Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 06:38 AM

468 posts, read 268,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
This is an error in theology. The definition is "change of mind".
You have not met Jesus , or his blood .
He has not washed you or changed you if you have not repented .
The wages of sin is death .
His blood is a power that we can use here on earth with our own life not some cupout charm to try and plea after we die .
You are trying to change the very core of a word.
A relationship is the key and you are trying to have a threesom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 07:01 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,586,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
I would explain it this way .

Say you have a spouse that truly loves you .
I don't mean a cheap love I mean a true LOVE.
Then for whatever reason it may be one day you have an affair with another person.....

DONT CALL YOURSELF A LOVER OF GOD IF YOU CAN'T STAY LOYAL TO HIM!
You would love Hosea (sorry, a book in the Old Testament, that don't know it)....
the story of his wife Gomer...a metaphor of God's love.
It brings me to tears...the depth of love...

Old 01-06-2016, 07:43 AM

We all owed a dept to the king we could not pay so he forgave it .
But the man in the parable did not allow repentence to change him and found someone that owed him and threw him in prison .
Carfull with your attitude when you say your forgiven.
No one forgives an ass , not even God

Old 01-07-2016, 05:04 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,253,149 times
Quote:
You have not met Jesus , or his blood .
He has not washed you or changed you if you have not repented .
The wages of sin is death .
His blood is a power that we can use here on earth with our own life not some cupout charm to try and plea after we die .
You are trying to change the very core of a word.
A relationship is the key and you are trying to have a threesom.
Get your Greek on brother - "repent" in all of its uses in the New Testament is metanoeó - "change of mind".

Strong's Greek: 3340. ???????? (metanoeó) -- to change one's mind or purpose

Paul's first use of it in Romans is "repentance toward God, and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ." We must change our minds about who God is, from Judge to Daddy - and our whole world will change.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:18 PM

64,175 posts, read 40,616,798 times
Quote:
Get your Greek on brother - "repent" in all of its uses in the New Testament is metanoeó - "change of mind".

Paul's first use of it in Romans is "repentance toward God, and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ." We must change our minds about who God is, from Judge to Daddy - and our whole world will change.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:

So now if your whole world /life changed how can you disregard that a new nature must follow or you force God to cast out the tree that bares no fruit.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:26 AM

7,354 posts, read 6,998,632 times
The repentance Jesus is calling for, is the turning from self govern, to God's govern.
With out God's govern, one cannot honestly call Jesus Lord, Matthew 7;21,22,23,

Old 01-08-2016, 09:04 AM

21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone[a] who sins against me? Seven times?”

22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven![b]

23 “Therefore, the Kingdom of Heaven can be compared to a king who decided to bring his accounts up to date with servants who had borrowed money from him. 24 In the process, one of his debtors was brought in who owed him millions of dollars.[c] 25 He couldn’t pay, so his master ordered that he be sold—along with his wife, his children, and everything he owned—to pay the debt.
26 “But the man fell down before his master and begged him, ‘Please, be patient with me, and I will pay it all.’ 27 Then his master was filled with pity for him, and he released him and forgave his debt.
28 “But when the man left the king, he went to a fellow servant who owed him a few thousand dollars.[d] He grabbed him by the throat and demanded instant payment.

29 “His fellow servant fell down before him and begged for a little more time. ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it,’ he pleaded. 30 But his creditor wouldn’t wait. He had the man arrested and put in prison until the debt could be paid in full.
31 “When some of the other servants saw this, they were very upset. They went to the king and told him everything that had happened. 32 Then the king called in the man he had forgiven and said, ‘You evil servant! I forgave you that tremendous debt because you pleaded with me. 33 Shouldn’t you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?’ 34 Then the angry king sent the man to prison to be tortured until he had paid his entire debt.
35 “That’s what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters[e] from your heart.”

My point is,
A new being with fruit and works is just as important as the fact that the blood payed a dept we could never repay .
Not that I am instantly perfect!
I wasn't perfect when my wife came back either, there where old habits and repercussions that had to be painfully gone thru .
But the right attitude twords your forgiveness and what you know is wrong with a daily fight evident twords your goel is all that someone that truly loves you needs to see.
And if you sincerely fight to kill sin in your life with the power of his blood and his spirit to remind you when you stray it is possible.

A person that is no longer convicted when he sins has drowned out the still small voice and seared his consciance .
Then grabbed hold of the lie that the blood will take care of everything.
You still have a race that YOU must run .
Paul himself said that he must endure to the end .

Every sacrifice that you make in his name will lay up treasure In heaven .
From losing your life because some communist tells you to deny him to a cup of water or visiting the sick .

You think that you can do nothing and it's all belittling
What he's done for you?
Try telling that to the people who have been killed for Christs sake including most of the opostles.

Last edited by clickstack; 01-08-2016 at 09:26 AM..

Old 01-08-2016, 11:07 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,250,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The repentance Jesus is calling for, is the turning from self govern, to God's govern.
And from where do you get this?...

Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,253,149 times
Quote:
So now if your whole world /life changed how can you disregard that a new nature must follow or you force God to cast out the tree that bares no fruit.
That's the very reason your world changes - because you are a new creation in Christ. Scripture tells us that we are seated with Him, like Him and even as Him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity