Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 09:29 PM

18,505 posts, read 9,183,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe because it takes someone to do original research like Simcha Jacobovic? Just saying.
You should talk. There's a huge population of suckers out there who think evolution is actually true, if you can believe that. Even people who work in cubicles actually believe in the unproven evolutionary lie. But hey, it takes all kinds.
If it makes you feel better, I'm in the process of making some creationist websites. Maybe you will use them someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 10:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Maybe because it takes someone to do original research like Simcha Jacobovic? Just saying.
You should talk. There's a huge population of suckers out there who think evolution is actually true, if you can believe that. Even people who work in cubicles actually believe in the unproven evolutionary lie. But hey, it takes all kinds.
You bring shame to your faith.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:04 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,640,741 times
But according to the bible, god commanded the plagues. He didn't just advise Moses that they were coming, he actually made them happen. So which is it, or are y'all trying to have it both ways again?

Old 02-08-2015, 04:01 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,214,712 times
The article is so thickly couched in terms such as "could have," that it clearly seems to be a patchwork of guesses. These will make an interesting pop viewing program for National Geographic, but there doesn't seem to be enough substance in this to be useful either for or against supporting these supposed events as being of divine origin.

More over, after looking at a few issues of the Telegraph newspaper, no believer would inclined to use it in support of their religious beliefs. This publication is one of the most sued in the UK for libel, misrepresentation, distortion and it hands out a fortune in court awards annually, and I would never trust it for accuracy on reporting any topic. It is essentially a dirty rag.

There have to be more credible sources of information for news about scientific research vis a vis the Bible. There are, I believe, at least two publications in the U.S. devoted to archaeology, etc. exclusively as it relates to the Bible.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:22 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,797,637 times
From my perspective, we have real world, contemporary science and or observation of phenomenon that match the plagues as described in the Bible. For non believers, you no longer have the right to question the plagues themselves, even though you may still question the story written around them.

My recollection of Cameron's Decoding Exodus documentary is that the supervolcanic explosion of Thera in neighborhood 1500 BC was ground zero in the causation chain.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:51 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,424,223 times
Quote:
I think the blood represents the blood of Jesus.
Interesting also is the fact that just one person of each household applied the blood and his faith saved his whole family from the angel of death. In Acts a person is told if they believe he will be saved and his household as well (Acts 16:31).
Nope, the blood only saved the 1st born. The rest were freed from slavery, but not death. The first born did not die, thus given life and joined with everyone else in being freed from Egypt.

No blood on the door post and a 1st born died. If no 1st born no one died, yet all went free IF they followed Moses out.

This actually has a later application but most miss it.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,988,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, the blood only saved the 1st born. The rest were freed from slavery, but not death. The first born did not die, thus given life and joined with everyone else in being freed from Egypt.

No blood on the door post and a 1st born died. If no 1st born no one died, yet all went free IF they followed Moses out.

This actually has a later application but most miss it.
Very good expatCA.
Nonetheless, I believe it was the head of each household who applied blood to the two jambs and lintel of their house and his faith saved their firstborn.

What if one didn't have a firstborn? Were they still to apply the blood on their lintel? It seems to me that every family was to do this. If a neighbor was too poor, they could combine their household with their neighbor (Ex.12:4).

However, God ransomed all of Israel by the death of Egypt's firstborn.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:28 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,988,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If it makes you feel better, I'm in the process of making some creationist websites. Maybe you will use them someday.
I shudder to think what your "creationist websites" will be like.
What? Are you going to say God created mankind through the process of evolution?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:51 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times
let's see. Biblical Plagues Really Happened Says Scientists.

bunch of young kids die in a region due to a illness?
drought?
floods?
locus?
volcanoes (fire and brimstone)
blab blab blab?

yep they happened. I have no doubt. now let's look at "literally as written only" using what we know to describe stuff we don't know.

Were the stories exaggerated a bit?
well, You would think the air borne troopers won ww2 all by themselves if you took my dad literally.

Was it shorted into one event so they could get it in one book?
I mean "writing things down" was nowhere near as easy as today. "Movies" call them composite characters. And Hollywood learned that trick form our fathers-fathers-fathers - all the way back to story writers 6000 years ago fathers.

The literalist even claim '... with each writers personality ...".
lmao, if that don't seal the deal

Old 02-09-2015, 10:40 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,183,958 times
Quote:
I shudder to think what your "creationist websites" will be like.
What? Are you going to say God created mankind through the process of evolution?
They will say whatever people are willing to pay money for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity