Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 AM

28,112 posts, read 30,023,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
That's understandable! There are a lot of strange doctrines and beliefs represented here. And they tend to pile on in an effort to drown out the voice of Christians. I have questioned the value of such a forum due to these people. All I can do is present the truth, even though they will attack it from all sides, and believe God's promise that His word will not return void.
Yeah, that's kind of my take on it, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,509,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Lots of whackjobs on this forum who faithfully believe that their Church Of What's Happening Now has all the answers and that anybody who believes that the sacred truth is in Luke rather than Mark will be forever forced to suffer excruciating pain in Hell. I mean, I can see these guys practically licking their chops at the prospect, because it will prove them to be holier than someone else. I'm fairly certain that Christ reads some of these posts and thinks, "Man. I made it so simple and these guys have totally screwed it up again. I mean, just read the Beatitudes and live by them and you'll do okay. But, nooooooooo, they have to make it all convoluted."

Personally, I think there needs to be two sub forums: Whackjob Christians and Non Whackjob Christians.
And I am fairly certain that Jesus reads some of these post and thinks .... Read John 3:36, Read Matthew 25:31-46.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM

489 posts, read 622,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I second the motion!
And I third it!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
To post in the Christian forum, or are there normal, mainstream Christians here, too? I keep wanting to interact on this forum, but it is so dang weird, I begin to feel the need to grab my sanity and run after reading a few of the threads here. Anybody else having a similar experience??
It use to be a good place and fun to interact with other Christians and learn ! Even with the non-believers that came here..... But now....
Thank you, CAHomeschoolMom, for being a part of God's plan and your testimony of God's truth and love.... I see the Spirit of God in all that you post !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The non-Christians come out here in great numbers to attack Christians. I'ts kind of like Willie Sutton's response to: "Why do you rob banks?" ..... The answer is: "Because that's where the Christians are." Keep the faith and your sanity --- There are a lot of solid folks out here seeking to add Christ's light to all the dark and crazy perceptions of the world.
Amen... Thank you, Lord ! That He does have His people here rebuking the error of false teachings and giving and showing people the hope that is in Christ Jesus, amen !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
If you like to debate against psudo-Christians, this is the place for you. If you like to get skilled at countering false teachings in real life this is the place for you.
If you have come here with the intent of learning and growing in your faith, well we understand if you never come back.

This from one who is a Presbyterian at heart, but finds himself attending an Assembly of God church.
Amen to the bold it has taught me a lot about false truth and how false teacher's work their plan and plan their work !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
That's understandable! There are a lot of strange doctrines and beliefs represented here. And they tend to pile on in an effort to drown out the voice of Christians. I have questioned the value of such a forum due to these people. All I can do is present the truth, even though they will attack it from all sides, and believe God's promise that His word will not return void.
And a big... AMEN !! Couldn't of said it any better !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And I am fairly certain that Jesus reads some of these post and thinks .... Read John 3:36, Read Matthew 25:31-46.
That's the problem with these individuals they really don't act nor believe God sees, hears all things ! There is no respect, love, honor for God !! Yet, one day they'll get it and that is a for sure thing !!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,466,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Lots of whackjobs on this forum who faithfully believe that their Church Of What's Happening Now has all the answers and that anybody who believes that the sacred truth is in Luke rather than Mark will be forever forced to suffer excruciating pain in Hell. I mean, I can see these guys practically licking their chops at the prospect, because it will prove them to be holier than someone else. I'm fairly certain that Christ reads some of these posts and thinks, "Man. I made it so simple and these guys have totally screwed it up again. I mean, just read the Beatitudes and live by them and you'll do okay. But, nooooooooo, they have to make it all convoluted."

Personally, I think there needs to be two sub forums: Whackjob Christians and Non Whackjob Christians.
" I can see these guys practically licking their chops" LOL

I can picture Christ saying " guys, what about what i accomplished at the cross, isnt that enough for you? i sure was enough for my Father"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity