Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 PM

420 posts, read 1,240,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but whoever seeks the glory of the Lord is truthful and there is no dishonesty in his heart.

This is true, this is why The Most High is leading me and others to expose the governmental/pagan gospel that has pretty much went unchecked for over 1000 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 PM

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Not even sure where to start on that one. You sound pretty confused.
Not confused at all!!! I can and have sorted out all the main religions of the world. When I said "shouldn't we just say we are believers", that's just the way I posted it. Of course we should say we are believers. People throw out their personal perceptions, observations, biases for people to grab onto. Me, I'll research anything and everything until I gain factual evidence to believe or not believe a thing.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 PM

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When Christianity went to Athens, it became a philosophy.
When it went to Rome, it became an organization.
When it spread throughout Europe, it became a culture.
When it came to America, it became a business.
True.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 PM

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
as long as you dont plan to attend a church you will be OK. if you plan on finding a church that agrees with you, Forget it!
one thing is true, christianity is not what it was in the start of the church, there are many many many pagan traditions within it. If a person really begins to study they will usually be called out of that system.
i dont care if Jesus is not his real name, i dont care if his name is miguel, sean, billy or whatever, all i know is that what he accomplished on the when he came out of the tomb was enough.
Your right, the vision is to gather the ones who will do the research and see what I am saying for themselves. Yes, the Messiya was raised from the dead, he finished the work assigned to him by the Most High.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"The friendship of the Lord is with those who revere Him and He makes His covenant known to them."
Yes the Messiya makes his covenant known. Do some research on that word "Lord" tell me what you find.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:30 PM

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i still say i am a Christian, but i must always follow up with, " but i believe....." Many outsiders have this view of the christianity that they get from TV. That is not christianity to me. i never want to be associated with TV type of christianity. especially TBN type of stuff.
I like to say i am a follower of Christ, but not of christianity.

That's good brother, "Christ" just means "good". And you are doing right by following the scriptural Messiya, instead of man's "prosperous product".

Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 PM

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Shouldn't we just say I am a believer? Sounds right since there is also not 30,000 plus ways to be a believer.
True.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I suggest that you keep it simple from here on in. Apparently you investigated the "religion" - which is very good. Now it might be time to understand that Christianity is not a religion and was never meant to be - that it was a state of higher mindedness. I went through the same thing. Now I have filtered the whole confusing mess and truly appreciate what this divine teacher taught- It is what Christ said that has to be understood. Virgin birth - resurrection - and all those other romantic Roman notions should be put aside. CHRIST was the most brilliant man that ever lived and his teachings are the core of this intelligent mindset..concentrate on that. I am sure he would be more please with such an effort than man generated political non-sense.

"I am the truth the light and the way" - Pilate asked "What is truth?" He asked this question because he did not know- Truth translated simply - is reality. Christ expected us to over come the deception of the world through the full embracing of reality- that is the core of the movement and the saving grace.
True, you cannot always keep it simple though. Sometimes you have to dig deep and get to the bottom of things.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 PM

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I never knew until this forum (except for a few former church friends and family) that "You can't be a Christian IF, or unless you do or don't follow these rules and do as we say-------" then I am given a list of denomination doctrines mostly created by man in the long ago past and handed down through the generations in the name of "church fathers".

I am a believer (not a denominational Christian) and I follow the teachings and wisdom of Christ who taught about the unconditional love of God for myself and for all others. Mostly I follow what the Spirit of God has written and continues to write in my heart so that I can live this short life in His peace with no fear of eternal damnation because I didn't live by man's selfrighteous interpretations of the scriptures, instead of the Holy Spirits.

jmho
There you go, excellent that's exactly how the Most High wants people to think.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 PM

64,169 posts, read 40,552,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I never knew until this forum (except for a few former church friends and family) that "You can't be a Christian IF, or unless you do or don't follow these rules and do as we say-------" then I am given a list of denomination doctrines mostly created by man in the long ago past and handed down through the generations in the name of "church fathers".

I am a believer (not a denominational Christian) and I follow the teachings and wisdom of Christ who taught about the unconditional love of God for myself and for all others. Mostly I follow what the Spirit of God has written and continues to write in my heart so that I can live this short life in His peace with no fear of eternal damnation because I didn't live by man's selfrighteous interpretations of the scriptures, instead of the Holy Spirits.

jmho
Excellent post . . . but I can't rep you, Miss Blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
There you go, excellent that's exactly how the Most High wants people to think.
Amen!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity