fire. He led the captives free, gave them their resurrection bodies fitted for heaven, and brought them to Himself where they forever remain. All who have died in the Lord since that time go immediately into His presence, being given their resurrection bodies (real, actual, spiritual bodies prepared by God and fitted for heaven). That is our blessed hope--living and never dying; dying and yet living. Paul himself taught that in his day there was about to be a resurrection and there was about to be a judgment (see Acts 17 and 24). Felix became frightened because of his words.

Acts 17:31 (Paul to the Athenians) ""because He has appointed a day on which He is about to judge the world in righteousness."

Acts 24:15, 25: (Paul to Felix, the governor) "there is about to be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust" (vs. 15). Later and again before Felix, Paul said: "Now as he [Paul] reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment about to come . . . ."

There is not some coming great resurrection when everyone throughout all time are resurrected at the same time. The conditions for the resurrection of all believers has been accomplished. That is what Jesus meant in Luke 21 when He told His disciples to look up because their redemption drew near. The conditions having been fulfilled, all who die in the Lord go immediately to be with Him in their resurrection bodies. This is an individual event not a corporate event. The judgment also was not a time when all people everywhere throughout all time were to be judged together. When Christ returned and fully established His kingdom and the Church, the new Israel of God, having abolished the Old, He made the eternal determination of all--the righteous go immediately into His presence in their resurrection bodies; the unrighteous go immediately to hell, eternally separated from Him. Upon that past determination of judgment, the disposition of all who die is determined.

Why should you see your mother in her resurrected body now? She is in that place where Christ dwells! You will not see her until you also leave your physical body behind and are given your resurrection body.

Please do not ridicule what you do not understand. There would be a lot less ridicule if those who so vehemently oppose the biblical teachings of preterism took the time to understand it.

Preterist

Old 11-10-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Preterist

Why should I see my mother in her resurrected body now? Because ALL things has been fullfilled according to you! And are we not reigning with Him NOW? So He came and fullfilled SOME things and not some others? What, some got fulfilled in 70 AD and the rest is scheduled for WHEN?

There's nothing to understand! God does not dwell in confusion!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:52 PM

wow...and YOU just did that in this very same thread!

Quote:
NorthSouth: Many, many, many others have done what you are planning to do and encouraging others to do. But nothing happened. You praise Isaiah 54:17 for a "great" post that is full of verses taken out of context and completely manipulated to say what he wants them to say.

Many like you cry "the coming of the Lord is at hand." Yet, when James said that very thing and you read that very thing in James 5:8, you do not believe him! If the Lord's coming was at hand in James' day, how can it be close in ours?

The Lord's coming is not close, brothers and sisters! It is behind us--far behind us. Jesus said He was coming in that first-century generation. He came in A. D. 70. The apostles said He was coming in THEIR lifetimes. He came in A. D. 70! Let us not foolishly look up for a rapture that is not coming and concentrate on the tasks for which the Lord has put us here. Preach the Word and be ready always to give an answer for the hope that is in you!

Preterist

Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 PM

4. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
5. Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6. And He said to me, "It is done!" I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7. "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
8. "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." ( Rev. 21: 4-8 )

All
means all! Not some. To say all things have been fulfilled in 70 AD is "way out there" to say the least. His very nature is truth! HE cannot lie! If He said it, you better believe He's gonna do it!

Luke 21:27 states: "Then they will the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."
Matt. 24:30 states: "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, and they also who pierced Him. (when was He pierced?) And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

So, yes, these same clouds! He did'nt say it just once, but repeated several times. Who knows, maybe just in case, some might willfully come along and try to twist His Words perhaps? So every time He stated it, it's not to be taken literally? Really?

Not on your perceived timing, my friend. Take Him out of your "box". Your "box" of contexts. He's a WONDER!! A WONDER to behold! Come and meet this WONDER call Jesus Christ.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
lol

humor me and please answer this question

Why would Angels tell the people that Jesus will come back in the same fashion he left in the sky?

Why would the Apostles speak about the 2nd coming?

What you're saying is REALLY FAR FETCHED, and it's definitely perverted doctrine, but believe what you want.
I agree with you the Preterest belief does not come from the Bible. And don't worry you haven't missed Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity