Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 04:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,223,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Sometimes I like some people are putting on an act to bait us.

Unfortunately, there are people who believe this stuff.

Last edited by herefornow; 10-20-2010 at 05:41 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 05:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,174,668 times
Quote:
hmmm... care to comment "it_is_written_10"?

Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,804,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
Why cant you see that God is love and would never want us to burn in hell? But he must punish sin. God is loving but he is also just. It must be this way. You cant understand because you dwell in the flesh.
LOL ...

I always find it interesting when people tell me things like I "dwell in the flesh" or that i "make excuses for sin", or similar assumptions of my life style when they have never even met me. Its typical of people who live in condemnation and thus are predisposed to condemning others, even other people who they don't even know.

My father punished me overly much as a child, and my mother was downright abusive psychologically and physically, but they never threw me in a literal fire or tortured me. Sure i got knocked around a little bit, but i think even you would agree that child abuse is wrong even if the child is disobedient, yet you jump to the conclusion that burning people alive for ever is justice for disobedience to god which according to the bible is the natural inclination of human being due to the fact that we were born into sin in the first place.

The fact that so many Christians cannot see the injustice and monstrosity of their beloved belief in everlasting torture is more than telling of their spiritual disposition.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

I'll ask a simple question, let your conscience be your guide if it is not seared ...

Do you believe that torture is ever Good?

Here is what many Christians do not understand and are unable to comprehend fully ...

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he(the most high) is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

God must correct sin indeed, as it is written ...

Hebrews 12:6-8
For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and whips every son whom he receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chastens not? But if you be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are you bastards, and not sons. For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and whips every son whom he receives.

All are partakers of Gods chastening, either in this life or after the resurrection. As the elect are salted with fire in this life, and the wicked and unbelievers will be baptized by fire at the time of judgment, as it is stored up for them in anticipation of their time of correction.

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-20-2010 at 06:24 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
well I do like it because sin must be punished. I would never wish anyone to burn in hell but its what happens when you hate the gospel

Wrong again ... Lets see what the bible says about those who are enemies of the gospel ...

Rom 11:28
As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may nowh receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Peace ...

Old 10-20-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I dont have to know her personally to know she dwells in the flesh. Just because someone says they dont hate the gospel doesnt mean they dont.
I am a he and not a she, more proof that you know absolutely nothing about me. I was born and raised a Christian, and my father was a preacher. I have been studying the scriptures since i was eight years old.

Your words are evidence of the condemnation which you are under and which you seek to subject others to ...

I love the gospel ... The true gospel of Christs complete victory over sin and death throughout creation and in the lives of all people.

Though the false gospel which you and many others teach, that the power of Satan to deceive is greater than the power of Christ to save, and that sin and death are more powerful than the work of Christ on the cross throughout most of creation, and that evil will exist for ever and claim victory over most of humanity for whom God sent his son to redeem, that False Gospel i do hate.

You teach that evil is victorious over good, as it damns far more people that the goodness of god is able to save. You teach that Satan is victorious over Christ in his work to destroy Gods creation, and that God is unable to save all people even though the scriptures plainly teach that God is the savior of all m en, and will have all men to be saved. Plain and simple, you teach a lie and the doctrines of demons.

But one day you will come to a knowledge of the truth, just like everyone else, and then you will be very sorry for your misrepresentation of God. But he will forgive you, and i do as well, i realize that you are simply deceived by the traditions of men which make the word of God of none effect.

God bless, and may he have mercy on us all ...

Old 10-20-2010, 06:15 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,379,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
LOL ...

I always find it interesting when people tell me things like I "dwell in the flesh" or that i "make excuses for sin", or similar assumptions of my life style when they have never even met me. Its typical of people who live in condemnation and thus have are predisposed to condemn others, even other people who they don't even know.

My father punished me overly much as a child, and my mother was downright abusive psychologically and physically, but they never threw me tortured me. Sure i got knocked around a little bit, but i think even you would agree that child abuse is wrong even if the child is disobedient, yet you jump to the conclusion that burning people alive for ever is justice for disobedience to god which according to the bible is the natural inclination of human being due to the fact that we were born into sin in the first place.

The fact that so many Christians cannot see the injustice and monstrosity of their beloved belief in everlasting torture is more than telling of their spiritual disposition.

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

I'll ask a simple question, let your conscience be your guide if it is not seared ...

Here is what many Christians do not understand and are unable to comprehend fully ...

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he(the most high) is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and whips every son whom he receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chastens not? But if you be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are you bastards, and not sons. For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and whips every son whom he receives.

All are partakers of Gods chastening, either in this life or after the resurrection. As the elect are salted with fire in this life, and the wicked and unbelievers will be baptized by fire at the time of judgment, as it is stored up for them in anticipation of their time of correction.

Peace ...
Dang, keep trying to rep you but I gotta spread it around first.

I remember being a wee little boy asking my mom that if I pray to God and tell him I am sorry for my sins, will he forgive me? She said yes. I felt so relieved. Then she said - "Oh, but you'll still have to pay for the sin in purgatory".

Brutal growing up catholic. I got knocked around too as a kid, your not alone.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,379,512 times
Quote:
I do believe Satan has a fun center where he torments souls for eternity because that is what Satan does.
It is written, THOU SHALL NOT BAIT.

No one in their right mind would fall for that.

city-data has other forums besides Christianity, check it out.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:38 PM

122 posts, read 192,242 times
Quote:
LOL ...

I always find it interesting when people tell me things like I "dwell in the flesh" or that i "make excuses for sin", or similar assumptions of my life style when they have never even met me. Its typical of people who live in condemnation and thus are predisposed to condemning others, even other people who they don't even know.

My father punished me overly much as a child, and my mother was downright abusive psychologically and physically, but they never threw me in a literal fire or tortured me. Sure i got knocked around a little bit, but i think even you would agree that child abuse is wrong even if the child is disobedient, yet you jump to the conclusion that burning people alive for ever is justice for disobedience to god which according to the bible is the natural inclination of human being due to the fact that we were born into sin in the first place.

Peace ...
Well, my goodness sakes that explains a whole lot !!!

God Bless, ya, Ironmaw !!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:09 PM

77 posts, read 127,245 times
Quote:
you wish

Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM

77 posts, read 127,245 times
Quote:
I am a he and not a she, more proof that you know absolutely nothing about me. I was born and raised a Christian, and my father was a preacher. I have been studying the scriptures since i was eight years old.

Your words are evidence of the condemnation which you are under and which you seek to subject others to ...

I love the gospel ... The true gospel of Christs complete victory over sin and death throughout creation and in the lives of all people.

Though the false gospel which you and many others teach, that the power of Satan to deceive is greater than the power of Christ to save, and that sin and death are more powerful than the work of Christ on the cross throughout most of creation, and that evil will exist for ever and claim victory over most of humanity for whom God sent his son to redeem, that False Gospel i do hate.

You teach that evil is victorious over good, as it damns far more people that the goodness of god is able to save. You teach that Satan is victorious over Christ in his work to destroy Gods creation, and that God is unable to save all people even though the scriptures plainly teach that God is the savior of all m en, and will have all men to be saved. Plain and simple, you teach a lie and the doctrines of demons.

But one day you will come to a knowledge of the truth, just like everyone else, and then you will be very sorry for your misrepresentation of God. But he will forgive you, and i do as well, i realize that you are simply deceived by the traditions of men which make the word of God of none effect.

God bless, and may he have mercy on us all ...

You worship a lovey dovey, touchy feely kissy poo God. Not the God of the bible. They who live in sin, die in sin and I wouldnt have it any other way. All people have an opportunity to accept Jesus as their personal savior and receive the baptism of the holy ghost. If they dont, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Not everyone will be saved.Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-20-2010 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: calling another poster "a liar" is against the TOS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity