Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 04:59 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Kinda ya, they just blast 10 or 20 out of context verses hoping to hit somone.

Shotgun evangelism!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 05:05 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
like trying to teach pigs to sing. It doesn't work.
Sorry bro. but I have to call you out - you are dead wrong on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgw-ZBR6O0s

Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 AM

77 posts, read 126,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Oh yeah ... You like i when children are tortured? You believe its gods will and you rebuke me?

No I do not like it nor do I believe it is God's will. I rebuked you because you preach a false doctrine.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Some defeat

yes he was defeated but he has convinced you that he wasnt. He lives in you. You must cast him out of your life by telling to flee in the name of Jesus.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Oh yeah ... You like i when children are tortured? You believe its gods will and you rebuke me?
Well one of the bright spots in the book was that all children seemed to go to heaven.

There were also animals in heaven. I guess it's possible that they were animals that never lived on Earth and were created for Gods own purposes in Heaven, but I'm just speculating. That would be the only way to explain it though because when animals die here on Earth they do not go to Heaven or Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
God is always revealing new things to his saints. People seem obsessed with the fun center. I know it's not in the bible but perhaps God decided then was not the time to reveal the fun center. She may have been paraphrasing. I believe with all my heart that the things in her book are real and true and the things prophesied therein shall come to pass. Choose this day who you will serve.
It's not in the Bible, so wouldn't that be considered an extra-biblical revelation? Aren't we warned against those in scripture?

If she was paraphrasing she shouldn't have quoted people. She's a writer, I'm sure she knows the use of quotation marks are not necessary if you are paraphrasing something.

I'm not even saying she's lying, and I do believe in Hell. All I'm saying is that there are some things in that book when lined up against scripture don't seem right. Therefore I'll stick with scripture.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
No I do not like it nor do I believe it is God's will. I rebuked you because you preach a false doctrine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Well one of the bright spots in the book was that all children seemed to go to heaven.
Everyone who is under 30 years of age is a child.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Well I guess I'm disqualified then. By a hair, mind you.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
My missus says i'm a big kid, and i'm closer to 50 than 30 .

Old 10-23-2010, 10:38 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:

Ephesians 1:11
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will

Everything that is exists worked out according to the will of God.

If there is eternal hell or eternal torture than it is the will of God.

If people are tortured for ever then it is according to the will of God.

You say that i teach a false doctrine ... But i have posted verse after verse after verse that prove God will save all people, and you have simply ignored them.

You wont even debate the matter with scripture, instead you simply post your hateful and violent rhetoric and ignore all the scriptures which prove what you and Mary Baxter are teaching to be the malicious lies that they are.

It is you who are believing and teaching a false doctrine. Rebuke yourself ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-23-2010 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-23-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Ephesians 1:11
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Everything that is exists worked out according to the will of God.

If there is eternal hell or eternal torture than it is the will of God.

If people are tortured for ever then it is according to the will of God.

You say that i teach a false doctrine ... But i have posted verse after verse after verse that prove God will save all people, and you have simply ignored them.

You wont even debate the matter with scripture, instead you simply post your hateful and violent rhetoric and ignore all the scriptures which prove what you and Mary Baxter are teaching to be the malicious lies that they are.

It is you who are believing and teaching a false doctrine. Rebuke yourself ...

You have been blinded by Satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity