Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 05:58 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,041,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
The Scriptures are very clear that those who die without 'hearing with understanding' are innocent.

Ro 10:14,17

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, [means to hear with understanding] and hearing by the word of God.
If babies are innocent then why do they innocent deserve death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 06:41 AM

9,901 posts, read 1,287,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
If babies are innocent then why do they innocent deserve death?
You keep asking the same questions over and over. The answers have been given. You just choose to not accept them.

Babies die physically because we inherit physical death as a consequence of Adam's sin. Romans 5:12 tells us this.

Babies do not need a savior. They have nothing to be saved from. They have an innocent spirit. They have no sin to separate them from God. They are in fellowship with God. They are in fellowship with His Son.

Are you afraid of doing some research about how and when the doctrine of original sin began? It was not a part of church doctrine for the first 500 years. How can you ignore this?

Jesus never breathed a word about original sin. Neither did the apostles nor the early church fathers. Original sin is a doctrine of men. You can thank the RCC and Augustine, a gnostic, for it.

I say this with all due respect. Do not follow the doctrines of men.

Many Blessings,

Katie

Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
The problem with you and others is that you've believed in original sin for so long, you can't imagine that you could possibly have been wrong all this time. Katie

Actually it only shows that you aren't even reading what I write. I have never once wrote about original sin.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually it only shows that you aren't even reading what I write. I have never once wrote about original sin.
I apologize if I misread you, but I assure you, I read your posts.

I am very happy to know that you do not believe in the false doctrine of original sin.

Katie

Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,512,306 times
Quote:
Babies do not need a savior. They have nothing to be saved from. They have an innocent spirit. They have no sin to separate them from God. They are in fellowship with God. They are in fellowship with His Son.
Katie
Katie,
Really .....

Psalm 51:5
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—

Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all

Genesis 8:21
The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood

John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
Quote:
I apologize if I misread you, but I assure you, I read your posts.

I am very happy to know that you do not believe in the false doctrine of original sin.

Katie

Fair enough, the point I have always been making is how it is a GOOD thing that there are no exceptions made for babies. So at least try to remember to keep that in mind when you do read my posts.

Some construe the baby being human as a bad thing in accordance to Gods judgments. But the fact is that there is no better place for any human to be than in Gods hands, unborn, infant, toddler or adult. No exceptions.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:52 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,545,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Katie,
Really .....

Psalm 51:5
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—

Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all

Genesis 8:21
The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood

John 3:6
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
Here is the good news that changes everything!
1COR 7:14 "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they Holy." The children of believers are cleansed and set apart by God even if they may at times do wrong even as we do wrong at times but are forgiven for His Son's sake.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,041,128 times
Quote:
You keep asking the same questions over and over. The answers have been given. You just choose to not accept them.

Babies die physically because we inherit physical death as a consequence of Adam's sin. Romans 5:12 tells us this.

Are you afraid of doing some research about how and when the doctrine of original sin began? It was not a part of church doctrine for the first 500 years. How can you ignore this?

Jesus never breathed a word about original sin. Neither did the apostles nor the early church fathers. Original sin is a doctrine of men. You can thank the RCC and Augustine, a gnostic, for it.

I say this with all due respect. Do not follow the doctrines of men.

Many Blessings,

Katie
Katie, I posted the question to someone else. I didn't see their answer to my question. You responded to a question I posed to someone else.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Katie, I posted the question to someone else. I didn't see their answer to my question. You responded to a question I posed to someone else.
Yes, I believe that is allowed. You also have done this same thing. Look back at your posts. My answering is not preventing others from responding to your question.

I apologize if you were offended. No offense meant my friend.

I am still wondering why you never comment on the historical evidence that original sin was not an accepted doctrine of the church for more than 500 years. There is enough factual evidence to prove it is a false doctrine, a doctrine of men to be exact. It began with the gnostics, was adopted by Augustine and introduced by him into the RCC more than 500 years after the church that Jesus established on the day of Pentecost.

Katie

Old 01-10-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Here is the good news that changes everything!
1COR 7:14 "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they Holy." The children of believers are cleansed and set apart by God even if they may at times do wrong even as we do wrong at times but are forgiven for His Son's sake.
This is not speaking of salvation Gary. If that were the case, then unbelievers are saved if they're married to believers. We know that can't be possible.

Babies are pure and innocent from the moment of conception. They are created in God's image. They have no concept of right and wrong, therefore, they cannot break God's law. We have God's assurance that children do not inherit sin. Ez. 18:20

Sin is something you do, not something inherited.

Katie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity