Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 03:15 PM

4,859 posts, read 450,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelgabriel88 View Post
you only see one point of the whole area doesn't mean your are right but on the contrary you just hold that one word such freewill a word in the modern world has created does not mean it doesn't exist. Freewill exist and god created it and wants us to see it how he holds it to see he has.
Please: You really need to proofread your contributions here. I can't make sense of it. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 03:40 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitonmywhat View Post
Please: You really need to proofread your contributions here. I can't make sense of it. Thank you.
I’m thinking English isnt his main language

Old 04-28-2023, 03:55 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
We have free will UNTIL we understand our real purpose us to do good in Agape. After that your free will defined by new reality.
Thus, we are Not free to do bad without bad consequences.
After all, the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' .

- Psalm 37:38; Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2;21-22; 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 04-28-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Our human free will is not absolutely free
We have various limitations and boundaries, natural , societal and religious and that is built into the design and cycles that happen
Just as with human rulership which has 'relative authority' in relationship with God's 'absolute authority'.
In other words, we obey the authorities unless they contradict God's authority - Acts 5:29 - then choose God over man.

Old 04-28-2023, 04:06 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,921,731 times
Jesus said, " For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son that who so ever beliveth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life , He that believeth is not condemned because he that believeth not is dead already because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3; 3; 16,17,
The words repent and be converted in scriptures prove it is all a matter of free choice.

Old 04-28-2023, 04:37 PM

Yes, ' should Not perish ' because of repenting - 2nd Peter 3:9 - ' repent ' or 'perish' ( be destroyed )

Old 04-29-2023, 11:46 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Hi, we cannot have ultimate free will if God works all things according to His will. Ephesians 1

God bless.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:21 PM

492 posts, read 143,399 times
Free will is an illusion. You have a choice but you are not free. Even now, all of us are either slaves to sin or slaves to Christ.

Think whatever makes you feel good though.

I am a slave to Christ, free from choosing not to sin. Reject Christ and become SINS Slave. It's that simple.

You see we were created by God for God. It's his show and he is the owner of everything, get it. Close your eyes and what do you see, thats exactly what you and I own.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:52 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
Free will is an illusion. You have a choice but you are not free. Even now, all of us are either slaves to sin or slaves to Christ.

Think whatever makes you feel good though.

I am a slave to Christ, free from choosing not to sin. Reject Christ and become SINS Slave. It's that simple.

You see we were created by God for God. It's his show and he is the owner of everything, get it. Close your eyes and what do you see, thats exactly what you and I own.

I agree with you, WalkintheLight. God bless.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:22 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No man can come here means no man has the ability to come to Christ. that cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

It also means that no man has the ability to believe on Christ for Salvation. Because Christ equates believing on Him with coming to Him. Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

What about those Jesus says to them Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats answered in Jn 6:44 they simply will not come because they cannot come unless the Power of God draws them and makes them willing

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity