Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 PM

489 posts, read 622,623 times

Advertisements

To post in the Christian forum, or are there normal, mainstream Christians here, too? I keep wanting to interact on this forum, but it is so dang weird, I begin to feel the need to grab my sanity and run after reading a few of the threads here. Anybody else having a similar experience??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
To post in the Christian forum, or are there normal, mainstream Christians here, too? I keep wanting to interact on this forum, but it is so dang weird, I begin to feel the need to grab my sanity and run after reading a few of the threads here. Anybody else having a similar experience??
I felt the same way when I first ventured here, but I love to argue, so I stayed.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,223,529 times
Quote:
Yeah...we're here. We tend to be outnumbered by the pseudo-Christians, though.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,519,205 times
Quote:
I'm neither crazy (I hope???) nor in a cult. I'm not a fundamentalist. Is that what you mean? Most of them aren't crazy or in a cult either, but I have a hard time understanding them. That's ok though, it takes all kinds to make the world go `round, and I'm sure they think some of my posts are weird too!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,185 times

Old 12-13-2012, 12:18 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,995,252 times
Quote:
Yea, I feel it every day. But I think someone might be helped by what I post so I stay.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,859,226 times
The non-Christians come out here in great numbers to attack Christians. I'ts kind of like Willie Sutton's response to: "Why do you rob banks?" ..... The answer is: "Because that's where the Christians are." Keep the faith and your sanity --- There are a lot of solid folks out here seeking to add Christ's light to all the dark and crazy perceptions of the world.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:54 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,043,447 times
Christians forums are not cults , and if you stay prudent in the spirit then you can grow and stir up the gifts of Holy Spirit .... You just need to ask Jesus what to say, and when you stay in Faith with expectation Jesus as you study the Word of God, Jesus will communicate with you , and give you ideas of what to do ....... Some preachers but not all, may never come here as they prefer to help people face to face , and the internet people can be elusive, and ministers may not like the lack of control in the interaction .....

Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,569,253 times
Quote:
If you like to debate against psudo-christians, this is the place for you. If you like to get skilled at countering false teachings in real life this is the place for you.

If you have come here with the intent of learning and growing in your faith, well we understand if you never come back.

This from one who is a Presbyterian at heart, but finds himself attending an Assembly of God church.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times
Quote:
I suppose crazy is in the eyes of the beholder. I certainly don't consider myself to be either crazy or in a cult, but there are probably some people here who would probably disagree with me. On the other hand, I wouldn't describe my beliefs as "mainstream" either. I will say one thing for me, though... I treat people respectfully and am both capable of and interested in having a mature dialogue with people whose fews differ from mine. I figure if we all believed exactly alike, this forum would be a pretty boring place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity