Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I no longer attend church because:
It's too far to travel 2 3.57%
I don't like the music 1 1.79%
I don't like the preacher 3 5.36%
The people aren't very friendly 12 21.43%
Too much talk about money and tithing 10 17.86%
The service is too long 4 7.14%
Too many old people 3 5.36%
Too many young people 0 0%
Too many families and not enough singles 0 0%
Just too lazy to get up and go 21 37.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:11 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,213,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelite View Post
I'll finish with a quote from Galatians 4:16 "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" If you disagree, please correct me with scripture not an opinion or heresay.

Thank you.
Amen, Whitelite! Well said and proven on everything you said. Good job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 07:12 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,016,141 times
Wink I agree!

Quote:
His book "Your best life now" flys in the face of scripture,--------- a Christians best life is yet to come.

He fits the bill along with many others who cause people to go away from God and his word. II Peter 2:1-3,18-21 [b]"But there were false prophets also among the people even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies------II Timothy 3:5 "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." Joel denys that Jesus is the only way of Salvation as does Billy Graham. I've heard them both. So, this scripture says to turn away from them, but as one can see many flock to them for a "feel good fix" instead of checking out for themselves what Gods Word really says.
Heck, if you don't like it, then fine, your choice, at least you made the decision instead of someone else doing it for you through deception. But many deceive themselves by comparing themselves among themselves, following blindly. Jesus said that both shall fall into a ditch. (The blind leading the blind.)

Continuing on in II Timothy 4:3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears. (tell me how good I am, tell me smooth things, don't step on my toes, I just want a mutual admiration society to attend.) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."
I don't want to make a sermon out of this, but if someone doesn't address these issues, then where will they hear it? Some will disagree and probably address this post. Paul throughout his ministry was unpopular for "calling a spade a spade". I don't like being lied to, and those who know their bibles know who is the father of lies. (I want truth even if it's uncomfortable to my flesh.) It got so bad with Paul, that ALL (Christian Brothers and sisters) in Asia forsook him as he stood for the TRUTH.

thank you.
I fully agree with what you've said. It's like this, either Jesus is the only way as He says He is, or...it's all a lie and there's no point.
I faced a similar debate versus Allah in the General U.S. forum with the Ted Haggard thread. One person had said that she'd gotten into an argument at work with someone who said that allah and God/Jehovah are the same being. She disputed it, they got into an argument, and now it's become an HR issue. A responder replied to her statement that Allah is indeed the same God as Jehovah. That's where I jumped in...
Allah is not Jehovah and I showed exactly why. In Islam, Jesus is recognized as a prophet, not as the Son of God - God Himself.
I showed through bible verses the divinity of Jesus, the reality of the Triune God being still One God, etc.
The person arguing against me offered no proof, just said I didn't know what I was talking about and that I was spreading false information! And, that Allah is God.
Well, come hell or high water, no one with that belief will ever sway me. Allah is a pagan deity, the chief god of 360 pagan gods from ancient Arabia and chosen by Muhammad to be the one and only god. The opposer would and could not accept that the deity of Christ itself is the main proof that Allah isn't Jehovah since Allah has no son.
Anyway, there are lots of wolves in sheep's clothing and most people don't think past what others say in the name of political correctness and just accept untruths without fact checking.
Joel Osteen isn't a man of God. The comparison to Zig Ziglar is very appropos. Joel is untrained, doesn't preach the exclusiveness of Jesus as the only way to salvation and he is leading thousands to hell -though..they are going willingly and blindly and are responsible ultimately for their own decisions.
I watched that interview on Larry King and I almost vomited with revulsion. I'd rather listen to Ted Haggard, though he's a publically revealed sinner and adulterer, he does know who is Lord. Joel Osteen may be loyal to his wife and children and vows as a husband, but he's blasphemous as a preacher...who is more deadly to your soul?
It makes me sad about Billy Graham too and his falling out from the path.

Last edited by MoMark; 02-09-2007 at 07:42 PM..

Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,217 posts, read 6,808,265 times
Default My prayers are with you Hoosier

Sometimes you have to step out in faith after praying and trust God to direct your steps. It probably won't be easy, but doing the right thing hardly ever is.

Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier67 View Post
Hey all,
...Please pray for me as I talk with them so I get what I need to help the authorities. It kills me to do this, but I've really prayed it through and know I am doing the right thing...no matter how difficult it is. Thanks! -- Blessings!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:36 PM

15,603 posts, read 40,000,980 times
Church is where you find it...

Old 02-10-2007, 03:46 PM

36 posts, read 96,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Allah is not Jehovah and I showed exactly why. In Islam, Jesus is recognized as a prophet, not as the Son of God - God Himself.
I showed through bible verses the divinity of Jesus, the reality of the Triune God being still One God, etc.
The person arguing against me offered no proof, just said I didn't know what I was talking about and that I was spreading false information! And, that Allah is God.
I was going to respond here on this thread, but decided to start another one more to the subject of Islam. I agree with you.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I was going to respond here on this thread, but decided to start another one more to the subject of Islam. I agree with you.
Same here absolutly

Old 02-10-2007, 05:32 PM

36 posts, read 96,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Same here absolutly

Well, I posted a generic post about Islam and it was deleted within hours. Guess so much for freedom of Speach in Free AmeriKa. Seems like everyone is afraid to speak out on Islam for fear of reprisal. Muslims kill Jews, Muslims kill Christains every day. Thats OK, just as long as we are policitally correct that's all that counts.-NOT.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:34 PM

32 posts, read 158,045 times
Check out the Alpha program in your area. It's for those who question Christianity and faith.

The rest is up to you. No pressure to believe anything.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:38 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,016,141 times
Quote:
Well, I posted a generic post about Islam and it was deleted within hours. Guess so much for freedom of Speach in Free AmeriKa. Seems like everyone is afraid to speak out on Islam for fear of reprisal. Muslims kill Jews, Muslims kill Christains every day. Thats OK, just as long as we are policitally correct that's all that counts.-NOT.
No, it's posted in General U.S. under Politics and Controversies....kind of where it belongs!!!
I don't think any moderator is going to have issues with legitimate arguments. It's only when it gets to the smear level that things get dicey. Some may be offended by the posts under Islam, but that's the nature of debate. People can take offense for or against based on their own beliefs, but as long as the posting is rational, genuine debate, and not clearly a flame, I don't think it would be deleted.
That's why the sub-Forum says: "Controversial" I imagine...!!

Old 02-10-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
There have been times when I thought stuff was deleted too, but it was just the Mods had moved them

One has to admit there IS all out attack on Christianity in America (maybe around the world too) today. I would think that should be accepted the truth is never received kindly nor are His true followers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity