Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I'd like to know if anyone would like to list some of the things that have changed in their lives since they were "converted" or "regenerated" or "saved."

For myself, among other things, some that stand out in my mind are:

1) Time in prayer became the most important moment of the day!
2) The Scriptures became more "alive"
3) I had a joy in my heart that wasn't there before
4) I received a love in my heart for people that I didn't have before
5) I loved time spent with other believers
6) The name of Jesus took on a new, "personal" meaning
7) Certain "old time" hymns became important to me.
8) Certain "worldly" interests seemed to lose their attraction.

Anyone care to add from their experiences?

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,713 times
The bggest change in my life is definitely number 4-Spiritual eyes to see people differently. Loving and praying for your enemies is the most challenging practical theology that I am facing right now. Add to that, I don't really know why or what is it but I just want to serve. Serve, serve and serve. Another thing is the desire for Jesus Christ. It's growing. It's not there but it is definitely growing.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,671 times
I dont beat people to a bloody pulp for disagreeing with me.

I hunger for scripture.

My nightmares are managable.

I love like never before.

I see the things of God even in the worst situations.

I hear God more clearly.

I see what He has done when I didnt beleave.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:25 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,840 times
Brian I just finished Chuck Missler's commentary on Ephesians. An amazing commentary I highly recommend every Christian to check out.

Chuck mentions the concept of shedding the grave clothes as Lazareth did as he was truly born again. When born again, we are now a new person and are obligated to completely do a shift of thinking from our own to the image of Christ as defined in the Bible (Romans and Ephesians do a great job). He have been given a new heart.

I can testify that the born-again experience has been a drastic change. I'm still trying to figure it out. Friends don't know what's going on with me. My values have completely changed. My whole business model has been put to the test (have been trying to re-establish an old music entertainment business due to the economy.) Now I feel guilty spending my energy on that. So now I have to figure something else out economically.

So really my whole value system is changing. It's really great. I'm have a clear sense of focus now. One thing Chuck put into perspective is since God is outside the time dimension, every time we sin or disobey we are adding to the suffering he had to endure on the cross. Pretty wild when you stand back and look. Jesus died for all of our sins past, present, and future until the end of the world. So I've been trying to keep that into perspective when I'm faced with a situation.

I've been looking at taking classes at Koinonia Institute for some indepth Bible study. I highly recommend others do as well. I think one of the greatest tragedies in our time is that we have not held fast to the scriptures. Chuck has reveiled how the Bible is an integrated message system (2 Timothy 3:16) from outside the time domain.

So my whole view and outlook on life has changed. Clearly many are missing out truly on the opportunity of a lifetime. It can be defined that way. Clearly if there is a creation there is a creator. If there's a creator, than there has to be a way to get a message to us if he can't be here with us (but he will soon according to the scriptures.) If this message has a particular message regarding our behavior, I think it's important we listen to it. What's amazing is that God has gone through such great lengths so we could be with him. Psalm 22 is written as if it's Jesus on the cross talking to the Father. Truly heartbreaking and expresses his humanity. God came to us to be a sinless sacrifice for us. He wants us to be with him, but we have to accept his program of redemption and listen to what his Son and our future reigning King is saying to us.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:19 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,167 times
Default When God's People Are Really Changed For God

You don't have to be a Christian to be a better person.

Just be willing to do what the world say is unimportant to be a Christian.

Like obey John 3:5.

Like obey Hebrews 4.

Like obey 1 Peter 3:3.

Like obey 1 Timothy 6.

Like obey 1 Timothy 2:9-14.

Like obey James 5:20.

Like live out Matthew 7:6.

Like live out Matthew 5:18-20.

Like live out Luke 3:14.

Like believe Ephesians 3:20.

Like believe James 3:2.

Like believe Isaiah 64:6.

Like esteem 1 Peter 4:1-4.

Like esteem Romans 6:1.

Like regard Romans 7:2-3.

Like regard 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Like preach 2 Timothy 3:16.

Like preach Titus 3:10.

Like endorse Galations 1:8-9.

Like endorse 1 John 2:27.

Like believe John 14:26.

Like take Matthew 4:4 at face value.

Unbelievers don't care about changes to their life with jewelry and attire.

They don't care about changes to their life with work restrictions and who can preach over the church.

They don't want changes to how they enjoy recreation or how they should remarry in the Lord.

They only motivated by changes to have more friends and better family relationships.

They only into changes so their income can be bigger.

They only into changes to be problem free with life.

They only into changes to have more materialism.

They only into changes to be healthy and wiser in the wisdom of man.

When change is in a Christian's life all the bible has something to say to that person in any given setting or situation.

That's when Matthew 4:4 mean something.

Otherwise their just a self righteous boaster----Matthew 7:22-23.

That's also when John 8:31 really mean something.

Otherwise their just a self righteous boaster----Matthew 7:22-23.

If a person is not doing more then an Anthony Robbins cares about then it's just self development and not Christian development.

Anthony Robbins don't care if you a Christian or not he just wants you to define what success is and achieve it only.

Any unbeliever can do that-----Romans 3:1-4.

When God defines success for us then the wisdom of man is crucified in our life as a Christian------Acts 17:28 and Psalms 8:4 and
Ephesians 3:20 and Isaiah 64:6 and Matthew 5:18-20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone!
I'd like to know if anyone would like to list some of the things that have changed in their lives since they were "converted" or "regenerated" or "saved."

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
- I want to do the will of God
- I hunger for the word of God
- I recognize my sinful nature
- I feel far more compassion for those in need
- I care for people, and pray for them (including those who don't even like me) because I want to, not because I feel obligated to
- I feel the spirit in me. It "jumps" in me when I pray or walk into a church
- The Spirit has made me sensitive to sin
- I have lost my desire to live in habitual sin, and it has been replaced with desire to avoid sin
- I like to be with other believers. Before I used to avoid them
- I am not afraid of death anymore

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-17-2011 at 12:54 PM..

Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
- I want to do the will og God
- I hunger for the word of God
- I recognize my sinful nature
- I feel far more compassion for those in need
- I care for people, and pray for them (including those who don't even like me) because I want to, not because I feel obligated to
- I feel the spirit in me. It "jumps" in me when I pray or walk into a church
- The Spirit has made me sensitive to sin
- I have lost my desire to live in habitual sin, and it has been replaced with desire to avoid sin
- I like to be with other believers. Before I used to avoid them
- I am not afraid of death anymore

Old 04-17-2011, 01:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone!

Blessings,
brian
Brian, these quotes are for you, although I have always believed in the almighty; the creator of life.
Therefore, nothing much has changed, except a greater understanding of what is means not to follow the doctrines of men.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are the creation born from above, but man has exalted himself.

Born of the womb, born of the Spirit, for what the Spirit perfectly unites from above, no man will separate; for the two shall become one.

The totality of any experience must be real, not predicated on false beliefs.

Truth is something, not before realized.

Man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when to deeply immersed in them.

The Pinnacle of Death is the highest culminating point of man’s Religion.

Pride and hunger will ever be at variance, until both are satisfied.

In principle and actuality, it’s the truth that will judge you.

Christ will bathe the depths of humanity in the brightness of His Presence and all ADVERSITY will fall from power.

The Psychology of Satan within Religion, including, the fears of Eternal punishment have clouded the soul. But within every clouded soul there is a silver lining.

The butterfly is within the caterpillar of ignorance.

Jesus said, Follow Me. He did not say to chase after the doctrines of men and their demons.

Religion is an immortal blemish of mankind, self-perpetuating from extinction through a system of indoctrinations which are taught by those who have
accommodated themselves within a regime of thought put down by their predecessors.

It never entered the mind of the Spirit to burn or Annihilate, any part of humanity, individually or collectively; that explicitly comes from the heart and minds of certain men.

All these things I will give you, if you fall down and worship me, comes from the thoughts of men.

The perpetual corrector understands the importance of truth, but often misses the requirements of love and kindness.

Men will promptly defend any thought, not at variance with their expectations, nor contrary to their own selfish interests.

Every journey begins with a first step; and every step is its own journey.

Love all, trust few, if given the choice; do what is right.

There is no love without forgiveness and no forgiveness without love, for what power has love; but forgiveness.

Faith doesn’t end with head-knowledge, it begins with experiences.

Faith is not believing he can, it's knowing that he will.

Humanity tends to focus on the worst, rather than the best.

If something is not correct one-hundred percent of the time, it’s not truth.

It is beyond a shadow of doubt for whom He was sent; each and every one of us.

The Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, and an accuser is known for his unrighteous disposition.

We are not predestinated to sin, that’s choice; but we are predestined to holiness.

The right, power, or privilege of making a choice requires judgment.

We live with the consequences of our decisions; right or wrong.

Many are dominated by their own thoughts or those of others, but to be carnal-minded is enmity towards the things of the Spirit.

[The list is endless, but not forever and forever!]

A special kind of beauty exists in a single language that is not isolated by humanity; it’s called Love.
And there is no greater love, than to lay one's life down for that of another.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:16 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
The biggest changes in my life did not come just after I accepted Christ. They came 30 years later when I SURRENDERED my life to Him!

Before that, I was reading the Bible, trying to do "better" and failing on every level. AFTER I surrendered, the transformation was so remarkable that even my enemies saw it.

No, I'm not perfect even now and, in some respects, it looks as though nothing has changed. But, my heart is different and that HAS resulted in visible changes in my ability to love anyone. No longer am I angry, bitter, frowning and upset. Now, I know the peace and joy which transcends understanding.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The biggest changes in my life did not come just after I accepted Christ. They came 30 years later when I SURRENDERED my life to Him!

Before that, I was reading the Bible, trying to do "better" and failing on every level. AFTER I surrendered, the transformation was so remarkable that even my enemies saw it.

No, I'm not perfect even now and, in some respects, it looks as though nothing has changed. But, my heart is different and that HAS resulted in visible changes in my ability to love anyone. No longer am I angry, bitter, frowning and upset. Now, I know the peace and joy which transcends understanding.
Are you saying that even though you had "accepted Christ" you were still "angry, bitter, frowning and upset?"

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity