Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 09:44 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,020,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He doesn't believe in correction. He wants vengeance as do most humans who have not experienced God's unconditional love as I have, Rosey.
My brother: he shall be enhanced in a large moment standing in the Blaze of all blazes! The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, God's unconditional love never ceases, it is new every morning bathed in faithfulness!

“The prophet who foresees that “He shall deliver the needy, when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper” (Psalm 72:12); no less declares that He “loveth righteousness and hateth iniquity” (Psalm 45:5, 7; Heb. 1:9), and that “He cometh to judge the world with equity and the people with His truth” (Psalm 96:13). Some of His elect may think, that, because they are elect, He will not judge them. But because He is the Truth, He must judge all wrong, and judge it even more in those who know and are near Him, than in those who know Him not. For He reveals Him who said of old, “You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore will I punish you for your iniquities” (Amos 3:2) - Andrew Jukes-

Old 10-01-2020, 10:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
He doesn't believe in correction. He wants vengeance as do most humans who have not experienced God's unconditional love as I have, Rosey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My brother: he shall be enhanced in a large moment standing in the Blaze of all blazes! The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, God's unconditional love never ceases, it is new every morning bathed in faithfulness!

“The prophet who foresees that “He shall deliver the needy, when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper” (Psalm 72:12); no less declares that He “loveth righteousness and hateth iniquity” (Psalm 45:5, 7; Heb. 1:9), and that “He cometh to judge the world with equity and the people with His truth” (Psalm 96:13). Some of His elect may think, that, because they are elect, He will not judge them. But because He is the Truth, He must judge all wrong, and judge it even more in those who know and are near Him, than in those who know Him not. For He reveals Him who said of old, “You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore will I punish you for your iniquities” (Amos 3:2) - Andrew Jukes-
Punishment for the sake of punishment itself is void of any justice, and does not lead to the action of restoring someone to former privileges or reputation after a period of disfavor. It would only amount to revenge or retaliation; an adverse action without the opportunity to be corrected or reformed as a productive member of society, having relinquished an immoral, criminal, or self-destructive lifestyle.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:04 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Punishment for the sake of punishment itself is void of any justice, and does not lead to the action of restoring someone to former privileges or reputation after a period of disfavor. It would only amount to revenge or retaliation; an adverse action without the opportunity to be corrected or reformed as a productive member of society, having relinquished an immoral, criminal, or self-destructive lifestyle.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
If I am to be judged as an old goat, and who knows, that just might be the case, only the Lord will make that determination. But if I am under God's curse for the sins and mistakes of my past, of which there has been many in my 78 years on this earth, and if I am sent away to the eternal fire that God has prepared for Satan and his angels, it will not be for refining and purification, it will be for the death of this mind and the minds of all my fellow brother goats.

The everlasting punishment of everlasting oblivion, never again to experience Joy or suffering, well being or pain. for death is the penalty for unrepentant sinners.

The refining and purification is happening right now.

I’ve left them in the desert, on the beach and in the snow
On the mountain tops, the river beds, in fact everywhere I go
Tiny footprints, indentations to mark the pathways that I’ve trod
And yet they vanish from the sight all, except the piercing eyes of God

And he’s always been inside me, since the day I ceased to crawl
He watched me take my first small step, saw me stumble, he saw me fall
Life lets me make me own mistakes, and god, how many have I made
But thank the Lord I’ve learnt from them, that’s how life's game is played

The life I’ve lived, the guilt, the shame, but I wouldn’t change a dot
Cos it’s made me who I am today, and to me that means a lot
I’ll never be an Einstein, a Rembrandt or Khayyam
But I’ve gained a greater inner peace, and I’m content with who I am

Undoubtedly I’ll fall again, mistakes will knock me off my feet
But they’ll be new encounters mate, past sins I’ll not repeat
For I store the memory of my crimes, like others store their gold
And my treasure house keeps growing as my future life unfolds.... The Anointed.

From a 'COPY' of the Book of Enoch, which 'COPY' was written some 300 years before Jesus.

The Book of Enoch---[Chapter 1]
1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be 2 living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless ARE TO BE REMOVED. And he took up his parable and said -Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is 3 for to come. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:

The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,
[And appear from His camp]
And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

5 And all shall be smitten with fear
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

6 And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame

7 And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,
And all that is upon the earth shall perish,
And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

Zephaniah 1: 2-3; The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, 3all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end — a sudden end — to everyone who lives on earth.

8 But with the righteous He will make peace.

And will protect the elect,
And mercy shall be upon them.

And they shall all belong to God,
And they shall be prospered,
And they shall all be blessed.

And He will help them all,
And light shall appear unto them,
And He will make peace with them'.

9 (And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly: And to convict all flesh Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.)
See Jude verse 14.
He will remove the wickedness and ungodliness within the human heart and mind, saving the man himself.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:29 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,300 times
Quote:
Do you believe that you would have experienced God's unconditional love, if you had spat in his face and accused him of committing heinous crimes against mankind?

Is your Lord not a God of Justice, a God who has given all mankind the choice of life or death, leaving that decision for each individual to make.

Does he make a law that says they who continue to sin and are unrepentant for those sins against their fellow man will die, then change his mind?

That Law is written on your heart and is the law that you impose on the society around you. Do not steal from me or mine: Do you steal from others, even from your government?

Do not harm me or mine: Do you harm others?

Do not sleep with my partner: Have you slept with your neighbors partner, etc, etc?

It is not God who convicts you as being a law breaker, it is you yourself who has broken the very law that you impose on others, who is your judge,

Old 10-01-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
He will remove the wickedness and ungodliness within the human heart and mind, saving the man himself.
And he will do this by removing the heart=body and the mind=spirit and give to that empty soul a new body in which a new mind will develop.

Hypothetically speaking, The man had committed a capital crime for which the penalty was death, he was given two choices, he could receive a lethal injection, after which his dead body would be incinerated in a crematorium, or he could receive an injection that would destroy every memory that he had, and while in an induced coma, he would be reprogramed with a new set of memories.

Does it really matter which choice he makes, either way, once he received the needle of his choice. he would be dead.

The meat would live, but flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom of God, and the mind which is the potential child of God, would be no more. But perhaps with that new set of memories as a foundation, a new more righteous spirit might develop, before that lump of animated meat is returned to the universal elements from which it was created.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that there should be no laws? What sort of society would we live in today if there were no laws, and no punishment for those who would invade your home and rape your wife and children?

Punishment for the sake of revealing to all, that which will and will not be accepted in the new society, is known as Justice for the victim

What sort of punishment would you wish on someone who had murdered your family.

There was a young man in our town, who raped and murdered a six year old girl who lived next door, he had put her torn little body in a rubbish bag and stuffed it into the boot of his car, but the body was discovered before he had a chance to dispose of it.

After 20 years of a life sentence, and believed by the parole board that after 20 years of correction he had been reformed, he was set loose on the unsuspecting people of another town, where after three months another little girl was found in the bush just outside of that town, stuffed in a rubbish bag.

That person is now back in Jail, dreaming of the day some bleeding heart idiots will release him once again.

If you were to leave a loaded shotgun in a children's play ground, and a child was killed by that Gun, who do you think should be held responsible for that child's death?

Old 10-01-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
And he will do this by removing the heart=body and the mind=spirit and give to that empty soul a new body in which a new mind will develop.

Hypothetically speaking, The man had committed a capital crime for which the penalty was death, he was given two choices, he could receive a lethal injection, after which his dead body would be incinerated in a crematorium, or he could receive an injection that would destroy every memory that he had, and while in an induced coma, he would be reprogramed with a new set of memories.

Does it really matter which choice he makes, either way, once he received the needle of his choice. he would be dead.

The meat would live, but flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom of God, and the mind which is the potential child of God, would be no more. But perhaps with that new set of memories as a foundation, a new more righteous spirit might develop, before that lump of animated meat is returned to the universal elements from which it was created.
If every thought, deed or action of man were evil or wicked as you claim, none would survive. However, I have not seen that kind of evil embodied in flesh; in human form, from one's conception to death, where they have taken their first and last breath. In other words, I have never seen an infant chew the nipple off their mother because they were born evil and wicked. Perhaps, I have a bit more hope for humanity. And the love of God for all those who have erred or lost their way, rather than that goat you continually feed.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
If every thought, deed or action of man were evil or wicked as you claim, none would survive. However, I have not seen that kind of evil embodied in flesh; in human form, from one's conception to death, where they have taken their first and last breath. In other words, I have never seen an infant chew the nipple off their mother because they were born evil and wicked. Perhaps, I have a bit more hope for humanity. And the love of God for all those who have erred or lost their way, rather than that goat you continually feed.
Did you read my previous post #1897?

Old 10-01-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Do you believe that there should be no laws? What sort of society would we live in today if there were no laws, and no punishment for those who would invade your home and rape your wife and children?

Punishment for the sake of revealing to all, that which will and will not be accepted in the new society, is known as Justice for the victim

What sort of punishment would you wish on someone who had murdered your family.

There was a young man in our town, who raped and murdered a six year old girl who lived next door, he had put her torn little body in a rubbish bag and stuffed it into the boot of his car, but the body was discovered before he had a chance to dispose of it.

After 20 years of a life sentence, and believed by the parole board that after 20 years of correction he had been reformed, he was set loose on the unsuspecting people of another town, where after three months another little girl was found in the bush just outside of that town, stuffed in a rubbish bag.

That person is now back in Jail, dreaming of the day some bleeding heart idiots will release him once again.

If you were to leave a loaded shotgun in a children's play ground, and a child was killed by that Gun, who do you think should be held responsible for that child's death?
Of course, I believe we need laws, but remember, you are not God, who is able to renew every life, heart and mind. And have no doubt that what you speak is a form of human justice at its worst and best, often times without mercy; an eye for an eye. I told you month's back that I would have no problem sentencing that man to death, but then I am not God - the one who can renew and restore all life on this planet, rather than destroy it which is a human trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity