Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,238,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
You worship a lovey dovey, touchy feely kissy poo God. Not the God of the bible. They who live in sin, die in sin and I wouldnt have it any other way. All people have an opportunity to accept Jesus as their personal savior and receive the baptism of the holy ghost. If they dont, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Not everyone will be saved.Moderator cut: personal attack
That is another coinage i hate...Where in the Bible does it call Him 'Personal' Savior?...It doesn't...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not a betting man . . . but I would take any bet that predicts you will hear "Depart from me . . . " from Jesus.
You are a liar and I rebuke you in the name of Jesus?...Ooh, that one sounds very Pentecostalish...I should know, my beginnings were there for about 8 years...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
You just dont understand.I judge nobody. God is the judge. I do understand compassion. I would that everyone be saved but its just not possible. Many are in hell now and many are going to hell and yes they burn alive forever and ever and ever. The truth is harsh. Deal with it.
I am sorry to say...But you do not understand the concept of Hell...And by your dialogue i can tell you are a young Christian...You need to widen your Knowledge of the Scriptures and Letters...Before you undertake a debate...For there are many on here that can grind you down and lead you astray with perverse doctrines...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Thanks for telling them to believe in Egyptian/Babylonian/Catholic (all pagan) versions of the afterlife. Just what we need. More chaos and confusion.

The adversary and cohorts are judged in the PRESENCE of the lamb. Don't you know the SAINTS shall judge angels?? Don't you know the saints shall judge the world??

(it's a good thing)
I wasn't debating Hell or not-Hell, i was merely quashing the old fantasy that Satan is the ruler of hell and down there having a big old torture party...And the fact that no one is in heaven or hell right now...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Really? "from the belly of hell I cried" (Jonah 2:2)
Jonah's story was metaphoracal...Look up the definition of what the phrase meant to the ancients of 'being in the belly of a whale'...I believe studying the History and culture of the Jews would greatly benefit us in understanding our christian faith, for it is our heritage...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Richard ...

I don't believe in the mythological hell that you believe in. You should be aware of that by now.

The only literal hell i believe in the valley of Hinnom that sits outside the city of Jerusalem.

I was speaking figuratively ... The Hell i was referring to was when i lived on the streets, and when my brother died on my birthday, and when my other brother committed suicide, and when my uncle kidnapped my best friends dad and was shot and killed by the FBI because of it, and When i was molested as a child.

etc. etc. etc. ...
I was making a point to those that believe people can come back from hell...using the parable of the rich man and beggar...that is all...

Old 10-22-2010, 04:23 AM

77 posts, read 127,157 times
Quote:
Really ... Think about it. You say God doesn't want anyone to be damned forever, and that he wants all people to be saved, but he is unable to accomplish the salvation of all people, and is only able to save way less than even half of all the people who ever lived.

So according to this doctrine which you believe and teach, most people on earth must suffer for eternity because the power of Satan to deceive is vastly superior when compared to Gods power to save.

So not only do most humans suffer for ever, but God also must suffer the knowledge that he failed to save most people, and lost the battle for souls to Satan.

So God and most of creation must suffer Gods own failure to save the world, and Satan and his demons are rewarded for their deception by being able to torture most of humanity forever in his fun center in hell.

In effect you are saying the real victory belongs to Satan who defeats God in the game of winning souls, and that Satan and his demons are rewarded by being able to enjoy torturing most of humanity for eternity.

Sick ...

Satan was defeated at the cross. Yes he will torture lost souls. Thats just how it is. God didnt fail, man did

Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
This is the crux of your doctrinal dilemma ...

The scriptures teach that salvation is a free gift, and that it cannot be achieved by works so that no one can boast ...

The you turn right around and say, "You know what you must do(to save yourself), so do it."

You are contradicting the scriptures by saying that we must do something in order to be saved.

Which is it, is salvation a free gift, or must we do something to earn it? And if we must do something to earn it, then we can boast of having saved ourselves, or of being our own co-saviors.

We cant save ourselves. I never said otherwise but doing nothing lands you in hell. You must receieve the holy ghost baptism, be part of a bible believing full gospel church, and live in accordance with the commandments. God set certain rules and expects those rules to be obeyed.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:08 AM

122 posts, read 192,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Praise Jesus . . . if Iron has reached another soul with the truth.
Woe now wait a minute...... I do believe you miss understood my reply to Ironmaw. The bold blue is what I was commenting on.....

MysticPhD..... sure don't want you to believe something that isn't true now do we.....

Quote:
LOL ...

I always find it interesting when people tell me things like I "dwell in the flesh" or that i "make excuses for sin", or similar assumptions of my life style when they have never even met me. Its typical of people who live in condemnation and thus are predisposed to condemning others, even other people who they don't even know.

My father punished me overly much as a child, and my mother was downright abusive psychologically and physically, but they never threw me in a literal fire or tortured me. Sure i got knocked around a little bit, but i think even you would agree that child abuse is wrong even if the child is disobedient, yet you jump to the conclusion that burning people alive for ever is justice for disobedience to god which according to the bible is the natural inclination of human being due to the fact that we were born into sin in the first place.

The fact that so many Christians cannot see the injustice and monstrosity of their beloved belief in everlasting torture is more than telling of their spiritual disposition.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

I'll ask a simple question, let your conscience be your guide if it is not seared ...

Do you believe that torture is ever Good?

Here is what many Christians do not understand and are unable to comprehend fully ...

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he(the most high) is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

God must correct sin indeed, as it is written ...

Hebrews 12:6-8
For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and whips every son whom he receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chastens not? But if you be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are you bastards, and not sons. For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and whips every son whom he receives.

All are partakers of Gods chastening, either in this life or after the resurrection. As the elect are salted with fire in this life, and the wicked and unbelievers will be baptized by fire at the time of judgment, as it is stored up for them in anticipation of their time of correction.

Peace ...

Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Woe now wait a minute...... I do believe you miss understood my reply to Ironmaw. The bold blue is what I was commenting on.....

MysticPhD..... sure don't want you to believe something that isn't true now do we.....

The prophetess Mary Katherine Baxter doesnt even like talking about her divine revelation of hell because she is grieved at the thought of people in hell. She truly has a heart for the lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity