Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 09:59 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,004,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Evangelicals teach that only a FEW will be worthy of passing through the narrow gates..Can I now say there will be MANY, even a majority of people entering heaven?

Personally, I believe 95% will make it..how about you? what is your understanding?

And your evidence is???

Last edited by omega2xx; 09-19-2016 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
This is indeed the evangelical mentality..all are lost EXCEPT those like evangelicals---no one gets into heaven unless they are proven to be evangelical material.
You would have more credibility if you did not post things for which you have no evidence

Old 09-19-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If it is a mantra, then why am I not hearing it? Hundreds of thousands of Muslims are coming to Christ every year, so anyone who claims they are all lost does not know what they are saying.
If they become a Christian, they are no longer a Muslim. No one can serve 2 masters.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,645,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
By the Biblical standard, they are. However we NEVER say all Catholics are lost.
ah, who is "we?" Oneness Pentecostalism--those guys dealing out the "Holy Ghost" at the UN, would heartily disagree with you; at least a bunch of them would.
Quote:
Who is lost and who is not,is only a Christian standard because that is what God says. It is His standard, not ours.
well, rather than argue, i would suggest personally applying those, unless you want to attempt to justify those standards as equating with an ability to see into peoples' hearts. Otherwise, how does this standard alter, in any way, how i am supposed to treat my enemy, or my neighbor?

Are you not essentially going to end up @ "i have the truth, and they need it?" Shall we review the Pharisee's Prayer?

Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I live in Florida. I have never ran into a someone who calls himself a Christian and says he/she hates "brown people".
These secular fundies love to think their OPINIONS are facts. Their purpose is not to discuss, they bend over backwards to try and show Christians and Christianity in a bad light, However they only shine the light on themselves.

Last edited by omega2xx; 09-19-2016 at 11:03 AM..

Old 09-19-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I have never ran into a christian who blew up a health clinic either, but I now for a fact they exist..
By their fruits you shall know them

You shall not murder.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:12 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,645,674 times
Quote:
If it is a mantra, then why am I not hearing it? Hundreds of thousands of Muslims are coming to Christ every year, so anyone who claims they are all lost does not know what they are saying.
Muslims are called by the Qur'an to follow Christ anyway; they don't need to convert to Christianity for that. Regardless, i agree with the bottom, but that does not negate the fact that most fundie preachers hold some version of this to be true.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times
Quote:
If they become a Christian, they are no longer a Muslim. No one can serve 2 masters.
That's why it makes no sense to say "all muslims are lost" because it excludes the possibility of them coming to Christ, and yet it happens all the time. No one is lost as long as they are still breathing. Christianity has had its day in Europe, and even in US, now the Spirit is drawing people in places like mid-east, India and China and they are coming in like never before. Maybe we are getting nearer to the day when the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
well of course it is never put that way, but instead posits them as "the lost," who need their "help."
the Bible goes into some depth on this concept, and even states that the Word is given to confound those who wish to serve their own ego.
Where does it say that, or is just somehing else you have made up

Quote:
Just start quoting Christ to them, they seem to universally detest quotes from Christ
Now I know you are just here to make up things. No Christian detest quotes from Christ. I think you need a new secular fundie web site. The one you are using is making you look foolish.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:21 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,314,764 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ was the first evangelical to teach the verse you are referring to. I will let Him decide how many pass through the narrow gates. If you have a disagreement about the verse, your disagreement is with Him, not me. Knowing tens of millions of "brown people" follow Christ is good news to me, not something to be used to challenge His teachings.
Just trying to get an understanding of what the number difference is between the NARROW gate and the WIDE gate..

Is this truly something evangelicals have to insight about? Surely this mystery is easier to decipher than revelations??

As I say, I believe that 95% will be saved by grace...just wanted another "opinion."

Sorry if that was a wee bit challenging...

I guess not everyone knows their Scripture huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity