Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 PM

461 posts, read 482,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I think you're both on the Way.

This morning I was thinking about the word "Christian."
Why were people called "Christians?"
Well, a Christian is a "little Christ." The early believers were little Christs. They knew Jesus Christ was in them, and that everything He was, they were becoming!

So too, we must become what He was. His Spirit is now in us, and that is why Jesus said, "YE are the light of the world." His Spirit is now in us, as believers. The true indicator of a Christian is he who knows and understands by experience that he is part of Christ, and no longer a separate soul. Jesus is in you and me today. If we can hear His voice, and follow that Spirit, this is Christ.

Where is Jesus Christ today? He's sitting at the computer writing posts at city-data, or wherever you may be! We are never separate from Him. "I shall never leave you, nor forsake you!" WOW.

He is us and we are Him. "He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit." No more separation. Jesus isn't far off, separate from us. He is in us, here right now, He is our real image, our true self, no longer separate from God. The veil has been torn in two. Man and God united forever. "Be ye reconciled to God!" because God was in Him, reconciling man to Himself.

You and I are united with Jesus. The Christ (Spirit of God + a body of flesh) is what He was, and what we are. True, we are still growing. But Christ is not separate from us. We are infused together into One Spirit with Him. So we, too, are Christ.

It's not a scandalous thing to say that we are Christ. We are "the body" because Jesus (as one man from Nazareth) no longer exists. His presence is now within us. Christ is here now. You and I.

Blessings!
brian
You say one thing but from the other side of your mouth you say I won't follow you.

"Anyone who is ashamed of me and my words, the son of man will be ashamed of when He comes in his glory".LK 9:26

Shameful.

Jesus sent His followers into the world as He was sent but you people here do not sound like Him. He sent His disciples with the same words and mission, but none of you use His words as He did.

If only you recognized Gods gift and who it is who's speaking to you, you would ask him and he would give you living water. JN 4:10

"If anyone would serve me ,he must follow me, where I am that is where my servant shall be."Jn 12:26

Psalms 94:15 Judgment will again be done with justice, and all the upright of heart will follow it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity