Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 02:35 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,616,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
ok, and i agree, but you were once fundamental. Take away fundamental, and you lose something that has a purpose, iow. Also if "what you resist, persists," then we may be doing more harm than good with a confrontational approach, causing those we would enlighten to just dig their heels in iow.
I do not disagree with that. But to quote their bible

And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

You'd understand if you have formerly been deep seated in bible fundamentalism.

Was Jesus wrong for calling them out for being blind leaders ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-27-2016 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
so you are Moses.
That was Charlton Heston. Do you actually hold to any convictions ?.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 11,060,399 times
Quote:
so you are Moses, and have just had God offer to annihilate them all, and start over with your seed; what would you do?

truth is unrelentingly brutal in a sense, i guess.
I believe you are thinking of Noah.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:15 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That was Charlton Heston. Do you actually hold to any convictions ?.
i was convicted that the analogy was an apt one

Old 09-27-2016, 03:17 PM

64,189 posts, read 40,756,225 times
Quote:
I do not disagree with that. But to quote their bible
And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
You'd understand if you have formerly been deep seated in bible fundamentalism.
Was Jesus wrong for calling them out for being blind leaders ?.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
i was convicted that the analogy was an apt one
Of your own.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Of your own.
are you not trying to lead people to a promised land? Moses was certainly more reluctant--and there is a lesson there--but you have to consider whether the comparison is not accurate enough but beyond that, just asking the question was really enough, wasn't it? What would you tell God there, with fundies in their place, making the same golden calf, actually the whole bit lol it has all the elements imo. Would you tell God to wipe them out? The hard answer is the right answer.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
are you not trying to lead people to a promised land? Moses was certainly more reluctant--and there is a lesson there--but you have to consider whether the comparison is not accurate enough but beyond that, just asking the question was really enough, wasn't it? What would you tell God there, with fundies in their place, making the same golden calf, actually the whole bit lol it has all the elements imo. Would you tell God to wipe them out? The hard answer is the right answer.
Not at all, what is your purpose here and do you have any convictions of your own?.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Not at all, what is your purpose here and do you have any convictions of your own?.
i don't think one can find Christ until they walk out their front door, physically leaving the world, even if they have to sleep under a bridge or worse after that. And don't come back until you crave silence. But i don't expect this from anyone else.

Purpose here, purpose here...kill fundies, same as you lol. i will never rest until the last fundie swears that fulfilling the law is salvation (Love Your Neighbor, iow), and red-letter is all one needs.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
i don't think one can find Christ until they walk out their front door, physically leaving the world, even if they have to sleep under a bridge or worse after that. And don't come back until you crave silence. But i don't expect this from anyone else.

Purpose here, purpose here...kill fundies, same as you lol
Magic mushrooms had the same effect on me too.

Do you have convictions of your own ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity