Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 12:25 PM

13,652 posts, read 4,962,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
The point is that:

'Biblical Plagues Really Happened Says Scientists'
I didn't see any thing in the article that scientists say these plagues actually happened. The problem with this kind of article is, a bunch of scientists read the Bible and then look for possible scientific explanations for the phenomena. The article is full of "could have" statements. But if you believe these stories in the Bible are literally true, then you don't need any scientific explanation, because you consider them to be miracles. On the other hand, if you DON'T believe the stories are literally true, then there's no need to go looking for scientific explanations in the first place.

To me its a bit like scientists trying to explain scientifically how Icarus could have flown so close to the sun that his wings melted. Or how Apollo's golden chariot crossed the sky each day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 12:28 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,239,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
The KJV Bible is the truth and therefore the light of His words is the answer to what science are trying to fathom in the dark of our origins by their fallible men with their fallible devises in their fallen world.

The short cut to the truth is the KJV Bible, but science may never find that truth going the way they are going, thinking that the evolution theory is true.

I reckon a wake up call from God is going to have to be the revelation of the truth in Jesus Christ before any one would even consider the truth that science had been wrong about the evolution theory from the very beginning.
Are you just being sarcastic?

Just confused, you literally backed up what I said in my post about why most people roll their eyes at "bible logic".

Old 02-10-2015, 02:57 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,993,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Yes, truly pathetic how snopes ignore other evidence like the pillar on both sides of the Red Sea crossing placed there by King Solomon in commemorating the event starting at 17:50 at the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaN2acVMGC8

Spoiler alert!!! Snopes will be proven a liar!!!

Thanks for the UTUBE video! Very interesting! Too bad the lesser educated will proclaim it not true.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:18 PM

1,100 posts, read 797,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I didn't see any thing in the article that scientists say these plagues actually happened. The problem with this kind of article is, a bunch of scientists read the Bible and then look for possible scientific explanations for the phenomena. The article is full of "could have" statements. But if you believe these stories in the Bible are literally true, then you don't need any scientific explanation, because you consider them to be miracles. On the other hand, if you DON'T believe the stories are literally true, then there's no need to go looking for scientific explanations in the first place.

To me its a bit like scientists trying to explain scientifically how Icarus could have flown so close to the sun that his wings melted. Or how Apollo's golden chariot crossed the sky each day.
Actually, I believe the scientists were trying to do away with God's hand in the this account in the Bible by blaming it in global warming and volcanoes, but they failed miserably.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Are you just being sarcastic?
Nope.

Quote:
Just confused, you literally backed up what I said in my post about why most people roll their eyes at "bible logic".
It was prophesied that this would be the view of most people in the latter days until it is too late.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Those that believe in Jesus Christ should know that Jesus had validated the scripture to be true even the writings of Moses.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Old 02-10-2015, 03:29 PM

299 posts, read 264,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Jastrow said the scientist is met by a band of theologians. There is a HUGE difference between a band of Bible believing Christians and a band of theologians. Huge. Improvising, IMHO, is best left to jazz musicians
Yes, I have a pretty good idea how you feel about things, DewDrop.
I didn't agree with Jastrow because he wasn't a follower of the Bible. Hence he used "theologians."
But as he had a good start, I decided to improve upon it. You don't have to invent the wheel to use it; just improve it!

Old 02-10-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Thanks for the UTUBE video! Very interesting! Too bad the lesser educated will proclaim it not true.
"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil."

C. S. Lewis

Wisdom comes from the Lord.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1 Corinthians 1:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

I hope in the Lord Jesus Christ that He is keeping me from arguing with any one when only He can open the eyes of those honestly seeking the truth of teh reality we are living in of these latter days.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT Fellowship View Post
I didn't agree with Jastrow because he wasn't a follower of the Bible. Hence he used "theologians."
But as he had a good start, I decided to improve upon it. You don't have to invent the wheel to use it; just improve it!
So you think it's OK to change what someone says/writes to suit an agenda?

Can the atheists change what Christ said to suit their agenda? Or are there restrictions on who can "improve" something?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:36 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,993,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
"This is your brain..."

"This is religion..."

"This is your brain on religion..." {sizzle}

"...Any questions?"
I'm glad true Christianity isn't religion.

Religion is the enemy of true Christianity.

Religion says "Do."

Christianity says "Done."

Old 02-11-2015, 09:13 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,239,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
"This is your brain..."

"This is religion..."

"This is your brain on religion..." {sizzle}

"...Any questions?"
Isn't that the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity