Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2020, 11:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
The books of Enoch, from which the apostles quoted, and from which 'Jude Didymus Thomas,' the half brother to Jesus, quotes verbatim, were cherished by the early Christians right up until the 4th century, when, under the ban of dogmatic Authorities of the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, such as Jerome, Hilary, and Augustine, the eventually passed out of circulation and were lost for Millennia.?

From where did the apostles learn that the sons of God were chained in darkness until the day of their consummation. Not in the Hebrew Bible nor the Roman Old Testament.

Peter speaks of the fiery end to this universe after which, God will create for us a new Heavens and a new Earth. From where did Peter receive this teaching.

Enoch was carried to the ends of this world, where he witnessed the heavens burn up and fall as massive columns of fire beyond all measure in height and depth, into the Great Abyss/Black Hole, which he describes as the prison of all the stars and the host of heaven. I could go on, but why bother. Who wrote the books of the Torah after the Temple scrolls were burned by the troops of Nebuchadnezzar?
Where does it say that the Temple Scrolls were burned?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 02:48 AM

3,061 posts, read 913,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As I told you, scholars are not talking about copies. 1 Enoch was written during the 2nd temple period. It was not written by Enoch. You're simply parading your ignorance by claiming that 1 Enoch was actually written by Enoch.

According to the Bible, Moses was a prophet to whom God directly spoke. It's also entirely possible that Moses (who by the way did not write all of Genesis) had written records available to him. But 1 Enoch was not one of them.

Now, if you're in pursuit of the truth as you claim to be, then learn what the scholars say about 1 Enoch.

That's as far as I'm going with this.
The biblical scholars tell me that Mary from the tribe of Levi, was an ever virgin, who gave birth to a genetic descendant of King David, with no male semen ever having been introduced into her uterus, do I believe those biblical scholars?

Not on your sweet life old mate, not on your sweet life.

Genesis 5: 23; Enoch was 365 and had spent his life in fellowship with God when he disappeared because God had Taken him.

Hebrews 11: 5; "By faith Enoch was Translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

Enoch, the most important man in the OT and the NT, and yet he has been rejected by both the Jewish church and the Roman church of Emperor Constantine.

You really don't have a clue, do you son, Jesus was reborn on earth, after Enoch had been in the spiritual dimension that co-exists within our three dimensional universe for three days, or three periods of one thousand years.

The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord' face.
[Archistratege. Or, "the commander of the armies of the nations, named Michael."]

Hebrew 12: 24; “You have come to Jesus, who arranged THE NEW COVENANT, and the sprinkled blood that promises much better things than does the blood of Abel.”

And the Most-High, (who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel, which could save but one man) said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.

It was to the living spirit of Enoch, that the righteous spirits of his post-flood descendants were gathered in the creation of the Great and glorious simulacrum at the ends of time, which Simulacrum is the sacrifice that God has prepared for us, and the blue-print of the new Temple of God [The glorious incorruptible bodies of Light] which are to replace his old temporary earthly tabernacle/tent The Body of Mankind] as the ruler of the creation, of which Enoch was the chosen cornerstone, and that Simulacrum, which is born of the spirits of man, “THE SON OF MAN”, dies in the process of involution, to be the saviour of we in evolution.

This he does by releasing all the righteous spirits that are He, from the least to the greatest, and the man Enoch from the old world that was destroyed by water was the first to be released, but not until he had learned through suffering to become perfect in his ascension and evolution, and was born again as the man Jesus.

1 Peter; 1: 20-21; He was chosen by God before the creation of the world. (Not the creation of the world that was destroyed by water, but the creation of this world which is destined to be destroyed by fire, before God creates for us a new heaven and a new earth) and was revealed in these last days for your sake. Through him you believe in God, who raised him from death and gave him glory; and so your faith and hope are fixed on God.The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord"s face.
[Archistratege. Or, "the commander of the armies of the nations, named Michael."]

Hebrew 12: 24; “You have come to Jesus, who arranged THE NEW COVENANT, and the sprinkled blood that promises much better things than does the blood of Abel.”
And the Most-High, (who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel, which could save but one man) said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.

It was to the living spirit of Enoch, that the righteous spirits of his post-flood descendants were gathered in the creation of the Great and glorious simulacrum at the ends of time, which Simulacrum is the sacrifice that God has prepared for us, and the blue-print of the new Temple of God [The glorious incorruptible bodies of Light] which are to replace his old temporary earthly tabernacle/tent [The Body of Mankind] as the ruler of the creation, of which Enoch was the chosen cornerstone, and that Simulacrum, which is born of the spirits of man, “THE SON OF MAN”, dies in the process of involution, to be the saviour of we in evolution.

This he does by releasing all the righteous spirits that are He, from the least to the greatest, and the man Enoch from the old world that was destroyed by water was the first to be released, but not until he had learned through suffering to become perfect in his ascension and evolution, and was born again as the man Jesus.

1 Peter; 1: 20-21; He was chosen by God before the creation of the world. Not the creation of the world that was destroyed by water, but the creation of this world which is destined to be destroyed by fire, before God creates for us a new heaven and a new earth) and was revealed in these last days for your sake. Through him you believe in God, who raised him from death and gave him glory; and so your faith and hope are fixed on God.

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory." [Enoch, is the one who was anointed as the successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation: CHRIST=The anointed one]

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

365, is the number of days in a calendar year. The Lamb of God who takes on the sins of the world is to be a one-ear old unblemished Lamb. Enoch the ANOINTED one, who was taken to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation at the age of 365 is the unblemished Lamb of God.

365, is the number of days in a calendar year. The Lamb of God who takes on the sins of the world is to be a one-year old unblemished Lamb. Enoch the ANOINTED one, who was taken to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation at the age of 365 is the unblemished Lamb of God.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it say that the Temple Scrolls were burned?...
2 kings 25: 13-16; The Babylonians broke in pieces the bronze columns and the carts that were in the Temple, together with the large bronze tank, and they took all the bronze to Babylon. 14They also took away the shovels and the ash containers used in cleaning the altar, the tools used in tending the lamps, the bowls used for catching the blood from the sacrifices, the bowls used for burning incense, and all the other bronze articles used in the temple service. 15They took away everything that was made of gold or silver, including the small bowls and the pans used for carrying live coals. 16The bronze objects that King Solomon had made for the Temple — the two columns, the carts, and the large tank — were too heavy to weigh. 17The two columns were identical: each one was eight metres high, with a bronze capital on top, 1.3 metres high. All round each capital was a bronze grating decorated with pomegranates made of bronze.5: 13-16.

No mention of the scrolls being taken. The rest of the temple was burned with fire.

The tent/tabernacle, which was kept in the Holy of Holies as with the ark of the covenant, were taken by Jeremiah, who was warned of the coming destruction, and hidden in a cave within the mountain that Moses had climbed to view the promised land before he died at the Lord's command, and they remain there even unto today.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
2 kings 25: 13-16; The Babylonians broke in pieces the bronze columns and the carts that were in the Temple, together with the large bronze tank, and they took all the bronze to Babylon. 14They also took away the shovels and the ash containers used in cleaning the altar, the tools used in tending the lamps, the bowls used for catching the blood from the sacrifices, the bowls used for burning incense, and all the other bronze articles used in the temple service. 15They took away everything that was made of gold or silver, including the small bowls and the pans used for carrying live coals. 16The bronze objects that King Solomon had made for the Temple — the two columns, the carts, and the large tank — were too heavy to weigh. 17The two columns were identical: each one was eight metres high, with a bronze capital on top, 1.3 metres high. All round each capital was a bronze grating decorated with pomegranates made of bronze.5: 13-16.

No mention of the scrolls being taken. The rest of the temple was burned with fire.

The tent/tabernacle, which was kept in the Holy of Holies as with the ark of the covenant, were taken by Jeremiah, who was warned of the coming destruction, and hidden in a cave within the mountain that Moses had climbed to view the promised land before he died at the Lord's command, and they remain there even unto today.
The Ark might be where the scrolls were placed within...

Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 31

26 “Take this Torah scroll and place it along side the ark of covenant of the Lord, your God, and it will be there as a witness.

Last edited by Richard1965; 01-19-2020 at 07:00 AM..

Old 01-19-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Ark might be where the scrolls were placed within...

Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 31

26 “Take this Torah scroll and place it along side the ark of covenant of the Lord, your God, and it will be there as a witness.
Perhaps an original Torah still exists, which when revealed again, will prove how corrupt the modern translations have become.

Nevertheless the Torah and the prophets had to be rewritten in Babylon from the oral traditions that were handed down through the generations.

Old 01-19-2020, 10:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
No. I mean that 1 Enoch is pseudepigrapha literature which according to scholars was composed by different authors over a long period of time from the 3rd century BC to the 1st century BC (possibly as late as the 1st century AD) Therefore Moses did not quote from 1 Enoch.
Back to the First book of Enoch. It consists of five main parts, which can be subdivided. These parts were composed at different times and never meant as a unity.

The Book of Watchers (§1-36): a third century BCE text on the Last Judgment and the reason why God will judge harshly.
introduction (§1-5): the Last Judgment;
narrative (§6-36): the fallen angels, their children by mortal women, the corruption of mankind, Enoch's unsuccessful intercession for the fallen angels, a vision of mankind's doom, and Enoch's journey to Earth, Hell, and Heaven.

You can read the rest of it here. https://www.livius.org/sources/about/1-enoch/
Arent the 'Watchers' supposedly a type or class of angels, that has a certain responsibility?

Old 01-20-2020, 09:03 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Arent the 'Watchers' supposedly a type or class of angels, that has a certain responsibility?
The terms 'angels' and 'watchers' are pretty much synonymous terms. According to Old Testament scholar Michael Heiser, the term 'angel' itself refers more to a job description. The angels are at the lower end of the ladder, being messengers. Above them are Cherubim and seraphim.

Old 01-21-2020, 12:36 AM

The Watchers, were heavenly observers, who, after seeing how beautiful were the daughters of man, then and only then decided to have sex with them.

The book of Enoch the prophet 6: 1-5; And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' 3. And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' 4. And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' 5. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:48 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
The Watchers, were heavenly observers, who, after seeing how beautiful were the daughters of man, then and only then decided to have sex with them.

The book of Enoch the prophet 6: 1-5; And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' 3. And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' 4. And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' 5. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.
The word 'watchers' does not refer only to the 200 angels which 1 Enoch says took human wives. In the Bible the word 'watchers' is used only in the book of Daniel where it refers to holy angels in Daniel 4:13, 17, and 23.

Old 01-21-2020, 12:23 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
The word 'watchers' does not refer only to the 200 angels which 1 Enoch says took human wives. In the Bible the word 'watchers' is used only in the book of Daniel where it refers to holy angels in Daniel 4:13, 17, and 23.
Right! Those watchers are to watch.... the angels are the messengers

I believe also Christians are told to watch and be messengers, and also while being in the world, not to be a part of the world... they are to look up for the eternal kingdom while still being a part of our earthly communities

Mat 26:40 And He came to the disciples and found them sleeping. And He said to Peter, So! Were you not able to watch one hour with Me?
Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that you do not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is eager, but the flesh is weak.

Luk 21:8 And He said, Watch that you not be led astray. For many will come on My name, saying, I AM! Also, The time has come! Do not go after them.
Luk 21:9 And when you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be afraid. For these things must first occur, but the end is not at once.

We are not to fear about our earthly ‘flesh’ ‘natural man’ which needs to learn how to love God and neighbour as ourselves, as long as we are already doing that (loving God and neighbour) we do not need to be afraid

Love casts out fear

Also Daniel, and the other prophets were looking forward to ‘the last days’ they were not writing about themselves but to the ones that were alive at the time when the prophetic things would have fulfillment the ‘last days’ which the acts of the apostles refer to

Act 2:8 And how do we hear each in our own dialect in which we were born,
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and those living in Mesopotamia, both Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
Act 2:10 both Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt, and the regions of Libya over against Cyrene, and the temporarily residing Romans, both Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretans and Arabians; in our own languages we hear them speaking the great deeds of God?
Act 2:12 And all were amazed and puzzled, saying to one another, What would this wish to be?
Act 2:13 But ridiculing, others said, They are full of sweet wine.
Peter's Sermon at Pentecost

Act 2:14 But standing up with the Eleven, Peter lifted up his voice and spoke out to them, Men, Jews, and all those living in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to my words:
Act 2:15 For these are not drunk, as you imagine, for it is the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16 But this is that which has been spoken by the prophet Joel,
Act 2:17 "And it shall be" in the last days, God says, "I will pour from My Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy;" "and your young men shall see visions," "and your old men shall dream dreams;"
Act 2:18 "and also I will pour out My Spirit on My slaves and slave women in those days," and they shall prophesy.

The Supremacy of God's Son

Heb 1:1 In many ways and in various ways of old, God spoke to the fathers in the prophets;
Heb 1:2 in these last days He spoke to us in the Son, whom He appointed heir of all; through whom He indeed made the ages;
Heb 1:3 who being the shining splendor of His glory, and the express image of His essence, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, having made purification of our sins through Himself, He sat down on the right of the Majesty on high, Psa. 110:1
Heb 1:4 having become so much better than the angels, He has inherited a name more excellent than they.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity