Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,076,609 times

Advertisements

The last paragraph is so cryptic:

"Molly, who also goes by Andy, Andrea or Sophie, may be wearing a dark-colored wig with bangs and chest-length hair, according to the alert. She has no physical or mental disabilities. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:40 AM

Good news. Reports are that she was found walking downtown. Someone recognized her from one of the fliers that was posted and called police.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 AM

863 posts, read 2,785,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
Good news. Reports are that she was found walking downtown. Someone recognized her from one of the fliers that was posted and called police.
Are they sure she doesn't have any mental disabilities?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 AM

That part of the story is a bit vague. I would guess that she does. Either that or she was abducted and released to the streets. I find the former more likely. We'll know soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
Are they sure she doesn't have any mental disabilities?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM

393 posts, read 1,217,636 times
Girl has been found

Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times
It's weird how this thread went from discussing Beverly to finding the whereabouts of a missing girl. I'm glad she was found though.

At any rate, I love Beverly and Mt. Greenwood. The tough part is finding an apartment to move to. It's quiet, and I like that. I'm starting my search in 3 weeks. Hope to see you there, OP.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 PM

152 posts, read 495,115 times
For a much more intimate look at Beverly (or do you say Beverly Hills?), their annual home tour is set for Sunday, May 17. I've taken this tour a few times already and highly recommend it, especially if you're thinking of relocating there. Even though I choose to live downtown, I've always had a soft spot for this beautiful Chicago neighborhood. You can find more information on Beverly and the tour at the Beverly Area Planning Association website at BAPA - Beverly Area Planning Association.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:53 PM

I also strongly recommend the Ridge Run (toward the end of May). The route along Longwood and up the hill through the heart of central Beverly is beautiful. If you can run 5k and have never been I recommend it -- the turnout is pretty impressive, the locals sit on the lawns of their huge old homes and cheer you along. It's a cool neighborhood scene. Ridge Park (starting and ending point) is also a great place to bring the kids to hang out for an afternoon -- lots of kids things going on that day.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 7,306 times
Does anyone have experience with the public schools in Beverly? My husband and I are considering relocating there, but this decision, at this point is hinging on the quality of the public schools.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 AM

393 posts, read 1,217,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaMc View Post
Does anyone have experience with the public schools in Beverly? My husband and I are considering relocating there, but this decision, at this point is hinging on the quality of the public schools.
City-Data has this page on Beverly that has a map with a pull down menu that colors the map according to different demographic measures.
https://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Beverly-Chicago-IL.html
Of particular interest to you should be "Private vs. public school K-12 enrollment", since that is both an indicator of money and of (possibly) dissatisfaction with the public schools. Also, "Median household income in 2007" and "% of people with masters, professional or doctorate degrees (25+)" is interesting. Once you look at those, the various racial demographics will be shown to be less relevant.

Wikipedia's article says
"Beverly has several of Chicago's top public elementary schools: Kellogg, Clissold, Barnard, and Sutherland. The neighborhood public high school is Morgan Park HS. Many students leave the neighborhood to attend Whitney M. Young Magnet HS and Walter Payton College Prep." Then it goes on to mention the Catholic schools. Morgan Park High School is 92.7% African-American. I'm not sure that Wikipedia speaks the truth on Barnard. See all the schools' "report cards" here: http://iirc.niu.edu

If I lived in Beverly and had kids, it would amuse me to send them to the Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences in Mount Greenwood. It would build character, especially considering the early start time. But they'd probably demand to go to Whitney Young (or St Ignatius if my hypothetical wife was Catholic.)

Anyway, you can use the CPS http://schoollocator.cps.k12.il.us to figure out the district boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago