Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2022, 03:49 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No one is arguing the birth of Christ was not good news for humanity, but that, in and of itself, doesn’t mean everyone is saved.

The purpose He has cherished within himself to restore the whole creation in Christ...

Old 10-20-2022, 06:52 AM

4,621 posts, read 1,168,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

The purpose He has cherished within himself to restore the whole creation in Christ...
The seed of the serpent isnt in Christ. Was the devil chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world ? Was the devil made in the Image of God and sin in Adam. That which will be restored is that which was originally created in the Image of God. The serpent and his seed dont fit that category.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha LOL, That's right! It was actually Bad Tidings of Great Sorrow For All People!!! Love you my brother, Rosey!!
Was the Gospel glad tidings to them that persecuted and killed the Prophets, the Lord Jesus Christ, His Apostles ?

Was it glad tidings to them Jesus said they hated Him ? Jn 15:18,25

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Didnt Christ preach the Gospel ?

Old 10-20-2022, 08:39 AM

553 posts, read 171,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Was the Gospel glad tidings to them that persecuted and killed the Prophets, the Lord Jesus Christ, His Apostles ?

Was it glad tidings to them Jesus said they hated Him ? Jn 15:18,25

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Didnt Christ preach the Gospel ?
Christ did preach the Good News: Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

You preach something alien to the heart of flesh, but one very appropriate to a heart of stone.

Old 10-20-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
Christ did preach the Good News: Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

You preach something alien to the heart of flesh, but one very appropriate to a heart of stone.
No one said Christ didnt preach the Gospel. There was one incident in Luke 4 where He preached the Gospel and the hearers wanted to toss Him over a cliff and kill Him. So was it Good News to them ? Lk 4:14-30

Quote:
14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?

23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

Old 10-20-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post

The Lord is indeed kind to the wicked & full of mercy. His intention is to produce replicas of himself in those who are within him.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:00 PM

95. “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying; neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.” (Rev. 21:4)

The doctrine of eternal weeping, eternal sighing, eternal sorrow, eternal pain, is false; false as the Bible is true. We read, in the Scriptures, of the second death, yet, if we read of thirty deaths, it would be no argument against ultimate restoration. The time is to come, when “THERE SHALL BE NO MORE DEATH.”

96. "if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us,” (1 John 5:14

God calls for all good people to pray for the salvation of all men, which he could not do, if it were opposed to his will. If we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us. “The desire of the righteous shall be granted.” (Prov. 10:24)

Old 10-20-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
95. “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying; neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.” (Rev. 21:4)

The doctrine of eternal weeping, eternal sighing, eternal sorrow, eternal pain, is false; false as the Bible is true. We read, in the Scriptures, of the second death, yet, if we read of thirty deaths, it would be no argument against ultimate restoration. The time is to come, when “THERE SHALL BE NO MORE DEATH.”

96. "if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us,” (1 John 5:14

God calls for all good people to pray for the salvation of all men, which he could not do, if it were opposed to his will. If we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us. “The desire of the righteous shall be granted.” (Prov. 10:24)
Rev 21:4;n1Jn 5:14 apply to the elect. There are some people believers are told not to pray for 1 Jn 5:16

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Neither did Jesus pray for all to believe and be saved Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

All are not Gods, some belong to the seed of the serpent

Old 10-20-2022, 02:11 PM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Rev 21:4;n1Jn 5:14 apply to the elect. There are some people believers are told not to pray for 1 Jn 5:16

Attached Thumbnails
Universalism - all aspects - pro and con-polly.jpg  

Old 10-20-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
Jesus said to some Jn 8:42-44

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Ye better take heed and come out of the world of fantasy and make believe friend. All dont belong to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity