Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,714,762 times

Advertisements

LET'S TAKE A BREAK!!

I though it might be fun to hear what testimony others have in experiencing what the grace of God through the power of His word is changing in your lives since you have been saved.
This could be such an encouragement, enlighting, or just helping one another...
Anyway, since you have been saved, what have you seen in your life that the Holy Spirit revealed to you through the word of God that is changing the things in the way you think and do, that has been a witness of His Holy Spirit, conforming you to that good and acceptable and perfect will of God?

Heb. 12:1-2
I beseech you therefore, brethren by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Note:
The transformed Christian has a attitude of resistance to the value, goals and activities of the world which would pressure him into their shape. He is continually being molded from within by the power of God. The thoughts of his mind are renewed and thus he will find out, and accept what God wants for him.

What is that in your life God is renewing in maybe your thinking, habits, goals, values, purpose..... the list just goes on! We are being renewed daily.... isn't that exciting?

I was one who was older in life when the Lord Jesus came into my life..... there are a lot of things that became habit, self-willed, beliefs and so forth and it is so cool to see the Holy Spirit renewing this mind and heart everyday, cleansing the old nature inside out...
I tell ya, with all those years of doing my own thing, God is so changing this girl...!! To me this process whether at times I want omit, because there has been some dark wilderness times, but it has created an excitement!! Exciting in fact that this life that I live now in Christ is such a blessing, I wouldn't want to change a thing!

How about you? What praises do you have in what God is doing and changing in and for you to bring glory to Him and preparing you for His kingdom and also furthering the gospel of Jesus Christ our Lord!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,315,484 times
I think the most amazing thing I experienced after becoming a Christian is to realize that the God of the entire universe wished to walk and talk with me. It wasn't so much about what I did or didn't do....it was about growing in a relationship with a God who was so much greater than I was until I felt small and mighty all at the same time.

I wish so much that people wouldn't make Christianity about religious tags or doctrines or theologies or all this junk they think is the most important part of their relationship with God. It's about knowing Him, trusting Him and fellowshipping with Him on a regular consistent basis.

He is my best friend and has always been there for me when I felt completely alone. He has made a way for me where there seemed to be no way. He loves me and I love Him.

If I could perfect my love walk to the point where all those around my would feel the love of Jesus through me....I wouldn't know any unbelievers at all.

Btw....since I've started this quest....I have encountered the meanest people in the whole wide world.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,280,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
LET'S TAKE A BREAK!!

I though it might be fun to hear what testimony others have in experiencing what the grace of God through the power of His word is changing in your lives since you have been saved.
This could be such an encouragement, enlighting, or just helping one another...
Anyway, since you have been saved, what have you seen in your life that the Holy Spirit revealed to you through the word of God that is changing the things in the way you think and do, that has been a witness of His Holy Spirit, conforming you to that good and acceptable and perfect will of God?

Heb. 12:1-2
I beseech you therefore, brethren by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Great thread, curly!

The above verse has spoken to me many times.. and I wish I could give you a glowing report of how amazed I am at my victories but in spite of my failings I can see how the Lord has been, and is, leading me. Like GloryB mentioned above, it's amazing to walk and talk with God and to feel His leading.

One thing that comes to mind that is something God has given to me (and I believe to every Christian in a certain way) is a burden for hungry souls. I spent half a year in a mission helping the physically and spiritually needy, and this opened my eyes to the world beyond my own comfortable one. I remember praying that this burden to help the seeking would never leave me.. and it hasn't. And this does affect my walk and talk.. sometimes in the most "inconvenient" times! It 's made me more aware of the importance of simply letting my light shine.. and the responsibility that is placed on me (and all of us) to not only live for the Lord in our own way, but be of service. But in order for this to remain true and undefiled I need to present my body as a living sacrifice to God.. I can not have my "self" in the way. I must simply be a vessel for Him to use.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:12 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,643,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think the most amazing thing I experienced after becoming a Christian is to realize that the God of the entire universe wished to walk and talk with me. It wasn't so much about what I did or didn't do....it was about growing in a relationship with a God who was so much greater than I was until I felt small and mighty all at the same time.

I wish so much that people wouldn't make Christianity about religious tags or doctrines or theologies or all this junk they think is the most important part of their relationship with God. It's about knowing Him, trusting Him and fellowshipping with Him on a regular consistent basis.

He is my best friend and has always been there for me when I felt completely alone. He has made a way for me where there seemed to be no way. He loves me and I love Him.

If I could perfect my love walk to the point where all those around my would feel the love of Jesus through me....I wouldn't know any unbelievers at all.

Btw....since I've started this quest....I have encountered the meanest people in the whole wide world.
Extremely well said, GloryB!!!
You put into words exactly how I feel, so unless I think of something else "profound", I'll just let you speak for me too.

Love your last statement.....and SOOOOOO true!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM

23,026 posts, read 34,436,211 times
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you say the Lord, they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope".

This became "my verse" in 2004 when I was laid off of my job and God has spoken to my many times through this verse. It encourages me every time I read it.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:02 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,062,724 times
Default a new creation - a new heart...

God has taken away the stony heart I had and has given me a new heart...

Because of all of the bad things I'd been through in my childhood, I'd become cynical and mean hearted.
B.C., (Before Christ), my sense of humor was like Don Rickles... or Rodney Dangerfield.
It was more than my sense of humor, it was the way I looked at life... the way I thought. My friends loved it!

You see... in order to survive, I'd learned make fun of all of the bad, mean things that people did - and, the words of my mouth proved the kind of heart that I had.

These days... sometimes someone will intentionally say or do something really mean spirited that really does deserve a response.
Being a human, there are times I really want to attack back when someone does or says something that seems to deserve it.
But, these days I can't even come up with the insults and the "come backs" anymore... the thoughts that came naturally to me at one time.
A couple of times I've really tried to think of something ... and it's literally taken me a couple of days to come up with what would have been an "auto-response" at one time in my life.

It seems that God has completely erased that part of my thinking... He's given me a new heart for the heart of stone that I had.

The bad part of new heart is that with a softer heart, you can be hurt ... you don't have the walls and meanness that once protected you...
The good part is that most of the time ,... you see things in a much kinder light. You look for goodness instead of always looking for evil....you're free to love others without expecting anything in return.

"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them..."

Last edited by World Citizen; 09-05-2008 at 07:54 AM..

Old 09-05-2008, 07:41 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,756,149 times
...Weeping may endure for a night,

but Joy Comes in The Morning.

Psalm 30:5

Old 09-05-2008, 08:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,714,762 times
Good Morning!
Wonderful post everyone!!

Yes, arguy1973, that promise of His mercy...

Isn't it wonderful to know that His anger, parallel with weeping, is momentary, His favor, parallel with joy, is for a lifetime. These proportions are typical of the character of God revealed in Scripture. Believer both in the OT and NT times knew a God whose fundamental attribute is mercy.

Blessing to all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity