Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 01:46 PM

11,969 posts, read 3,785,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is true ...quit counting the times that I have held back from saying what I thought.
We all have that problem

It seems to me that The Adversary is about our human nature which is selfish and displays impatience, intolerance, and is quick to take offence and try and force our point of view and beliefs onto others

It is what it is....

The spirit on the other hand is kind, patient, humble, not talking offence and not trying to force our views and beliefs on to others

We all have different views and beliefs which we are entitled to have, and to express them.... the problems happen from our reactions to the differences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 01:50 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,749,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
We all have that problem

It seems to me that The Adversary is about our human nature which is selfish and displays impatience, intolerance, and is quick to take offence and try and force our point of view and beliefs onto others

It is what it is....

The spirit on the other hand is kind, patient, humble, not talking offence and not trying to force our views and beliefs on to others

We all have different views and beliefs which we are entitled to have, and to express them.... the problems happen from our reactions to the differences
is that how your momma was ? all sweet and angelic?

Old 03-18-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Of course not

Old 03-18-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Of course not
rotf.... and that is how your daddy taught you stuff right?
so your God's love is different than a momma love or daddy love?
now just know ... that is not what they say to us in his word..>>
they say they got that momma and daddy kind of love..
the kind that doesn't spare the rod or spoil the child..

Old 03-18-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
rotf.... and that is how daddy taught you stuff right?
My dad died when I was 4

What I believe We shouldn’t be mixing the scriptural prophetic, allegoric things with personal things

This is when you get extremist religious people doing extremist things

Old 03-18-2020, 02:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,467,233 times
Quote:
We all have that problem

It seems to me that The Adversary is about our human nature which is selfish and displays impatience, intolerance, and is quick to take offense and try and force our point of view and beliefs onto others

It is what it is....

The spirit on the other hand is kind, patient, humble, not talking offense and not trying to force our views and beliefs on to others

Quote:
Mine were not religious, more spiritual, so yes, they were pleasant and humble of heart.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Mine were not religious, more spiritual, so yes, they were pleasant and humble of heart.
and really that explains alot..

Old 03-18-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
My dad died when I was 4

What I believe We shouldn’t be mixing the scriptural prophetic, allegoric things with personal things

This is when you get extremist religious people doing extremist things
we are to call Him Father for a lot of reasons.. all Good... not pleasant, but all good/ or right/eous..
the then Big Brother who been around and overcame it...... the son...a brother... but the Holy Spirit ( which is yet to be named) is to point all to Big Daddy and Big Brother for correction/ revelation and or new or old instruction...= judgement
which to most kids never looks angelic..

just like good moms do.....

Old 03-18-2020, 02:19 PM

he is a sweetness to those who move and change gently, to that riders gentle touches and cues ... that is true Meekness..
those people who respond like that get treated like that.. and those that will respond like that .. will rule the world..

but there is not a wilting flower around here in the whole bunch... don't fool yourselves.. you are not a wilting flower..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-18-2020 at 02:37 PM..

Old 03-18-2020, 02:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,467,233 times
Quote:
Quote:
and really that explains a lot...
Indeed, it is one of the reasons that I NEVER followed extreme fundamentalist beliefs. Most of which do not make a bit of sense to someone who is able to use reasoning. And, that of having a rational mind. Which is a quality of open mindedness, not merely that of blind faith and ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity