Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,214,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
You worship a lovey dovey, touchy feely kissy poo God. Not the God of the bible. They who live in sin, die in sin and I wouldnt have it any other way. All people have an opportunity to accept Jesus as their personal savior and receive the baptism of the holy ghost. If they dont, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Not everyone will be saved. [mod]delete[/mod
Oh, well. Too bad for the people of North Korea, I guess.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-20-2010 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: use report system to report these type of posters

Old 10-20-2010, 09:23 PM

64,128 posts, read 40,445,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLadybugs! View Post
Well, my goodness sakes that explains a whole lot !!!

God Bless, ya, Ironmaw !!
Praise Jesus . . . if Iron has reached another soul with the truth.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
You worship a lovey dovey, touchy feely kissy poo God. Not the God of the bible. They who live in sin, die in sin and I wouldnt have it any other way. All people have an opportunity to accept Jesus as their personal savior and receive the baptism of the holy ghost. If they dont, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Not everyone will be saved. You are a liar and I rebuke you in the name of Jesus.
I am not a betting man . . . but I would take any bet that predicts you will hear "Depart from me . . . " from Jesus.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
You can say whatever you want but Jesus died for you. He didn't have to but he loved you enough to do it. If you reject him, you cant enter his kingdom. Calling me names wont change that
We don't reject Him . . . but since you don't really know Him you can't help but reject Him . . . it is automatic.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 PM

77 posts, read 127,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not a betting man . . . but I would take any bet that predicts you will hear "Depart from me . . . " from Jesus.

and you would lose the bet

Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,790,956 times
Its easy to sit in a high castle, and look down your nose at the peons below. Always self righteous in your own mind, thinking you are better than them because your are not as impoverished and down trodden as those who have less.

But its hard to get down in the nitty gritty, and suffer the difficulties of those who have less, and still believe.

When you have been to hell and back again, you tend to forgive the weaknesses of others, because your understand what it is to be without.

The first will be last in the kingdom of heaven ...

Peace ...

Old 10-21-2010, 01:57 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,790,956 times
Quote:
You worship a lovey dovey, touchy feely kissy poo God. Not the God of the bible. They who live in sin, die in sin and I wouldnt have it any other way. All people have an opportunity to accept Jesus as their personal savior and receive the baptism of the holy ghost. If they dont, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Not everyone will be saved.Moderator cut: personal attack
What about people who lived and died before Jesus was ever born? That doesn't fit your mold does it?

I find it interesting that you do not deal with the actual information i posted. But instead maintain your position by incessant rhetoric. Lets see you answer according to scripture ...

We will be judged in the manner that we judge others. Are you ready to face the music?

I don't think so ...

According to your words, i don't think you understand the meaning of compassion. Live large while you still can.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-21-2010 at 02:45 AM..

Old 10-21-2010, 02:55 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,174,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yeah - torture people forever. When will some understand that this very concept defies sanity?

And - yes, (like all humans) she will "go away".....
But, who's sanity?...

Old 10-21-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Its easy to sit in a high castle, and look down your nose at the peons below. Always self righteous in your own mind, thinking you are better than them because your are not as impoverished and down trodden as those who have less.

But its hard to get down in the nitty gritty, and suffer the difficulties of those who have less, and still believe.

When you have been to hell and back again, you tend to forgive the weaknesses of others, because your understand what it is to be without.

The first will be last in the kingdom of heaven ...

Peace ...
The only one who has been to hell and back in the history of man is Christ...

Old 10-21-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
He claimed to have the experience on the road to Damascus, and he claimed to have had other visions as well. He never knew the man, Jesus. So he does not meet your criteria.

So, they were willing to accept that a man who had never known Jesus was an apostle. They were also apparently willing to accept Paul at his word when he related his visions to them. So, why is Paul an exception to the rule?

I'm not trying to dog you Ironmaw, but do you see a problem with being willing to accept one man's visions and interpretation of the life of Jesus who never knew him but unwilling to accept anyone else's claims to those types of "encounters" with Jesus? The criteria that you posted in your first answer to me doesn't really hold true if you're willing to accept Paul's visions. There must be more to it than that for you.
Well, in the vision Christ taught Paul the secret handshake and password...that is why they believed him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity