Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2010, 12:16 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times

Advertisements

Here is my response to Baxter...
Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luk 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luk 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Luk 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

So, if it was not permitted here what makes you think she is telling the truth for God will not say one thing and do another...God will not violate Hid own ways...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
dont you see that simply believing in Jesus is not enough? Do you think God is just going to hand you salvation on a silver platter? Never. You still have to be a good person and follow his commandments.
The OT is full of these types of people...David, Solomon, Moses, etc....So, what makes the OT so different from the NT?...The difference is that the Law was meant to be a school teacher and to point to the Savior...If one still had to follow the Law for Salvation, which is what the OT tells you and the Jews still believe today, then the NT is a collection of Herisies against the Truth of the OT...And Christ was just another in the long line of Jewish False Messiahs...Read up on Jewish History and you will see one that led more than half of Isreal astray and they believed him to be the Messiah and many continued to believe after he was arrested and thrown in prison by the mohameedans and given a choice, either convert to Islam or die...He quickly traded in his Yarmulke fo a turban...There are many others, however he is the most noteworthy...So, you are saying that Christ did not do a thing on the cross for us that couldn't have been done by us following the Law as the Jews did and continue to do to this day...So, i guess all the Jews are going to heaven without the need for Christ and by keeping the Law of God...They already knew this!....Christ did not tell them nothing new, they were already doing this...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
yes they are, thou shall not commit adultery
Adultery is having sex with anothers wife or husband...it is not homosexuality...That is covered elsewhere like Lev. 18:22...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
You quote scripture yet you dont understand. Salvation is not for everyone because Jesus said he who does not believe is condemned. How can you be so foolish? You cannot be saved in the flesh, only in the spirit can you be saved. Grace is not a license to sin.
'You have liberty to do all things, but not all things are bneficial, you have liberty to do all things but not all things are expedien't....what does this mean to you?...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
but dont you see that good works are the natural result of grace? Faith without works is dead. It has to be both faith and works. Faith alone wont cut it and works alone wont cut it. It must be both.
You are misinterpreting James...He was saying that those that profess and still go on like they were have no real saving faith...'not all who say Lord, Lord'...He is saying that those with saving Faith will have that desire to follow and it will show, they will also know that the following of the Law does not save them, it is Faith alone in what Christ has done...I can see you are a fairly young christian...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
But you don't believe He will do what He was commissioned to do: save all people and be the savior of all men.
Leg...Leave the UR at the door...this kid needs to understand first that it is only through Faith in Christ and His accomplishment on the cross that saves, not our works of righteousness...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Why do I need a bible verse? God is continuously revealing new things to his people. Perhaps,in the time the bible was written, God decided it was not the time to reveal the truth about the fun center but rather he would wait and reveal it through his servant, Mary Katherine Baxter. Why are you so fixated on that by the way?
Kid...I would run away from that trash as fast as i can...I do believe in Hell...but, i also know what it is for and i also know no one came back from there...there are many scriptural proofs to that effect...I know what i am talkng about, because when i first believed i went through 8 years of that nonsense and the deeper i got into God's word the more i realized what it was...Heresy...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
He is but you must believe he is savior.
But you said that belief is not enough...

Old 10-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Faith requires action. Remember his word says we are to be not only hearers of the word but doers of the word. I am saved not simply by faith but because I act on my faith. Idle Christians are not saved. If you dont bear any fruit, youre no good and will be cast into the fire.
He was speaking about the Jews...

Old 10-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well then maybe you should get with Mary and you guys can write a new bible which teaches the false doctrines you subscribe to ...
Good grief!...not another bible...we have too many as it is...we do not need another version...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.