Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,632,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Yes it is.

No there isnt.

Illene, I love you more than you can know but you are following a theory as if it were fact and it is not. I can understand the hope you have, I have the same hope. Moderator cut: Orphaned Satan wants us to stop warning others and when we stop he makes us feel good about stopping and we think it is Gods reward but it is a curse. Satan can come as the bright morning star but he is still eternally darkness.

Like I said, hope is good and we all share in hope but we still have the great commision to make disciples. Please my dear freind read the red lettered words of the Bible, they will open you to a truth Satan can not cloud.
I have read the red letter words of the Bible, and Jesus came in peace and love, not condemnation and arrogance. I love you too Robin, more than you could ever know but we differ greatly in what we believe. Satan has nothing to do with UR, that's just an uninformed opinion that just is not true. I'm not saying there isn't a great commission, it's just that the Word of God has been spread and either people reject it or accept it, we have no control over that.

Maybe we are actually living in the "end times", who knows for sure but I know for a fact from reading the red letters of the Bible that Jesus came to love and to save, not to destroy and condemn. That's what I base my belief on, what Jesus stood for and still stands for today. Love God and each other, there's nothing greater than the power of LOVE.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-19-2011 at 02:27 PM..

Old 03-16-2011, 02:57 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,375,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who is there left to devour if everyone is saved Poor ol' devil must be unemployed by now.
I think you're beginning to get it!!

Blessings in Christ our Lord,
Brian

Old 03-16-2011, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
"Universalist's espouse various theological beliefs concerning the process or state of salvation, but all adhere to the view that salvation history concludes with the reconciliation of the entire human race to God."

If that is UR, then I don't think it is an enemy, but I can't agree with that particular point.

Moses said those who died in the Red Sea would not be seen again, no never again. Notice the emphasis?

Also, Rev. chapter 20 certainly includes a complete cutting off for some.

There are other scriptures which relate to this too.

The following is to whom it may concern, not necessarily Ilene.

I don't think posters on these sites ought to get too worked up about how things will turn out. All of you have been wrong in something you believed in the past, at some time, so don't be so self assured about what you think you know now. Confident sure, but not speaking as having authority in say so.

We are not the judge or final say in the matter. We have a hope, based on knowledge; God will certainly do the right thing.

The silly differences on here are just that, with a sprinkling of fact mixed in.
"Those who died in the Red Sea" I believe refers to the flesh of man, which cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. All mankind leaves the fallen adamic nature when passing from this life. That adamic nature will be "left behind" in the Red Sea of death itself. Egypt, or bondage, or flesh, is that which is left behind. The spirit of man, called the worm, or Israel, is what will pass through and reach the promised land. Aisi..!

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,632,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
"Those who died in the Red Sea" I believe refers to the flesh of man, which cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. All mankind leaves the fallen adamic nature when passing from this life. That adamic nature will be "left behind" in the Red Sea of death itself. Egypt, or bondage, or flesh, is that which is left behind. The spirit of man, called the worm, or Israel, is what will pass through and reach the promised land. Aisi..!

Blessings,
brian
Very well put Brian. What does "Aisi" mean?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
So, the exodus account is not true either.. Is there anything in the OT which the URs have not declared false yet?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Very well put Brian. What does "Aisi" mean?
as i see it..

sometimes I prefer aiui as i understand it

Blessings!
bri

Old 03-16-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
So, the exodus account is not true either.. Is there anything in the OT which the URs have not declared false yet?
What do you mean by "true?"

Blessings,
bri

Old 03-16-2011, 07:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
What do you mean by "true?"
Either the Read Sea account is true, or it isn't, and you seem to suggest it did not happen. I have heard urs make such declarations about the flood, Read Sea, Sodom, Gomorrah, etc, etc, etc.....

Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,192,848 times
Satan has an appetite for the flesh, by God's design. If you're abiding in Christ, the prince of this world comes and has nothing on Him (as always) - so I contend that Satan was indeed created to destroy: the carnal nature.

When we're bothered by the enemy, that's an indication that we're not yet emptied of self.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Either the Read Sea account is true, or it isn't, and you seem to suggest it did not happen. I have heard urs make such declarations about the flood, Read Sea, Sodom, Gomorrah, etc, etc, etc.....
Finn,
I don't know if they "really" happened in history. I started a thread a few days back asking for non-Judeo writings (ie Egyptian writings) that mentioned similar events, but I only got a link to a magazine.

However, I do believe that they were inspired stories given to us to learn spiritual truths. That is why I believe they are symbolic, not historic accounts.

I hope this doesn't scandalize you too much..

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.