Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM

468 posts, read 266,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
That's the very reason your world changes - because you are a new creation in Christ. Scripture tells us that we are seated with Him, like Him and even as Him!
Even if you continue to live an empty , sinful life?

So now do your works have an eternal effect or not? Your running around the bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM

7,329 posts, read 6,954,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And from where do you get this?...
It starts with repentance ,Jesus said blessed are they that DO hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.
Righteousness is obedience to God from His perspective not man's .
Jesus emphasized the Love for God , this is not passive, it is desperate .
Jesus said strive to enter the strait gate .
Jesus said it is a narrow way, and few there be that find it.
Jesus said not every one that says to me Lord , Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus said my sheep know my voice.
What it really boils down to, is how much you love God, and want His approval.
If your treating God like He owes you something, your faith is twisted.
Jesus said ," the kingdom of heaven is like a man casting a net into the sea and drawing it out picks out what he wants and throws away the rest.
You think God owes you heaven because of what you THINK ?
Jesus said your works matter. they will be judged. even your idle conversation.
Did you ever read revelation and Jesus reprimand to the 7 churches in Asia?.
If you think God is full of compromise, your in the wrong faith.

Need the baptism of the Holy Spirit only Jesus can provide and show Him how desperate you are for it in your prayer life , He knows tour heart.
Start with setting aside every single thing any other man has said, including Paul.
Being obedient to the things you know Jesus taught. God is always observing your life and conversation
Jesus said the Holy spirit would continue his teaching .
Upon receiving the Holy Spirit some people receive tongues . they are not something you know from your own training, but they are a training into learning to listen and respond in an obedience beyond your understanding.
Part of intercessory prayer, is listening to God for instruction to know how to pray for those He puts on one's heart .
There are deceivers here that are frustrated, because they cannot manipulate God . they go through motions and memorize theologies and scriptures, but refrain from making a genuine commitment .
God does things extraordinary and does not fit science , He is far greater than that.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:55 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,210,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
Even if you continue to live an empty , sinful life?
Nope, sin has no dominion over me because I'm no longer under law, but grace!

Don't call unclean what God has made clean.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Nope, sin has no dominion over me because I'm no longer under law, but grace!

Don't call unclean what God has made clean.
I pity you
He Cleary states that some dogs return to the vomit and pigs to the mire , AFTER he had cleaned them.
And after this there remains no more sacrifice for sin.

But I guess there is always the possibility that I am misunderstanding your posts.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,960,847 times
Quote:
But I guess there is always the possibility that I am misunderstanding your posts.
I'd say you are. He is talking about the freedom we have in
Christ, and the fact that the forms and rules of the Law are not in effect, while you are talking about the demonstrabler fruit of ther Spirit as sactive in our lives.

More a difference in emphasis than in perception.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:11 PM

63,997 posts, read 40,292,590 times
Quote:
I pity you
He Cleary states that some dogs return to the vomit and pigs to the mire , AFTER he had cleaned them.
And after this there remains no more sacrifice for sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'd say you are. He is talking about the freedom we have in
Christ, and the fact that the forms and rules of the Law are not in effect, while you are talking about the demonstrable fruit of their Spirit as active in our lives.
More a difference in emphasis than in perception.
Why do so many seem to ignore the implications of the fact that God is NOT counting our sins against us??? That is the freedom we have in Christ. Why all this sin focus??? God wants our focus on agape love of God and each other and repentance when we don't as instructed by Jesus.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:42 AM

7,329 posts, read 6,954,266 times
If Paul's gospel invalidates Jesus gospel, then those saved under Jesus are lost .
Or Paul was wrong about grace law and love and works.

Old 01-09-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do so many seem to ignore the implications of the fact that God is NOT counting our sins against us??? That is the freedom we have in Christ. Why all this sin focus??? God wants our focus on agape love of God and each other and repentance when we don't as instructed by Jesus.
If God does not count our sin against us then Jesus died for nothing .
He came to save us from our sin , not in our sin.
Go reread the new testament with a new resilution for 2016 .
And that is to attempt to do at least a quarter of what it says in stead of about a dozen random verses.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:01 AM

Of course God wants you to focus on his love .
In a Lideral sense how can you focus on your wife's love while breaking your vows?
Its not possible .
And if you play the Harlet with the agreement you will eventually force him to let you go your own way.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:39 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,210,361 times
Quote:
If God does not count our sin against us then Jesus died for nothing .
He came to save us from our sin , not in our sin.
Go reread the new testament with a new resilution for 2016 .
And that is to attempt to do at least a quarter of what it says in stead of about a dozen random verses.
He put the penalty of our sin on Him - this is Christianity 101.

Why come here attacking people you know nothing about? To be carnally minded is death!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity