Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2019, 07:57 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridatta View Post
Universal spirituality is the solution for these problems.. The Universal Spirituality is the basic universal knowledge or philosophy. The one God, who created this entire creation and who is the kind Father of all humanity, preached the same common universal knowledge to people in different places and times. The Universal Religion is the universal practical path of worshipping that one God and maintaining justice and peace in the world. The mode of worship is a part of culture and the variations in it are a matter of personal choice. The spirituality and religion are thus the theoretical and practical parts of the spiritual path and both are universal.

Universal Spirituality and Universal Religion have been established by God Datta now through this Datta Swami. Earlier, Shri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa had experienced the unity of all religions by practicing every religion for some time. Śaṅkara had similarly, established the unity of all the sub-religions within Hinduism. Shri Shirdi Sai Baba and Shri Satya Sai Baba too had established the unity of world religions. Every religion will lead a person to the same God. So, conversion to another religion is the biggest foolishness that any devotee can do. When all roads lead to the same center, is it not the height of foolishness to leave your road and laterally cross over to another road that leads to the same center? Good times for this entire world are very near. This Universal Spirituality and Religion will bring tremendous unity among all religions. You said that you are following the philosophy of Hinduism. In the spiritual knowledge or philosophy there is no name of any religion since knowledge is always universal.
Parents take complete care of their children during their childhood. The efforts taken by the parents for their children is service, which is also known as the sacrifice of work. Finally, the parents also transfer all their wealth to their children through their will. This transferring of the wealth is called the sacrifice of the fruit of their work since wealth is the fruit of work. So, the sacrifice of the parents for the sake of their children in terms of the sacrifice of work and the fruit of work is complete. Yet most parents save some wealth for their own old age believing that they will live until they become old. They feel there is a risk in sacrificing their entire wealth to their issues while they are still alive. There is a possibility that if their children are not good, they might not take care of the parents in the future when the parents become old. Sometimes, even if the children are good they could be incapable of serving their parents due to some unfortunate circumstances.

The case of God is different from one’s children. God is not bad; He is extremely good. He is also never incapable. In fact, He is omnipotent. Another important difference is that while one’s children are seen with one’s eyes, God is not seen. There is insecurity for those who depend on the children who are seen by their eyes. But there is complete security for those who depend on the unseen God. Ignorant souls only believe in perception. Giving more importance to their unreliable children who are seen, they shower their real love upon the children. The proof of real love is karma yoga. The sacrifice of work and the fruit of work together are called karma yoga. It is the proof of real love since we practically serve and sacrifice our money only for those whom we truly love. Ignorant people truly love only their children and so they do this karma yoga only for their children who are unreliable. They do not truly love God and they do not do karma yoga for Him even though He is supremely reliable, just because He is unseen. Real devotees are the ones who believe in God through inference. They believe in the unseen, unimaginable God by observing His miracles which are visible but unimaginable. Inference, of course, includes perception since the miracles are perceived. This mentality of the majority of human beings is the climax of blind ignorance. Such blind ignorance is actually not based on either perception or inference but is based only on solidified worldly fascination!

Not only can one adopt any mode of worship, but one can also pray to any form of God belonging to any religion, based on one’s personal liking. The different forms of God of various religions are not different since the one and only God exists in every one of them. When this is the truth of even the forms of God in different religions, then what to speak of the different modes of prayer in religions?
One can adopt any mode of prayer of any religion if you like it. This is the basic right of every person in the Universal Religion, which is based on Universal Spirituality.

You must first know that God is the greatest as said in the Veda (Na tat samaḥ) and in the Gita (Mattaḥ parataram...). The common object of all the above rituals and forms of worships is the same greatest unimaginable God existing in different divine forms. From the point of view of the common God who is the greatest, every worship becomes the greatest. Similarly, all religions are like different roads converging to the common center, which is the greatest God. Hence, every religion is the greatest.
We should get rid of all fanatic behavior towards our religion. It causes us to look upon other religions as inferior to our religion. Every religion says that God alone created this earth and humanity on it. If the Gods of different religions were different, there would have been different earths. But unfortunately, there is only one earth. So, we are forced to accept the existence of only one God! The God of the other religion is also the God who created us and the God of our religion is also the God who created them. There is only one God and one created earth! The external names and forms of the same God differ from religion to religion, but the internal God is only one. If you disrespect the form and the name of the God of another religion, you are disrespecting the God of your own religion. Do you respect a person only when he wears a certain dress and disrespect the same person when he wears another dress?
The idea that every religion will lead a person to the same God is one of the teachings of New Age religion, but is simply not true. That should be obvious since one religion may teach something that contradicts what another religion teaches. Not every religion can be right. A religion that teaches exclusivity is in opposition to a religion that is inclusive.

Jesus said the He and He alone is the way to the Father. No man can come to the Father except though Him. If that's true, and I believe that it is, than the various religions of the world can not lead anyone to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:01 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridatta View Post
Every religion will lead a person to the same God.
So, conversion to another religion is the biggest foolishness that any devotee can do. When all roads lead to the same center, is it not the height of foolishness to leave your road
and laterally cross over to another road that leads to the same center? !

Not only can one adopt any mode of worship, but one can also pray to any form of God belonging to any religion, based on one’s personal liking.
The different forms of God of various religions are not different since the one and only God exists in every one of them.

The common object of all the above rituals and forms of worships is the same greatest unimaginable God existing in different divine forms.
From the point of view of the common God who is the greatest, every worship becomes the greatest. Similarly, all religions are like different roads converging to the common center, which is the greatest God. Hence, every religion is the greatest.
We should get rid of all fanatic behavior towards our religion. It causes us to look upon other religions as inferior to our religion.

If you disrespect the form and the name of the God of another religion,
you are disrespecting the God of your own religion.
Do you respect a person only when he wears a certain dress and
disrespect the same person when he wears another dress?
Funny that people don't realize all Paths lead to Rome.
Some good points, sridatta.

God is like a Diamond ...with many facets...if you are from one culture the reflection you see
is a man with a beard...another culture from a different angle sees a man with flute...
yet another sees something different that reflects their culture and understanding.

I didn't make that up...too clever for me to have done that!!

And this idea will be rejected by many that think theirs IS the ONLY Way.
One of the misinterpretations in the New Testament ...Yes, Jesus is the Way, but what WAS Jesus...the Word,
(which does not mean words on paper)....but the Word that was in the beginning...
which runs through everything, permeates All...that is the direct line the only way to God, the Father...
and in stillness can directly be felt...and then you can know what I mean.

Just as a word is a vibration this is The Vibration, Sound Current, Primal or primordial Force in All.
So not some new idea...just understanding Jesus' words differently...and not lessening any respect
for Jesus...in fact understanding him better...
And. oh, this will be laughed at by those that believe in the
traditional interpretation of Jesus' words, I know!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 07-21-2019 at 08:19 AM..

Old 07-21-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Funny that people don't realize all Paths lead to Rome.
Some good points, sridatta.
It's unfortunate that false teachings such as this are being promoted on the Christianity forum which supposedly is about Christianity, which is exclusive. Jesus said that no one comes to the Father except through Him. And so, no, all roads do not lead to Rome according to Jesus.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's unfortunate that false teachings such as this are being promoted on the Christianity forum which supposedly is about Christianity, which is exclusive. Jesus said that no one comes to the Father except through Him. And so, no, all roads do not lead to Rome according to Jesus.
Hi, Note: I added to the post you quoted...so you will have WAY more to complain about now!

What some call false teachings, mind you, are just different interpretations of the same words;
not anti Christian.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Hi, Note: I added to the post you quoted...so you will have WAY more to complain about now!

What some call false teachings, mind you, are just different interpretations of the same words;
not anti Christian.
That Jesus is the only way to the Father is one of the essential teachings of the Christian faith. It cannot be compromised. Any teaching to the contrary is a direct attack on Christianity. The New Age teachings to which you adhere are indeed anti-Christian whether you realize it or not.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
That Jesus is the only way to the Father is one of the essential teachings of the Christian faith. It cannot be compromised. Any teaching to the contrary is a direct attack on Christianity. The New Age teachings to which you adhere are indeed anti-Christian whether you realize it or not.
Absolute nonsense.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
He IS the only way to the Father...you must understand who Jesus was (is) made manifest ...and then ya got it!
The Word is the direct, non-stop line, right to the Father, yes.

(I'm actually not a 'New-ager')...I understand what Jesus meant differently, is all...
and from personal experience of experiencing this Word.

I do know, all too well, the essential beliefs of the religion, group, exclusive club of
Christianity ...they are all in The Nicene Creed...
I am not part of the essential or traditional group called Christianity.
Oh, and no attack, just a different understanding of what Jesus was saying...He IS the Way to the Father.
The Word is...and that Word can be experienced by a young tribesman in the jungles of South America.
(The Word that was in the beginning is /was not limited to one man's body...that's actually kinda funny.)

God is just everywhere to be experienced. ..I know that is hard for traditional Christians to get.
Oh well. I'm not here to convince you of anything...just saying what I have experienced personally...
not from any book or anyone else's interpretation of their experience....I don't trust them...
especially from their early perspectives. Yikes.
Nor should you trust me...Have a direct exp yourself .....by being still...and voilà !

Now, even you can't find any argument on being still~!
Jesus went off in solitude to be still
and commune with the Father all the time!

Old 07-21-2019, 09:13 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Ah, but even within Christianity there is discussion about that verse that goes beyond the surface and the literal view of those words.

Not to a fundamentalist, of course, but since you correctly stated that this is the Christianity forum, it must be remembered that not all Christian churches are literalist.

Don't want to get into a tiresome back-and-forth again about whether the Bible is the literal Word of God, but I did want to note that there are other views within Christianity for whomever may be reading.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
He IS the only way to the Father...you must understand who Jesus was (is) made manifest ...and then ya got it!
The Word is the direct, non-stop line, right to the Father, yes.
Jesus is eternal and infinite God who incarnated as flesh to die on the cross for our sins. Jesus did not incarnate as Buddha or as any other 'spiritual' or religious leader. As a member of the human race Jesus came into the world through the virgin conception and birth. Jesus Christ is the Word of God. No one else is.

Quote:
(I'm actually not a 'New-ager')...I understand what Jesus meant differently, is all...
and from personal experience of experiencing this Word.

I do know, all too well, the essential beliefs of the religion, group, exclusive club of
Christianity ...they are all in The Nicene Creed...
I am not part of the essential or traditional group called Christianity.
Oh, and no attack, just a different understanding of what Jesus was saying...He IS the Way to the Father.
The Word is...and that Word can be experienced by a young tribesman in the jungles of South America.
(The Word that was in the beginning is /was not limited to one man's body...that's actually kinda funny.)

God is just everywhere to be experienced. ..I know that is hard for traditional Christians to get.
Oh well. I'm not here to convince you of anything...just saying what I have experienced personally...
not from any book or anyone else's interpretation of their experience....I don't trust them...
especially from their early perspectives. Yikes.
Nor should you trust me...Have a direct exp yourself .....by being still...and voilà !

Now, even you can't find any argument on being still~!
Jesus went off in solitude to be still
and commune with the Father all the time!

Miss Hepburn, your beliefs are most definitely New Age. You believe in reincarnation, You believe that you have contact with people who have passed on to the other side. You believe that all religions lead to God. You don't believe that the Word is Jesus Christ alone. That's New Age whether you want to wear the label or not.

New Age beliefs and practices are attacks on Christianity. And sadly, New Age beliefs have infiltrated the church.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
...snip...

New Age beliefs and practices are attacks on Christianity. And sadly, New Age beliefs have infiltrated the church.
The "church" needed infiltrating. Look where the "Old Age" beliefs got us: slavery, drowning village medicine women, massacring innocents, and persecuting gays.

It badly needed some fresh thinking to eradicate the crap.

And it still has a long way to go, judging by how many fundies are clinging to that crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity