Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 12:52 AM

11,995 posts, read 3,846,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
NOOOOOOooooo .......... !!! *POOF*

(Ironmaw1776 disappears in a puff of black whirling smoke and with a terrified scream of agony, but the smell of brimstone can still be smelled lingering on the air)

Old 10-23-2010, 12:52 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,800,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Oh yeah ... You like i when children are tortured? You believe its gods will and you rebuke me?
You rebuke me in the name of Jesus?

You who agrees with murder and hate?

You rebuke me in the name of Jesus?

Don't mess with me ...

I disagree ...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:55 AM

7,354 posts, read 6,996,593 times
Default the problem with sharing

Some things are better between the Lord and the person recieving the vision .
Much like teaching scriptures to folks with out the infilling of the Holy Spirit , They can only percieve things in distorted vision, With out it being healed, it remains a mystery to many. much like trying to write a dos program and not really knowing what you are doing except by speculative second hand information.
It is not up to us to change the world's mind ,
our job is to supply the Gospel Jesus delivered so that those that want fellowship have the avenew to make their way in.
God draws people to His son, we merely work in harmony to confirm that direction in those that are looking .
Clearly there are some here that have a genuine interest, while others merely like to argue and wouldn't come to God if He showed Him self to them. Rebellion is just that way.
While I do not agree with all the things Mary K Baxter said , there are certain aspects that have a measure of interest. but a few lack scriptural foundation. Not that all that one can know is limited to scripture, it just makes it hard to defend.
Even science has proven that there are things out side our spectrum of light that exist ,just as we are limited in our ability to smell things Dogs can, or hear things only bat's can. there are even worms that live in the glacers in the ice and do not freeze , insects that can be frozen and come back to life when thawed.
There are many things about this world we do not understand, including a spirit world that only shows it's self to us when they please.
The fact is there is much more to life than one's self and their own little world. There are those that look outward to see every thing, and those that look inward to see nothing but them selves .
People who choose not to believe in God prefir the lifestyle they have , and the thought of submision to any thing related to God is unsettling.
But excuses just don't fly, excuses are in fact a tstamony of rebellion.
I know there is a right way , but because so and so gets away with such and such , I don't believe I have to do any better.
Or the blame game , God ,you gave me a choice and I don't like it.
let me give you a story from my own life.
I ws in love with the most beautiful girl ,smart ,tallanted, sparkeling eyes and personality, and I wanted to develop a more serious relationship, but there was a problem , Her parents objected to my economic status and my expectations for the future , which supprized me ,seeing that we attended the same church and I had planned to go into ministry.
She tearfully turned me down, I was devistated for many years.
The realization finally came to me that she choose her parents over me, in the which case that would have been a source of contention through out our lives had she not yielded to them in stead of me .
On the one hand i had to respect her obedience to her parents , on the other, I had to realize thay had done me a big favor excluding me from their lives. there is no pleasing some one you must suck up to all the time.
God is very mercyful to us long before we acknowledge Him, At least in my life I want to serve God and obey Him , even if for some reason i am not chosen, I enjoy what I have with God in my life, in all the ways He bleses me, even if I don't recognize it right off the bat.
God offers us something , and we might not appeciate the value from our own perspective, untill things get so bad there is no where else to turn.
A wise man said, if you turn before you are forced to turn you will save a lot of dammage.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:06 AM

Your worship of violence and hate amounts to nothing. You lose ... Period.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:09 AM

It is not you ... It is the enemy. The nemesis loses ...

Old 10-23-2010, 02:06 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,649,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
I am baptized in the holy ghost and was slain in the spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
So was Borat.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Jonah's story was metaphoracal...Look up the definition of what the phrase meant to the ancients of 'being in the belly of a whale'...I believe studying the History and culture of the Jews would greatly benefit us in understanding our christian faith, for it is our heritage...
Yes, I understand. But it helps fundies to see where their literalist dogma caves in...

By the way - Jesus' trip was metaphorical too...

Old 10-23-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
Satan was defeated at the cross. Yes he will torture lost souls.
Some defeat

Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
And lastly I'd like to say that nearly every account I've read of people having divine revelations it seems to perfectly line up with what their particular religion teaches...from Catholics having visions of Mother Mary, to Mary K.s Penecostal visions of Hell. Weird.
Strange, yes. But very predictable as well.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Mind eraser machine? I'll bet that one hurts.
Actually - that sounds pretty cool. Would love to erase my brain sometime - know what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity