Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times

Advertisements

That's right, UR (Universal Reconciliation) is NOT THE ENEMY!! The enemy lies in wait to devour those who don't know Jesus Christ and CU's (Christian Universalists) know Jesus Christ! He is the only way to salvation in this life and the next, and it is misinformation and brainwashed stubbornness that keeps people from realizing this truth.

How do I know? Because anyone who has been here any length of time knows how I used to be as a fundamentalist ETer (eternal torment). JGHorton just started a thread that I could have started a year ago, no problem. But I've learned a truth, I'm not saying it's "the truth" but I am saying that between me and God it is my only truth. It's sooooo wonderful knowing the true nature of God, and the great plan He has for all of us.

What's my point? The point is that UR is not from the devil or a false "religion" or belief. There is as much support for it in the Bible as there is for ET or annihilation. So what does that tell you? Somebody is wrong. But who is it? Or are we all right in some ways?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:26 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's right, UR (Universal Reconciliation) is NOT THE ENEMY!! The enemy lies in wait to devour those who don't know Jesus Christ and CU's (Christian Universalists) know Jesus Christ! He is the only way to salvation in this life and the next, and it is misinformation and brainwashed stubbornness that keeps people from realizing this truth.
Who is there left to devour if everyone is saved Poor ol' devil must be unemployed by now.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-15-2011 at 07:36 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 PM

You don't understand UR Finn. Satan is very much alive and at work to devour those who don't know Jesus Christ, and even those who do. UR's have NEVER said there isn't a price to pay for disbelief. That's something you need to get through your head. If you're not saved in this life it ain't gonna be pretty in the next one. Everyone is NOT saved now.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 PM

335 posts, read 375,661 times
"Universalist's espouse various theological beliefs concerning the process or state of salvation, but all adhere to the view that salvation history concludes with the reconciliation of the entire human race to God."

If that is UR, then I don't think it is an enemy, but I can't agree with that particular point.

Moses said those who died in the Red Sea would not be seen again, no never again. Notice the emphasis?

Also, Rev. chapter 20 certainly includes a complete cutting off for some.

There are other scriptures which relate to this too.

The following is to whom it may concern, not necessarily Ilene.

I don't think posters on these sites ought to get too worked up about how things will turn out. All of you have been wrong in something you believed in the past, at some time, so don't be so self assured about what you think you know now. Confident sure, but not speaking as having authority in say so.

We are not the judge or final say in the matter. We have a hope, based on knowledge; God will certainly do the right thing.

The silly differences on here are just that, with a sprinkling of fact mixed in.

Last edited by Driftwood2011; 03-15-2011 at 07:47 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
You don't understand UR Finn. Satan is very much alive and at work to devour those who don't know Jesus Christ, and even those who do. UR's have NEVER said there isn't a price to pay for disbelief. That's something you need to get through your head. If you're not saved in this life it ain't gonna be pretty in the next one. Everyone is NOT saved now.
Yes, I do understrand the belief of ur, and I also know that everyone is NOT saved now. Do you really think satan keeps busy so he can cause temporary 'chastisement' for unbelievers? That wouldn't be much of a mission, would it?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
"Universalist's espouse various theological beliefs concerning the process or state of salvation, but all adhere to the view that salvation history concludes with the reconciliation of the entire human race to God."

If that is UR, then I don't think it is an enemy, but I can't agree with that particular point.

Moses said those who died in the Red Sea would not be seen again, no never again. Notice the emphasis?

I don't think posters on these sites ought to get too worked up about how things will turn out. All of you have been wrong in something you believed in the past, at some time, so don't be so self assured about what you think you know now. Confident sure, but not speaking as having authority in say so.

We are not the judge or final say in the matter. We have a hope, based on knowledge, God will certainly do the right thing.

The silly differences on here are just that, with a sprinkling of fact mixed in.
You make some good points, even though i disagree with you on your conclusion of UR.

It's also refreshing to hear someone admit they too have been wrong in how they have believed in the past.

I have too, and not only in my view of ET,i probably have blind spots now,which i know nothing of(Is that a roar of agreement i hear from the Fundy folk ?), but there is one thing i do know, i know whom i have believed in, and this matters more than any belief i may hold on to whether it be right or wrong. I have absolute confidence in the Good Shepherd that he's leading me into all truth,which is when i see him i shall be like him.(A revelation of His great heart of love and untold grace).

I also understand the view of your regular run of the mill Fundy,they have always had the truth and never ever believed anything that was wrong.I once was that man, this is how i know this to be true.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:

We are not the judge or final say in the matter. We have a hope, based on knowledge; God will certainly do the right thing.

I couldn't agree more, God will certainly DO THE RIGHT THING. Because He's God. You're right, we should not get too worked up about how things will turn out because God has it all under control.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:

How do I know? Because anyone who has been here any length of time knows how I used to be as a fundamentalist ETer (eternal torment). JGHorton just started a thread that I could have started a year ago, no problem. But I've learned a truth, I'm not saying it's "the truth" but I am saying that between me and God it is my only truth. It's sooooo wonderful knowing the true nature of God, and the great plan He has for all of us.

What's my point? The point is that UR is not from the devil or a false "religion" or belief. There is as much support for it in the Bible as there is for ET or annihilation. So what does that tell you? Somebody is wrong. But who is it? Or are we all right in some ways?
Yes it is.

No there isnt.

Illene, I love you more than you can know but you are following a theory as if it were fact and it is not. I can understand the hope you have, I have the same hope. Moderator cut: deleted as to not derail. Satan can come as the bright morning star but he is still eternally darkness.

Like I said, hope is good and we all share in hope but we still have the great commision to make disciples. Please my dear freind read the red lettered words of the Bible, they will open you to a truth Satan can not cloud.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-19-2011 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 08:53 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:

I missed this and now I feel like a copycat

Amen from the bottom of my heart.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be... to all people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity